DJI Goggles vs Epson Moverio BT-300?

I posted a link to a zip file with the instructions and programs needed several days ago… I believe it's post number 15 in this thread

I did download your posted information for the work around. See directory below. I'm not very experienced with doing the process you documented at this time. Thanks for helping. I will try to get to the point where I can make the installation.

Can you use the Moverio BT-300 glasses as a second monitor for (example) a project manager to wear to frame up a shot?

Can you use the Moverio BT-300 glasses as a second monitor
Those glasses plug directly into the included Android device. If even possible, you'd need some kind of splitter to share the video signal. I've never seen anyone attempt it.

Can you use the Moverio BT-300 glasses as a second monitor for (example) a project manager to wear to frame up a shot?
In theory yes, but in actual practice it would be tricky to set up. I'm assuming that you mean that the project manager is using the Moverio to watch what the drone operator is doing, not to have two pairs of glasses connected to the same Moverio controller.

If the drone operator is running DJi GO on an Android phone or tablet, you "could" run a screen sharing app on the operator's Android device and on the Moverio. The Moverio would then see what is on the operator's screen. A couple of things will make that difficult to get working. The Moverio is running a tweaked version of Android 5.1 and is not certfied by Goggle. Which means, no access to the Google Play store. It has it's own app store, but I don't know if it has a any screen sharing apps. You would have to get the screen sharing app's apk file and side load into to the Moverio if it's not's directly available.

Assuming that you have the screen sharing apps installed, the lag time in screen updates could be annoying for the Moverio wearer to watch. If you are lining up a shot, it would be fine, but motion video will probably be pretty bad.

If you meant two people using Moverio glasses on the same device, that's probably a non-starter. I can't see any compelling reason for Epson to support that.

I just returned my Moverio BT-300 glasses. While it seems to be a very well made product of high quality, I can't get comfortable with them without possibly spending another $250 for prescription inserts which may or may not work either way. Aside from that, I find the image to be very good given the moderate resolution (720p), good colors and contrast which is to be expected from a OLED display. Using them to fly my drone - not so much. While the image is visible in bright sunlight when using the special dark shades, it is by no means good enough to comfortably fly FPV. I was hoping that the good display would help more but the relatively small image does not provide enough immersion and the glasses are too awkward and obtrusive to get a comfortable LOS - hence a significant compromise all around.

The worst part is that I HAVE to use GO which I don't like. It is very hard to see flight parameters and there is no voice flight parameter announcements. The googles will not support anything else such as Litchi which is by far my preferred choice for FPV since its voice flight data announcements allows me to focus on WHERE I am going rather than HOW...

So, back to looking for higher quality FPV gear (currently use a $20 google headset and iPhone 7 - which does a pretty good job).

Once you pop in the dark shades, you won't be able to see your Phantom through the picture in the glasses. It's a neat idea, but I don't think it works well for that purpose.

Actually, with the dark shades, you get a great image, even in bright light. Then, it is easy to look above or below the thin Moverio glasses to see the drone directly in VLOS mode. Only a very slight eye movement switches back and forth from the DJI GO 4 App and a direct visual of the drone. You can nearly watch both at the same time. When I use a screen device (even the P4P+ brighter screen), I find it hard to see with bright day glare and more importantly, when moving from looking down to the device and then looking back up to the drone, I often find it takes time to reacquire the drone to re-establish VLOS. This issue is removed, for me, with the Moverio BT-300's. I am a photographer and find that the bright, clear image display on the dark shaded glass does an excellent job for FPV flying and framing video and still images.

Until recently, the DJI GO 4 software did not switch well between Intelligent Flight Models. Now it does. But, I am very comfortable flying either with the Intelligent modes or manually. I agree that if, for some reason, you feel you need other software, you don't want the Moverio BT-300. If I am doing a mapping app, when the drone generally flies by itself, I use an iPhone or iPad. Those occasions are rare.

Last edited:
Actually, with the dark shades, you get a great image, even in bright light. Then, it is easy to look above or below the thin Moverio glasses to see the drone directly in VLOS mode.
Yep -- it sounds like we're saying the same thing (it's not possible to see the Phantom through the picture as advertised).

Actually, with the dark shades, you get a great image, even in bright light. Then, it is easy to look above or below the thin Moverio glasses to see the drone directly in VLOS mode. Only a very slight eye movement switches back and forth from the DJI GO 4 App and a direct visual of the drone. You can nearly watch both at the same time. When I use a screen device (even the P4P+ brighter screen), I find it hard to see with bright day glare and more importantly, when moving from looking down to the device and then looking back up to the drone, I often find it takes time to reacquire the drone to re-establish VLOS. This issue is removed, for me, with the Moverio BT-300's. I am a photographer and find that the bright, clear image display on the dark shaded glass does an excellent job for FPV flying and framing video and still images.

Until recently, the DJI GO 4 software did not switch well between Intelligent Flight Models. Now it does. But, I am very comfortable flying either with the Intelligent modes or manually. I agree that if, for some reason, you feel you need other software, you don't want the Moverio BT-300. If I am doing a mapping app, when the drone generally flies by itself, I use an iPhone or iPad. Those occasions are rare.
Will BT-300s connect to Crystalsky?

With out having tested it, I would think that although there is a USB connection on Crystaljcity, the software is not compatible with the BT – 300 glasses. The Moveriio BT-300 glasses come with their own device that runs the DJI app. i’m not sure why you would want to have both providing you with the video feedback and control parameters.

With out having tested it, I would think that although there is a USB connection on Crystaljcity, the software is not compatible with the BT – 300 glasses. The Moveriio BT-300 glasses come with their own device that runs the DJI app. i’m not sure why you would want to have both providing you with the video feedback and control parameters.
Yes I see what you mean. Thank you for your reply.

I read all the posts and saw no mention of people who use readers. Can these be used without readers (ie adjustment in software) or ???

I wish one could rent the BT-300 to try them out before committing. I know some stores let you return products within 30 days but I feel funny about deliberately taking advantage of that.

9B3DB6C0-04D6-4599-B5C9-2454DAB64CF9.png
Brilliant! Thanks Msinger!!!

Focus-Fixers work with the DJI Goggles. With the BT-300’s I have found that they work for me if I wear my prescription glasses under the BT-300’s. On the other hand, another option for the BT-300’s is show in the attachment that came out of the BT-300 manual.

I wish one could rent the BT-300 to try them out before committing.
Just curious -- how much would you pay to rent these glasses?

Reactions: ravedog
Could just get them from amazon or B&H and return them if they didn’t work out.

I bought them from B&H with the understanding that if I did not like them, I coud return them. The rest is history. I really like being to avoid shinny screens and the process of having to look down at the iPad/iPhone screen and then back up to see (and find) the drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik