DJI has released new firmware v3.06 for Phantom 2 series

Andy T said:
Pretty spectacular how much 3.06 improves things

Ditto!

I did one more flight before I went to work. Launch to 200ft amid the camera down and went down my street for 1/2 mile. The P2 stayed right in line with the street as I watched from my FPV. (my street is straight). Did a 180 and it flew back on the same course. Went down again (backwards) and once again straight as an arrow. Maybe now I'll keep it and invest in a 3rd battery.

babryan said:
My biggest problem is early landing. Two batteries I get the first warning at 30-32% auto land within 30 seconds. Both time I was about 300' away the P2 never started to go home before auto descending. My third battery does the same but at 25% warning and auto descend within seconds. Important to note that flight time to auto descend is at about 10 min now compared to 12 min previously.

I have auto land off. I got the Red lights at 20% and then again at 15%

I typically strive to bring the Phantom back home around 30% battery. That would be terrible if it decided t auto land prior to the home point while near that very conservative battery percentage.

quick question for you guys…I am currently on vacation and have my macbook and there is no update for mac yet…I have access to a PC laptop but its running windows Vista…anyone know if it will work with Vista?
Thanks

babryan said:
My biggest problem is early landing. Two batteries I get the first warning at 30-32% auto land within 30 seconds. Both time I was about 300' away the P2 never started to go home before auto descending. My third battery does the same but at 25% warning and auto descend within seconds. Important to note that flight time to auto descend is at about 10 min now compared to 12 min previously.

I don't see an option to turn auto land off in the assistant, just turn off return home. I will be turning that off, but I believe I have some serious battery problems :|

quick question for you guys…I am currently on vacation and have my macbook and there is no update for mac yet…I have access to a PC laptop but its running windows Vista…anyone know if it will work with Vista?

Did my update on a laptop with Vista. Now that central board 1.0.1.32 is online it works perfect. Go for it

Redwood said:

Did my update on a laptop with Vista. Now that central board 1.0.1.32 is online it works perfect. Go for it

thanks redwood…gonna try it now

babryan said:
babryan said:

I don't see an option to turn auto land off in the assistant, just turn off return home. I will be turning that off, but I believe I have some serious battery problems :|

Your correct, I turned off return home

Re: Configurable tilt for speeds?

macheung said:
Does this firmware allow configuration of tilt and vertical speeds?
Vertical descend speed was reduced to 2m/s in v3, more importantly v3.04 reduced tilt thus horizontal speed significantly. This was supposedly done to increase stability for overloaded p2 (prop guards and all) but is a huge handicap for the rest of us. Does this firmware removed that restriction or at least made it configurable?

FASTFJR said:
babryan said:
babryan said:

Your correct, I turned off return home
And the battery failsafe turns off as well? That would be odd.

Anyone have a problem with the ground station in the app? I'm using the Note 3. With WiFi connected to the range extender, I cannot swipe from the camera screen to ground station. If connected to home WiFi , I can change change screens.

My biggest problem is early landing. Two batteries I get the first warning at 30-32% auto land within 30 seconds. Both times I was about 300' away the P2 never started to go home before auto descending. My third battery does the same but at 25% warning and auto descend within seconds. Important to note that flight time to auto descend is at about 10 min now compared to 12 min previously.

That sounds more like a problem with the crappy not so smart battery's and not anything that will or can ever be fixed with any software update. as far as the battery's internal charger that likes to crap out and not properly charge the cells right.

I dissected my bad dji battery that 2 cells were shot right out of the box when I got it. and there isn't actually any thing at all wrong with the battery its self and is the "smart" part of the battery that is the problem. If I individual charge the cells they take a full charge. I still need to do some more experimentation but I am working on a good work around that will make it so they can be charged properly and be able to then work properly in the phantom with out an early landing do to them not really being fully charged and cells balanced.

Old Gazer said:
Anyone have a problem with the ground station in the app? I'm using the Note 3. With WiFi connected to the range extender, I cannot swipe from the camera screen to ground station. If connected to home WiFi , I can change change screens.

I think the new app sets everything to default, which waypoints being deactivated - if you go into Settings you need to check the box to enable it again.

I wonder what the hold up is with the Mac version. Seems to be a lot of people waiting for it.

LuvMyTJ said:
I wonder what the hold up is with the Mac version. Seems to be a lot of people waiting for it.

I shot them an email and they responded pretty quickly. They seemed to not know that it wasn't updated.
Dear Sir,

Recently it is not available.
Our team will follow on that.

Thanks

Best regards,
DJI Sales Dept.

Codacious said:
LuvMyTJ said:

I shot them an email and they responded pretty quickly. They seemed to not know that it wasn't updated.
Dear Sir,

Thanks

Best regards,
DJI Sales Dept.

thanks for the update.

Codacious said:
Dear Sir,

Thanks

Best regards,
DJI Sales Dept.

I tried to chat yesterday but after waiting a while it said they were to busy and to leave a message and they would get back to me. I received nothing. I assumed they rushed to get it live but only had the Windows version ready and figured they would get around to the Mac version eventually. I am packing up to go away this weekend (leave tomorrow) and was hoping for the new firmware before I left.

Two questions:

1) Is there anyway to adjust the level of battery percentage required before the Phantom does an auto land?
2) Is there any way to avoid the phantom doing an auto land once it reaches 30% or below?

I really don't want to update if I have to worry about the Phantom auto landing when I'm at 25% battery life.

Pull_Up said:
Old Gazer said:

I think the new app sets everything to default, which waypoints being deactivated - if you go into Settings you need to check the box to enable it again.

Thanks Pull_Up, I did that, still not working right. I tried reinstalling the app as well. I can get on the way point screen while connected to home WiFi and set way points and then connect to the range finder and fly as long as I don't switch back to the camera screen. Once on camera screen, I cannot go back to waypoints. Hopefully DJI will fix the problem before long.

Pull_Up said:
Old Gazer said:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello