DJI Mavic 3 vs Air 2S for Photography

That’s why I have not purchased the latest Drone even though I’ve been waiting on it for a long time like many others I’m not impressed looks to me like the air 2 is very similar also to my Mavic pro 2 all three look very similar than normal I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference I still like the phantom for pro as far as video one thing I wanna say about the Mavic maybe it’s just me or because I’m just an electrician and I’m not a photographer there seems to be way too many Browns in the Mavic Series, except for the Mavic one the first Mavic which I still have some of the shots at sunset looking at the sun look better than all my other DJI drones, i’m sure after a year or two and a lot of firmware updates they’ll get it right but I’m sure everybody agrees that this should’ve been done before release and with that humongous sensor it should stand out way over the other Drones I just don’t understand while their software guys couldn’t get this right from the beginning they’ve had the time since the release of the Mavic2pro Just my thoughts and you live in a Beautiful Pl., Italy compared to Texas well there’s just no comparison thanks for sharing

Another awesome video!

Let’s see the short Camera spec of both

DJI Mavic 3DJI Air 2s
sensor1"sensor (3x2 ratio)1"sensor (4x3ratio)
Focal length22 mm Focal length22 mm Focal length
photo resolution5472x3648 photo resolution5280x3956 photo resolution
video5472x3078 @ 24/35/30 fps video5120x2700 @ 24/35/30/50 fps video
ApertureFixed f/2.8 ApertureAdjustable f/2.8 Aperture

According to spec, both are very strong and have an almost similar quality camera. Besides having a larger sensor, the other interesting thing about the Mavic 3 is that it features a gimbal with TWO cameras. The telephoto camera not mentioned in the specs above is a smaller sensor with a lower resolution that only produces JPGs. I am overly meticulous about image quality and I think both of these drones are great for a depending on purposes. I am going to be nitpicking slight differences in image quality. All over in my opinion Air 2s are slightly better for me. What about you?

Last edited:
Let’s see the short Camera spec of both

DJI Mavic 3DJI Air 2s
sensor1"sensor (3x2 ratio)1"sensor (4x3ratio)
Focal length22 mm Focal length22 mm Focal length
photo resolution5472x3648 photo resolution5280x3956 photo resolution
video5472x3078 @ 24/35/30 fps video5120x2700 @ 24/35/30/50 fps video
ApertureFixed f/2.8 ApertureAdjustable f/2.8 Aperture

According to spec, both are very strong and have an almost similar quality camera. Besides having a larger sensor, the other interesting thing about the Mavic 3 is that it features a gimbal with TWO cameras. The telephoto camera not mentioned in the specs above is a smaller sensor with a lower resolution that only produces JPGs. I am overly meticulous about image quality and I think both of these drones are great for a depending on purposes. I am going to be nitpicking slight differences in image quality. All over in my opinion Air 2s are slightly better for me. What about you?
You should take another look at the Mavic 3 Specs (Mavic 3 - Specs - DJI). It has a 4/3 CMOS Censor, not a 1" that you state.

Reactions: John ghin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20