DJI Goggles vs Epson Moverio BT-300?

When you first get the Moverio, I would try out several of the installed applications to get facility with the touch pad interface. In might take about 30 minutes of experiencial learning. Then you should be ready to fly with the DJI Go 4 or DJI Go application.

As you know, ALL of your flying with the control sticks can be done without the app. I use the app mostly as a monitor of status indicators and to see clearly the view of images or video I am taking. Occasionally, I make adjustments to the camera settings or other Phantom settings. These are easy once you have had the practice mentioned above.

Again, as indicated earlier, talk to B&H about their return policy if you are not satisfied with your purchase. You need to be the judge of just how the Moverio glasses meet your needs.

After updating the BT-300s last night I finally got a chance to take a 20 minute flight with them this morning. All I can say is my initial impression is that they kick ***. I can see the screen AND maintain VLOS easily. I just don't get how anyone cannot love these but I guess everyone is physically different *shrug*. As of right now I'm not seeing any major issues. I'm on R1 3.0 and I do see the map in the lower right and it looks as it does normally maybe that was fixed in the last rev or I'm not understanding the issue. The one thing I did notice is the BT-300 controller seems to charge off my P4P controller, I need to figure out how to stop it from doing that if possible as I don't want to drain the P4P controller unnecessarily. Very coool product!! I think my game will be raised substantially. more on them later.....

All I can say is my initial impression is that they kick ***. I can see the screen AND maintain VLOS easily.
So, the hype was real :D

Just curious -- which shades were you using and were you maintaining VLOS by looking through the screen, around the edges of the screen, or above/below the glasses?

Reactions: lone droner
So, the hype was real :D

Just curious -- which shades were you using and were you maintaining VLOS by looking through the screen, around the edges of the screen, or above/below the glasses?
I used the Rochester's and was able.to easily maintain VLOS looking above or below the glasses sometimes with a slight tilt of my head. Looking through the glasses is pretty much useless for VLOS as you have said but it's so easy to look above or below. Looking down at the DJI GO screen is so effortless and clear. It's a bit weird but as anything like this I suspect it will get better with time.

I used the Rochester's and was able.to easily maintain VLOS looking above or below the glasses sometimes with a slight tilt of my head. Looking through the glasses is pretty much useless for VLOS as you have said but it's so easy to look above or below. Looking down at the DJI GO screen is so effortless and clear. It's a bit weird but as anything like this I suspect it will get better with time.

When you say looking down at the dji go screen you mean through the lens or another device?

I used the Rochester's and was able.to easily maintain VLOS looking above or below the glasses sometimes with a slight tilt of my head. Looking through the glasses is pretty much useless for VLOS as you have said but it's so easy to look above or below.
Makes sense. This seems to be what most people are doing. I don't know why Epson advertises them like you can easily see the drone through the screen.

After updating the BT-300s last night I finally got a chance to take a 20 minute flight with them this morning. All I can say is my initial impression is that they kick ***. I can see the screen AND maintain VLOS easily. I just don't get how anyone cannot love these but I guess everyone is physically different *shrug*. As of right now I'm not seeing any major issues. I'm on R1 3.0 and I do see the map in the lower right and it looks as it does normally maybe that was fixed in the last rev or I'm not understanding the issue. The one thing I did notice is the BT-300 controller seems to charge off my P4P controller, I need to figure out how to stop it from doing that if possible as I don't want to drain the P4P controller unnecessarily. Very coool product!! I think my game will be raised substantially. more on them later.....

Are you getting the satellite view of Google? The view that shows trees, buildings, towers, etc. I find the road map view limited in terms of the information it provides for obstacle avoidance.

Are you getting the satellite view of Google? The view that shows trees, buildings, towers, etc. I find the road map view limited in terms of the information it provides for obstacle avoidance.
Ahhh, Ok I get it now. I was only viewing the road maps, seeing as how up to now I only fly with the drone in my line of sight (or at a safe altitude). I honestly never attempted to switch to sat view but I can definately understand the advantage.

Ahhh, Ok I get it now. I was only viewing the road maps, seeing as how up to now I only fly with the drone in my line of sight (or at a safe altitude). I honestly never attempted to switch to sat view but I can definately understand the advantage.

When you fly high, you CAN use roadmap views because you don't care where obstacles (trees, steeples, towers, buildings, etc.) are. It's specifically when you fly VLOS and at low altitudes that you need the satellite version of maps so that your can tell just how far away the obstacle and the drone are. I generally fly within 200 yards. After 50 yards, it is hard to distinguish relative distance of the drone vs. a clump of trees, a fence around a tennis court or similar obstacle. This is especially true when you are not using the FPV but using direct VLOS. For that reason, I am actively reminding EPSON that not having the ability to use Google Maps (satellite view) is an issue. When at altitudes above the tallest obstacles, for example 250', all you generally need is the trace of your flight to get a general reference where you are. Since I live in rural NH, there are fewer reference points to judge where the drone is. You really do need natural reference points that are displayed on a satellite view.

The glasses do not connect via HDMI. Here's the cable that's hard-wired to the glasses:

Epson.jpg

Russ43Phantom:
Is this what you want?
1928d058fffeafe2de91d6e947802302.jpg

Russ43Phantom:
Is this what you want?
1928d058fffeafe2de91d6e947802302.jpg

Yes. I have been given a work around which I will try after getting more familiar with standard issue software. How did you get this view? I continue to encourage EPSON to find a way to work with Google Maps.

I posted a link to a zip file with the instructions and programs needed several days ago… I believe it's post number 15 in this thread

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik