Dji is a large dissapointment

Reaction score
After throwing thousands of dollars into a product you think you would get treated better. My battery in my remote has taken a ****.DJI and the Official DJI store do not carry the 6000 mah battery that has been monopolized just for the remote. I am super discouraged and sometimes wonder why I got into this hobby. Massive amounts of money spent and a simple thing like a remote battery can't and won't be sold to its customers. Online support, worthless, official stores, worthless. Up until today I stood by DJI with all my being. Today I feel like a used piece of garbage. They said buy a new remote. 300 bucks. Lmao
If anyone knows anything about remote battery replacement options and if they have done this themselves. This forum is awesome and sure would love some help.

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wonder if Batteries Plus would take a look at it for you? They claim to change a battery in about any thing.You can buy a used controller for a lot less than that.

I wonder if Batteries Plus would take a look at it for you? They claim to change a battery in about any thing.You can buy a used controller for a lot less than that.
Anchorage: I have not ever opened one of these up, but I'd bet the battery in our remotes is some combination or series and parallel 18650 batteries. 95 percent of the things out there that are not phones or Quads use the 18650, IE those million dollar laptop batteries used to be a collection of 4, 5, 6, or 7 batteries. When my laptop batteries have failed, usually because one of the batteries had gone bad but the others were still good, I used the remaining good ones in flashlights.

Does anybody know what the output voltage of the remote batteries is? I read someone mentioning 8 volts, but I do not believe it was an actual measurement. It would be easy to build a replacement battery for much less than the price of the remote.

Reactions: jakobe75
Just trying to buy a Drone from DJI is a problem. Could not get a hold of anyone to get simple answers that should have been on their web site. Was thinking of getting DJIcare but when I finally got ahold of someone they could not answer my questions and had a poor attitude.
Hope I never have to get anything repaired at Dji. Will be looking for alternatives to DJI on my next drone. There support is bad and we all need to let them know. If we just keep taking it like sheep it will only get worse. This industry is prime for an upstart company with a good product and service to make a big dent in Dji sales. ALL companies that treat their customers poorly will expire.

I've not replaced RC battery but have opened RC several times it's easy and aside from finding new battery, quite straight forward IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If DJI don't supply the pack as a spare part you can't really be dirty on them for not being able to supply one to you. In this low current application a good LiPO should last many hundreds of charge cycles so they probably expected several thousand flights would see it meet the practical service life for most.

Your frustration is understandable though. Lucky It's just a 2s LiPO and a simple job. Find one same size or slightly smaller and solder the connector from the original to it.

I think we are all hoping DJI will get some serious competition. Makes it a better place for consumers.

He could always send the controller to DJI and they will install a new battery for less than the cost of a new controller.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This may help

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Lawrie: Thanks a lot. So the Remote carries a 7.4 volt 6000 ma Hour Lipo battery. That helps. I was wrong about the 18650 batteries being used. But this is even simpler. Ebay and Amazon and all the hobby places have the same specification batteries listed which LOOK similar, we would have to do some actual measurements to find out if any of these commonly available batteries would fit, but my suspicion is that DJI is using a standard RC Hobby battery. If anyone who reads this has an RC open, please measure the battery Length, width and thickness and post it. Maybe we can get a little repair group going I'm an Electrical Engineer and spent a lot of years designing Aircraft electronics and would be glad to figure this all out.

After throwing thousands of dollars into a product you think you would get treated better. My battery in my remote has taken a ****.DJI and the Official DJI store do not carry the 6000 mah battery that has been monopolized just for the remote. I am super discouraged and sometimes wonder why I got into this hobby. Massive amounts of money spent and a simple thing like a remote battery can't and won't be sold to its customers. Online support, worthless, official stores, worthless. Up until today I stood by DJI with all my being. Today I feel like a used piece of garbage.

Not sure how one faulty battery that DJI didn't make has to do with the whole enchilada.

I totally understand being pissed off - so lets get it fixed for you.

Which Phantom do you have?

ALL companies that treat their customers poorly will expire.

Like Verizon? GM keeps trying but just won't die...even if their customers do

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik