DJI GO

Just want to thank you guys who have the balls to jump right into to these updates and report back to wimps like me who tend to be skittish. Truly thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. I'll keep looking in.

So I'm currently updating and have read through all the posts, saw some people talking about updating the batteries. I just got off the phone with DJI tech support and they told me I don't have to update the battery. It clearly says on instructions that the battery will be updated with the aircraft. I have 3 battery's.... I'm so confused event after reading all the posts about it. If someone could help me out that would be great! Thanks.

So I'm currently updating and have read through all the posts, saw some people talking about updating the batteries. I just got off the phone with DJI tech support and they told me I don't have to update the battery. It clearly says on instructions that the battery will be updated with the aircraft. I have 3 battery's.... I'm so confused event after reading all the posts about it. If someone could help me out that would be great! Thanks.
After you update the bird put the next battery in and turn it on. Let the update process do it's thing to the battery. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Zigs
Pretty sure the reason is perhaps the assumption on DJI that you will use the same card and therefore update batts as you swap them? Not sure just a thought. Please correct if I am wrong. I would go with updating everything in one sitting so it's done. I format SD every time pre-flight as I save all footage and pics after each flight. If I'm wrong please correct me, but do so gently as I am very sensitive. Kind of like a petite flower.

Pretty sure the reason is perhaps the assumption on DJI that you will use the same card and therefore update batts as you swap them? Not sure just a thought. Please correct if I am wrong. I would go with updating everything in one sitting so it's done. I format SD every time pre-flight as I save all footage and pics after each flight. If I'm wrong please correct me, but do so gently as I am very sensitive. Kind of like a petite flower.
Spot on. I do all updates at once and clean the card. If you leave the .bin on the card as suggested it's one more step the craft has to do on startup to check if all versions match.

Reactions: AirApparent
Battery will update without the bin file. It appears to be on the craft after update. Mine anyhow.

Yes you need to update the batteries and yes they flash and then battery lights flash differently, update to the battery is much quicker, should get completion ok in the log file. I updated all 4 of my batteries, the aircraft and the controller and app.

Alan

Did all the updates last night (P3P) and took it for a flight this morning. Updates went w/o any trouble. Just took a little while to update my 2nd batt. RC updated fine. Re-calibrated the compass before flight, just to be safe, and flight seemed to be w/o any issues. Flew in all modes and everything was fine. Tested RTH and worked flawlessly. It seemed to me, and it may just be perception, to be a little more stable in initial hover. I always auto-takeoff, let it hover for a few seconds, ascend 15-20' hover for a few seconds more to let everything stabilize and then off I go! Overall, I'm pleased. Still hoping for POI & Waypoints! That may be futile.

Reactions: Bret Lucas
are you sure your firmware was updated? mine also only goes side to side.
Yes I am certain.. I updated 3 batteries straight after.

The .txt file on the SD card confirmed all was of and the DJI app reported all components up to date.

Can anyone else report if the power up calibration of the camera has changed with the new firmware??

DG

I've not yet updated to "DJI Go" on my iPad. Any reason I should not?

Frankly, I like (d) the DJI Pilot App. Also like(d) the name better. "Pilot" is more cool than "Go" ;)

I usually update quickly - but after the many issues with the update from 1.1.9 I held back a while. But it might be time to get updated :)

Flew for the first time yesterday with the new app and lost video feed for about 5 seconds. First time that ever happened. Also the first time I really took it out over water at any distance. Came right back and no other issues on 3 batts. For some reason though I just can't find gimbal calibration.

i've update the p3 new firmware 1.3.20. seems ok...my APP still pilot. i flown afew times like this and it went ok...but i notice the vps not working so well. it always drift to one side. ground is solid not carpet. ****...i thought 1.3.20 suppose to fix the vps? c'mon DJI....please settle this issue.

Just put in the other battery and switch on, took a couple of mins with mine
same here. just on the phantom and u can hear the updating sound. not sure what sound come from...after 20 minutes or so the sound stops....updating complete.

Installed new IOS app, and updated FW on the bird, the RC and all batteries.
Calibrated IMU and RC sticks as well as compass.

Did 2 runs (2 batteries) a few minutes ago. Everything looks perfect. Rock solid !

Well done DJI !
same here. except my APP is still dji pilot. fly the p3 all ok except flying low. VPS still struggling to maintain 1 spot. it always want to drift to the left(my case) have to counter more on right stick.
tried a few times and i gave up flying under buidling. with gps lock the p3 is rock solid. if without gps only vps and thats sucks....can't show off to my colleague. if gps on vps on at 1.5 meter still ok. if no gps i struggle to control.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20