DJI has released new firmware v3.06 for Phantom 2 series

ronea2 said:
Flew about 30 min in 5 - 8 mph winds. I'm in NW WA and the declination here is a little over 16 degrees. I was have a fairly severe case of TBE and J hooking. From the beginning of my flight today all went well - straight and stable. I had been having difficulty following paths without drifting. No problems today. Many thanks to ianwood and the beta testers for their help in keeping dji focused on getting this done. I now have the confidence to complete some projects I had been holding off until the fix. Worth the wait.
Awesome... in spite of DJI's past poor customer service, I knew in some ways they have been spreading themselves a little thin in trying to do too much too soon. These specific updates that hit on safety/reliability and customer service are a very positive sign that DJI is heading in the right direction. I'm always happy to see such feedback from the users. Your comment alone has almost convinced me to upgrade... **** descent rate restrictions... ;)

npalen said:
phantomguy said:
Is everyones Radar icon calibrated perfectly? Or is the actual radar indicator pointing slightly to the right compared to the direction of the actual Phantom?

My iphone 4 is fairly accurate on the compass but not so on Kindle Fire HDX where it's usually off at least 90 degrees. I was wondering if the "compass calibration" in the new app is to address that issue.
Is the compass feature in the app intended to replace the 'compass dance' we normally do? or is it basically just moving the transitional assistant software compass calibration feature to the app?

npalen said:
phantomguy said:
Is everyones Radar icon calibrated perfectly? Or is the actual radar indicator pointing slightly to the right compared to the direction of the actual Phantom?

My iphone 4 is fairly accurate on the compass but not so on Kindle Fire HDX where it's usually off at least 90 degrees. I was wondering if the "compass calibration" in the new app is to address that issue.

No, this just like flipping the S1 switch on the TX.

cougar said:
npalen said:
phantomguy said:

No, this just like flipping the S1 switch on the TX.

I'll guess so. Let's hope in the "next version" they have implemented similar for CL and HL, too.

3.06 installed. Phantom 2 H3-3D gimbal.
Note. At this stage the central board update is not working.

After some initial problems with the gimbal making funny noises on power up, after doing advanced calibration,
I figured out I have to do advanced cali outside because the bus rocks ever so gently when someone moves or walks around
and this alters the readings. Did the calibration outside on the ground and no probs after that.

Flies well. No TBE and very little if any J Hook. Default gains are fine. 125 125 120 140 260 260
Very little drop when you let go of the sticks on a fast forward flight.
Speeds are GPS 7.5mtrs sec. ATTI 15mtrs sec. Descent 2mtrs sec.

RTH was triggered at 20% but I could still yaw as it flew hm. Could get out of RTH quickly via toggling GPS ATTI.
At 15% auto descend triggered coming down very slowly at .5mtrs sec. Still had full control but needed full throttle to go up.

All in all, it flies like it should have flown 5 months ago. :)

I was surprised to see that even though their was a 'new' manual posted on DJI's site with today's date, there was no update addressing the new auto RTH at a low battery warning alarm... You would think this would be something they would have definitely updated...

AnselA said:
nzvideoguys said:
3.06 installed.

After some initial problems with the gimbal making funny noises on power up, after doing advanced calibration

Which Phantom and which gimbal?
Phantom 2 H3-3D gimbal. (Thanks, I added this info to the post too)

Hi
I have just updated both my vision and phantom 2
My vision now feeds video to my iphone with a 30-45 sec delay making it useless for fpv
Have tried changing preview settings no difference
Have noted that the CB will not update to 1-01-32 says 31 is the latest ?
Also my phantom 2 will not let me change the battery warning levels now :eek:
Any help would be appreciated

Flew 2 packs with 3.06 in my P2V+. Much less work to keep it straight. I never felt it was a huge issue since I am accustomed to correcting flight lines from years of regular RC flying. But it does reduce the workload. New battery info is nice to see as well.

Work got cut short so I drove the two hours to home. Updated to the new software (Macbook Pro) running Parallels and Window's 7 because I didn't see the Mac version. Anyway everything went well, updated and re-calibrated the sticks and gimbal just to be sure. Battery #1 I did a compass calibration at start, took it to 75ft and flew a STRAIGHT FREAKING LINE for 1500ft let go of the stick, slowed and NOT ANY J HOOK AT ALL. I spent the entire battery flying at different heights just zooming across the sky back and forth.

When I mean straight it flew straight as an arrow. Didn't need to try and compensate at all
Second battery went just as well, also spent some time practicing circles...........

I'm in 19075

Thanks to Ianwood and everyone else who MADE this happen!!!!!

FASTFJR said:
Work got cut short so I drove the two hours to home. Updated to the new software (Macbook Pro) running Parallels and Window's 7 because I didn't see the Mac version. Anyway everything went well, updated and re-calibrated the sticks and gimbal just to be sure. Battery #1 I did a compass calibration at start, took it to 75ft and flew a STRAIGHT FREAKING LINE for 1500ft let go of the stick, slowed and NOT ANY J HOOK AT ALL. I spent the entire battery flying at different heights just zooming across the sky back and forth.

When I mean straight it flew straight as an arrow. Didn't need to try and compensate at all
Second battery went just as well, also spent some time practicing circles...........

In in 19075

Thanks to Ianwood and everyone else who MADE this happen!!!!!

Awesome

Just got back from first flight after updating App and firmware... As a sidenote - I was experiencing severe TBE before this.

Winds were gusting about 30 km/h tonight and the P2V held up great. No more TBE, the thing flew in straight lines and stopped much better than before. I am very happy about this! I had 11 satellites which is a bit higher than normal...

The only issue with my P2V now is the fuzzy right side of the camera... That won't be getting fixed anytime soon

Updated today my P2 Non-vision with H3-3D to firmware 3.06.
Have to do it in Windows since the Mac Assistant 3.2 is not available yet.

On the DJI download link page, the installer for the 3.2 assistant for the P2 NON-VISION declare that it will install the Assistant for the P2 VISION!!! May be it is the source of my trouble. Is there an assistant installer specific to the P2 NON-VISION?

After the firmware upgrade, the P330CB is still at 1.0.1.31 as many have reported here.

Everything seem to for fine to me but NO MORE TILT CONTROL ON THE H3-3D GIMBAL.

I've done a calibration on the RC Controller and the assistant react to the tilt lever on the screen. I'm trying to upgrade my Zenmuse software but cannot find a micro-USB port on my gimbal. I don't even know if this is possible with the Zenmuse for the P2 non-vision.

So anyone with a P2 + H3-3D NON-VISION successfully updated to firmware 3.06 and control board 1.0.1.32 and still have a control on the tilt lever for the gimbal?

Maher

plugged y phantom into the assis. software today and there was no update for 3.06...
not to say that i even want to upgrade anyway. wish i was still at 3.02 at least instead of 3.04. this "3.06" better not be a total *** wiper... :shock:
curious why i am not seeing the update yet on the PT2 software for MAC...

Kelso Kubat said:
plugged y phantom into the assis. software today and there was no update for 3.06...
not to say that i even want to upgrade anyway. wish i was still at 3.02 at least instead of 3.04. this "3.06" better not be a total *** wiper... :shock:
curious why i am not seeing the update yet on the PT2 software for MAC...

It almost feels like you didn't read the previous 10 pages of posts. Another 3.06 upgrader checking in - no PCB V1.0.1.32 for me yet either.

Barandbrew said:
Hi
My vision now feeds video to my iphone with a 30-45 sec delay making it useless for fpv
Have tried changing preview settings no difference
Have noted that the CB will not update to 1-01-32 says 31 is the latest ?
After upgrading today, I first tried 640x480 30fps preview, and the screen froze just like the previous app version. So I landed and shut everything down and restarted to get preview back.
I then tried 640x480 15fps preview, and got a delay like you describe, but it was more like 5-10 seconds for me, still not acceptable for FPV. So I backed off to 320x240 30fps and the delay was gone. I then went back to 640x480 15fps and finished the first battery down to 15% and flew again with the second battery down to 15% with no problems and no preview delay. I can't explain why the problem cleared up.
And like many others have reported, I'm still at 1.0.1.31.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31