Dji is a large dissapointment

Like Verizon? GM keeps trying but just won't die...even if their customers do
LOL. I'll add Comcast cable to the list. 6 hours on the phone the other day to India trying to swap my landline to triple play. 2 more hours trying to escalate to someone in the US and I eventually got a tech to come out. It took him 10 minutes to make it work, they had to physically disconnect old phone company line coming into the house.

Sorry for the hijack

I have to admit that it's a bit of a disappointment that DJI don't sell replacement batteries for the remote. However if/ when mine takes a dump and decides it don't want to hold its charge, I will most likely send it into them for a replacement battery. Yes it's expensive but what in this hobby isn't?

LOL. I'll add Comcast cable to the list. 6 hours on the phone the other day to India trying to swap my landline to triple play. 2 more hours trying to escalate to someone in the US and I eventually got a tech to come out. It took him 10 minutes to make it work, they had to physically disconnect old phone company line coming into the house.

Sorry for the hijack

Im sure there are tons.

The internet/communication revolution has made cel phone stores and ISP offices akin to the DMV

As I get older I've noticed this stuff bothers me less and I remind myself these are first world problems.

10% of the first world...

Worst case, I have a controller(GL300C) I can send you for $150, if you are in the US. But, I really hope that want be the case.

Check your State and Fedreal Consumer Warranty Laws. Many state that manufacturers must provide functional repair parts for certain periods of time. In California the Song Bevrely Warranty Consumer Act, Civil Code Section 1790, states manufacturers must provide functional repair parts for 7 years from the date of purchase.

Why would he take his working RC apart and risk damaging it?
Because he's an EE, and should be able to with absolutely zero risk of damaging it at all.

Otherwise, he's not an engineer worth the cost of the paper his degree is printed on.

For the record, I'm an EE meself ;) :p

Reactions: kirk2579 and timmer
Because he's an EE, and should be able to with absolutely zero risk of damaging it at all.

Otherwise, he's not an engineer worth the cost of the paper his degree is printed on.

For the record, I'm an EE meself ;) :p
So take your RC apart and solve the replacement battery mystery ;)

So take your RC apart and solve the replacement battery mystery ;)
I'm not trying to pay anything forward, and I'm an a s s h o l e anyway :p:D

I will say, though, I can't count the number of times I've take s h i t apart simply because I was curious about some aspect of the engineering or operation. To me, that's a real engineer... :cool:

Just trying to buy a Drone from DJI is a problem. Could not get a hold of anyone to get simple answers that should have been on their web site. Was thinking of getting DJIcare but when I finally got ahold of someone they could not answer my questions and had a poor attitude.
Hope I never have to get anything repaired at Dji. Will be looking for alternatives to DJI on my next drone. There support is bad and we all need to let them know. If we just keep taking it like sheep it will only get worse. This industry is prime for an upstart company with a good product and service to make a big dent in Dji sales. ALL companies that treat their customers poorly will expire.
AUTEL. Needs a little more in R&D towards autonomous flight. Otherwise sounds like a very responsive customer oriented company.

Unless IT is part of a rocket, or missile. I like this board because of all the friendly people, and great advise.

Reactions: N017RW
Well then, maybe you can open your own remote and "figure it all out."

Timmer what on earth is your point? Read your post and ask yourself - have it helped or contributed in any way?? We are all trying to assist OP and share information that may assist others - are you?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Timmer what on earth is your point? Read your post and ask yourself - have it helped or contributed in any way?? We are all trying to assist OP and share information that may assist others - are you?

No help on my part at all I admit, just pointing out the hypocrisy of this statement "Maybe we can get a little repair group going I'm an Electrical Engineer and spent a lot of years designing Aircraft electronics and would be glad to figure this all out." and yet he asks right above that "If anyone who reads this has an RC open, please measure the battery Length, width and thickness and post it"

Again, for the last time, how is this "figuring this all out" when he can't be bothered to open his remote and figure it out.

Do words have meaning anymore?

Oh, and I believe this is the battery: 7.4V polymer battery 6000mAh|7.4V polymer lithium battery 6000mAh - TenBattery and appears it was made just for DJI for the RC because I have not found anything else online. So believe it or not, I was trying to help and it took me less than a minute to find out how to open the RC:

Also I sent an email to the person in the video, [email protected] (Hungary), inquiring about the battery they used and the one I posted above.

So glad he's figuring this all out.

No help on my part at all I admit, just pointing out the hypocrisy of this statement "Maybe we can get a little repair group going I'm an Electrical Engineer and spent a lot of years designing Aircraft electronics and would be glad to figure this all out." and yet he asks right above that "If anyone who reads this has an RC open, please measure the battery Length, width and thickness and post it"

Again, for the last time, how is this "figuring this all out" when he can't be bothered to open his remote and figure it out.

Do words have meaning anymore?

Oh, and I believe this is the battery: 7.4V polymer battery 6000mAh|7.4V polymer lithium battery 6000mAh - TenBattery and appears it was made just for DJI for the RC because I have not found anything else online. So believe it or not, I was trying to help and it took me less than a minute to find out how to open the RC:

Also I sent an email to the person in the video, [email protected] (Hungary), inquiring about the battery they used and the one I posted above.

So glad he's figuring this all out.
I can't see where @Kirby Johnson asking others who may have a remote opened to provide specs on the battery, as opposed to opening his own remote risking possible damage and which may void his own warranty is too far out in left field.....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hi guys I am a retired Electronics engineer and if it is a 2s lipo battery the votage will be 8.4v that is 4.2v per cell, all lipo batteries are in made up of 4.2v cells, any hobby shop should have them or order them from hobby king, just measure the battery to make sure your new one will fit

Hi guys I am a retired Electronics engineer and if it is a 2s lipo battery the votage will be 8.4v that is 4.2v per cell, all lipo batteries are in made up of 4.2v cells, any hobby shop should have them or order them from hobby king, just measure the battery to make sure your new one will fit
I bet there is software on the battery pack. I was (still am on the side) a software engineer :)

It is a possibility, but from the picture that I saw on a previous post it looks like a pretty standard lipo battery:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor