DJI Spark Q&A (Your Questions Answered)

This is probably a stupid question, but why is the hover time less than the flight time?

Max Flight Time 16 minutes (no wind at a consistent 12.4 mph (20 kph))
Max Hovering Time 15 minutes (no wind)
This is common in all drones with GPS. When in hover mode the drone is continuously working hard to stay perfectly in place which causes plenty of changes in motor speed. When moving, the opposite is true because the drone is in movement and doesn't have to remain perfectly still (motor change in speed is not as often)

Hi, thanks for all your answers so far. My question is about ordering, shipping and availability. I ordered the base from DJI's site for $499, it looks like its going to be 'released' on June 15th, do you know if that means that is when they are going to start shipping, do you know how long shipping takes? I'm trying to see if it will arrive to California before the June 23rd, in time for my trip to Hawaii.

I've heard through the rumor mill that those who ordered within 48hours of the launch event will likely see their sparks ship on the 15th and another batch will be released on June 30th.

Hi, thanks for all your answers so far. My question is about ordering, shipping and availability. I ordered the base from DJI's site for $499, it looks like its going to be 'released' on June 15th, do you know if that means that is when they are going to start shipping, do you know how long shipping takes? I'm trying to see if it will arrive to California before the June 23rd, in time for my trip to Hawaii.
The answer is.... no idea. Everyone says shipping on the 15th but I believe reality may be more like the 19 or 20. Shipping is fast, so expect to have it in about 3 days after it ships.

I have a question on the follow me mode...

I like to mountain bike. If I use hand gestures to get the Spark to follow me, will it adjust its elevation? For example, there is a trail I ride that has a long fast downhill. By that I mean, 2 miles, with a probably 400 ft elevation drop. Will the spark follow me down, or will it maintain elevation in relation to where it launched from?

Also, whats the top speed for follow me? There are parts of the trail that get pretty quick.

Thanks!

This is common in all drones with GPS. When in hover mode the drone is continuously working hard to stay perfectly in place which causes plenty of changes in motor speed. When moving, the opposite is true because the drone is in movement and doesn't have to remain perfectly still (motor change in speed is not as often)

Translational Lift
Helicopter Aviation

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl