DJI has released new firmware v3.06 for Phantom 2 series

rrmccabe said:
mikecouk said:
My mainboard didn't go to .32 either, it's stuck on .31 with no update available

Same for me. I also got message about doing advanced IMU calibration but tells me MC is too warm which is odd as I just turned it on.

So have battery out and letting it set for a while to cool off.

IMU MC warm is an old bug they have never fixed. Mine did the same before but just click X and close the windo and proceed with calibration.

andersonpaac said:
So is there no way to set RTH height through the Assistant ?
No... but why would you need to? You can set a RTH height simply by resetting your home point once you're up in the air. So you can tailor it to whatever height makes sense to your current flying environment.

That usually the first thing I do once I have GPS lock and initial home point. I fire up the motors and rise to about 5 feet to test all control responses, then look around me to spot the highest obstacle I can see in the area, accend straight up to about that height, and reset my home point. Then I know if I ever need RTH (or, now I guess, if the Phantom goes into low battery recall), I'll clear everything in the area.

ProfessorStein said:
andersonpaac said:
No... but why would you need to? You can set a RTH height simply by resetting your home point once you're up in the air. So you can tailor it to whatever height makes sense to your current flying environment.

That usually the first thing I do once I have GPS lock and initial home point. I fire up the motors and rise to about 5 feet to test all control responses, then look around me to spot the highest obstacle I can see in the area, accend straight up to about that height, and reset my home point. Then I know if I ever need RTH (or, now I guess, if the Phantom goes into low battery recall), I'll clear everything in the area.

Excuse my ignorance, but that really works?

ProfessorStein said:
andersonpaac said:

I've never tried this so I have a question... If you set the home point to something above ground level, how does the Phantom react when it returns to that home point in the sky? Do the motors shut off and it drops to the ground? Or does it auto desend from there?

Yes... absolutely it does. I do it all the time. Granted I've only used RTH twice... but both times it performed exactly as expected, rising 60' above the new established home point.

Others have confirmed as well.

DesertFlyer53 said:
I've never tried this so I have a question... If you set the home point to something above ground level, how does the Phantom react when it returns to that home point in the sky? Do the motors shut off and it drops to the ground? Or does it auto desend from there?

No. I actually wondered about that, too... until I tested it. The Phantom continues it's slow decent until it lands. I'm not sure if it just senses that it's not moving anymore (ie - it's landed) or if it stores the barometer value at start up and knows it's "down". However it does it, it works, and it lands safely no matter the height of the home point you set.

ProfessorStein said:
DesertFlyer53 said:

No. I actually wondered about that, too... until I tested it. The Phantom continues it's slow decent until it lands. I'm not sure if it just senses that it's not moving anymore (ie - it's landed) or if it stores the barometer value at start up and knows it's "down". However it does it, it works.

Thanks for that info. I'll give it a try. :)

maher said:
Updated today my P2 Non-vision with H3-3D to firmware 3.06.
Have to do it in Windows since the Mac Assistant 3.2 is not available yet.

On the DJI download link page, the installer for the 3.2 assistant for the P2 NON-VISION declare that it will install the Assistant for the P2 VISION!!! May be it is the source of my trouble. Is there an assistant installer specific to the P2 NON-VISION?

After the firmware upgrade, the P330CB is still at 1.0.1.31 as many have reported here.

Everything seem to for fine to me but NO MORE TILT CONTROL ON THE H3-3D GIMBAL.

I've done a calibration on the RC Controller and the assistant react to the tilt lever on the screen. I'm trying to upgrade my Zenmuse software but cannot find a micro-USB port on my gimbal. I don't even know if this is possible with the Zenmuse for the P2 non-vision.

So anyone with a P2 + H3-3D NON-VISION successfully updated to firmware 3.06 and control board 1.0.1.32 and still have a control on the tilt lever for the gimbal?

Maher

I'm having similar trouble with my H3-3D Gimbal on P2 non-vision. The X1 values in the assistant software are all over the place, not consistent at all. I've re-calibrated half a dozen times and it's really flaky, If I didn't know better I'd think the potentiometer in the controller was bad but it worked perfectly before the update. Some calibrations give me maybe 45 degrees of adjustment, right now there is perhaps 5 degrees max. The values also do not change smoothly as they did before - it is now like an on-off switch jumping from one end of the pot to the other with no signal in between.

This really sucks.

ProfessorStein said:
Yes... absolutely it does. I do it all the time. Granted I've only used RTH twice... but both times it performed exactly as expected, rising 60' above the new established home point.

Others have confirmed as well.

That's pure awesomeness.

I am happy yet still highly frustrated. Good news, no more J hook for me on my P2V+, flies straight now! Bad news, I still cannot get FPV in 640 on my Android Note 3. Its choppy and it freezes. 320 works but quality is horrible!

Big kuddos to all that fixed the J hooking, so much better

ProfessorStein said:
andersonpaac said:

Ok, this is a very interesting idea. I was also concerned that it would drop, but if you have tested, that's good to know. But does it show the correct altimeter once you reset your home point? I'm guessing yes... but all this makes me wonder why DJI doesn't just recommend everyone do this, or have a button to set RTH height while flying??

race3 said:
But does it show the correct altimeter once you reset your home point? I'm guessing yes... but all this makes me wonder why DJI doesn't just recommend everyone do this, or have a button to set RTH height while flying??

The altimeter continues to show correct altitude, yes.

And DJI *just* finally added a "button" in the app to initiate a compass calibration. It's really no wonder they don't have a home point reset button (yet?). Besides.... using the switch to reset the home point is easy enough (and, I do believe, is in the latest user manual... so DJI *has* told you how to do it).

BlackTracer said:
Codacious said:
We have two windows computers that we only use for downloading movies, I hate to plug anything important into them. I tried to update on one of them, but it said it couldn't install the driver software... windows... thanks a ton!

Likely the prob is you have to be an administrator to install the driver. Unlikely that you have that privilege on those 2 PCs (Did I read somewhere you are on a military base/computer?)

I'm on a Marine Corps base in Okinawa, but not military computers. I got out two years ago, my wife is still active duty, I'm just the spouse now. lol

DesertFlyer53 said:
ProfessorStein said:
DesertFlyer53 said:

No. I actually wondered about that, too... until I tested it. The Phantom continues it's slow decent until it lands. I'm not sure if it just senses that it's not moving anymore (ie - it's landed) or if it stores the barometer value at start up and knows it's "down". However it does it, it works.

Thanks for that info. I'll give it a try. :)

When we catch by hand/land and hold left stick down for 3 seconds the phantom shuts off if you keep her the same height.
Now do the same but move the phantom up and down. You notice she won't shut off.

Now... Thanks to Ian and the Beta Testers!!!
Did a compass calibration via the app.
I had TBE in the first minute. Flew her for a few seconds and she flew perfectly.
No more:
1. TBE
2. J hooks
3. Flying on an angle (great footage though)
3. Massive stationary yaw circles.
Looks like the NAZA is storing/learning the magnetic declinations.

Jeffin916 said:
I am happy yet still highly frustrated. Good news, no more J hook for me on my P2V+, flies straight now! Bad news, I still cannot get FPV in 640 on my Android Note 3. Its choppy and it freezes. 320 works but quality is horrible!

Big kuddos to all that fixed the J hooking, so much better

1. Next time you open her up, check the antennas are both plugged in.
Phantom%20Antenna.jpg

2. Purchase the FPV Booster app below (I have this one):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ster&hl=en
I don't fly distance. I use it because it reduces drop-outs.

If you want a free booster app, use the vision+ utility (I haven't tested):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lity&hl=en

Configurable tilt for speeds?

Does this firmware allow configuration of tilt and vertical speeds?
Vertical descend speed was reduced to 2m/s in v3, more importantly v3.04 reduced tilt thus horizontal speed significantly. This was supposedly done to increase stability for overloaded p2 (prop guards and all) but is a huge handicap for the rest of us. Does this firmware removed that restriction or at least made it configurable?

wattsn said:
Great. the new Android Vision App is now not allowing installation on a tablet. Stating my device (Galaxy Tab s) is not compatible. Time to extract the .apk from my phone :(

Done. Installed. If anyone needs the .apk drop me a PM with your email address :)

Wattsn have sent you a pm

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl