Dji is a large dissapointment

At the Interstate Battery facility in Everett, WA, they have a guy, cooped up in a little room w/ a soldering iron, wire, connectors, shrink wrap and little batteries of every kind. He builds battery packs of the correct capacity, output and dimensions to power almost anything including obsolete and "sealed" drills, dustbusters and cordless devices of any kind. Your problem should be a snap for him.

Just trying to buy a Drone from DJI is a problem. Could not get a hold of anyone to get simple answers that should have been on their web site. Was thinking of getting DJIcare but when I finally got ahold of someone they could not answer my questions and had a poor attitude.
Hope I never have to get anything repaired at Dji. Will be looking for alternatives to DJI on my next drone. There support is bad and we all need to let them know. If we just keep taking it like sheep it will only get worse. This industry is prime for an upstart company with a good product and service to make a big dent in Dji sales. ALL companies that treat their customers poorly will expire.

that exact story and line has been used for years now.
going to buy a "xyz" drone next
DJI has only got bigger and better and left the competitors in the dust tech wise.

Since it appears you actually have not used or needed tech service with a drone issue maybe wait and see if it is a bad as you are saying it is, without you actually used it yet. seems unfair at best.

FWIW
service is solid at this point if you need a repair for the most part, read how it was back in 2015 to see a real mess...

good luck and have fun flying!

DJI is BY FAR the leading producer and retailer of consumer drones. Of course their support lines are going to be more busy than their competitors, they probably own 90% of the market share. Let say there are 10 DJI drones (I'd say a pretty fair guesstimate) purchased for every 1 of another brand. Who's phone is going to ring more?

curious about some aspect of the engineering or operation. To me, that's a real engineer... :cool:[/QUOTE]

funny but sure as glad I learned early on to be curious and rip stuff apart...

the few things I couldn't get back together have more than paid for the learning..

Have not been in a cell phone store for over a dozen years.
never had to call/email DJI support in 6 phantoms.
Don't call customer service as I self repair almost all .

Try to teach my kids when you have an issue:
think
look
research
try
try
try again
then if all else fails , ask for help
too many go to the last step first!

If so he probably at least knew how to spell hydraulics.

If you're going to snark post then you deserved that one.
I have an excuse. I went to public school.
But my math still works. 0 sec flight, -45 ft altitude, drone was upside down accelerating.
Is the flight data sensitive enough to tell me at what point it went upside down?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3