DJI Mini SE (now at dji.com)

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
The DJI Mini SE details are now available here on DJI's site.

1628590866853.png

Per the Mini SE FAQ, here are the differences between the Mini SE and Mavic Mini:
  • Orange propeller tips
  • Stronger aircraft arms
  • USB-C charging port
  • Higher wind speed resistance of 8.5-10.5 m/s
While it's certainly no Mini 2, it's a slightly better version of the original Mavic Mini.

Now this looks unusually cheap here in NZ for a change
Been waiting for something to come along in my price range and got some good specs to back it up,
2.7k good enough for me and has more than enough range at 4km or even 2.5km ,,30 min fly time,,,might have to get in before price jumps up,prefer phantoms but the mavics pretty popular this year,,I'll sleep on it but just might have to go for it
Screenshot_20210810-223734_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Capt KO
thanks for sharing!

Now this looks unusually cheap here in NZ for a change
Been waiting for something to come along in my price range and got some good specs to back it up,
2.7k good enough for me and has more than enough range at 4km or even 2.5km ,,30 min fly time,,,might have to get in before price jumps up,prefer phantoms but the mavics pretty popular this year,,I'll sleep on it but just might have to go for it
View attachment 122523
I enjoyed my mini 1 but have since traded up to a used A2. Looks like the SE has fixed all of the drawbacks to the M1. Think you will enjoy it too from what I've seen of your flying but not the fishing part. Good luck. ?

Just less than .55 pounds means this drone can fly over people without violation of FAA rules! The math says it weighs .54895125. :)

Just less than .55 pounds means this drone can fly over people without violation of FAA rules! The math says it weighs .54895125. :)
To my knowledge all the weight factor does is preclude the need to register for recreational flights. All other rules still apply.

This is from the www.FAA.gov website:

What are the operations over people categories?​

The ability to fly over people varies depending on the level of risk that a small UAS operation presents to people on the ground. Operations over people are permitted subject to the following requirements:

• Category 1 small unmanned aircraft are permitted to operate over people, provided the small unmanned aircraft:
    • Weigh 0.55 pounds or less, including everything that is on board or otherwise attached to the aircraft at the time of takeoff and throughout the duration of each operation.
    • Contain no exposed rotating parts that would cause lacerations.
In addition, for Category 1 operations, no remote pilot in command may operate a small unmanned aircraft in sustained flight over open-air assemblies unless the operation is compliant with Remote ID.

The mini series will all fail for operation over people because once prop guards are applied it will be over weight limits. It will also fail the RID requirement for operation over open-air assemblies.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj