DJI GO

That's it! Jpg only gives us 5&7 sec options. & works.
Power of the collective Mind.....

Reactions: MarkEngland
NOW- a question- who has done any real flight testing with DJI Go- on NO FW update?
And is there any advantage at all to using Go over Pilot until I do FW update?
Not planning to for a couple weeks.
Going to let you folks test that out for me.....[emoji57]

Downloaded and calibrated everything. Horizon is a lot more level and no issues with anything else. On a side note, I was under the impression that this app received a major overhaul with interface, layout etc. looks almost identical to the pilot app which isn't a bad thing but just thought there was more of a change. As long as it remains stable it's a win. No home lock or other modes which is a bit disappointing......

Reactions: Bret Lucas
Back to the Tx 300A/300B updates;

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

For GL300B, we can not do upgrade yet .
Its upgrade can only be done through pilot app but not through usb port.
Except that, they are nearly the same."

Back to the Tx 300A/300B updates;

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

For GL300B, we can not do upgrade yet .
Its upgrade can only be done through pilot app but not through usb port.
Except that, they are nearly the same."

I have GL300A and was prompted to update in DJI GO but it wouldn't let me update through the app. Though it did take the update via USB and the prompt is gone now. All normal.

But for the 300B you need to do it via the APP and, as such, that doesn't allow you to update it . . . yet.

Maybe it's just a particularly hot day here in Georgia, but even standing in the shade, the new app seemed to overheat my iPad Mini 2 much faster than the Pilot app used to.

But for the 300B you need to do it via the APP and, as such, that doesn't allow you to update it . . . yet.
My 300B upgraded this morning using the Pilot app. says 1.3.20. But the app still displays "Update Required"

My 300B upgraded this morning using the Pilot app. says 1.3.20. But the app still displays "Update Required"
I think what you are seeing in the app as 1.3.20 is the crafts firmware version but I could be wrong.

I think what you are seeing in the app as 1.3.20 is the crafts firmware version but I could be wrong.
All I can say is what the app downloaded was 1.3.20. When I hit the "Upgrade required" it shows downloaded version and RC version. Both the same?

During install the RC made it's beeping sounds and the light turned blue.

All I can say is what the app downloaded was 1.3.20. When I hit the "Upgrade required" it shows downloaded version and RC version. Both the same?

During install the RC made it's beeping sounds and the light turned blue.
Cool, maybe it's working now.

Reactions: evang
Maybe it's just a particularly hot day here in Georgia, but even standing in the shade, the new app seemed to overheat my iPad Mini 2 much faster than the Pilot app used to.

I too noticed my iPhone 6 was warmer than usual after my first flight with the recent update. And it isn't terribly hot today.

I too noticed my iPhone 6 was warmer than usual after my first flight with the recent update. And it isn't terribly hot today.
This is discouraging. Considering how well known the original app was for being overly resource intensive, I was hoping the new app version would be more optimized / streamlined.

I have two questions after looking through these posts.

1) My iOS upgraded the app automatically. I didn't intend on upgrading the firmware just yet. Any issues running old FW with new app?
2) From poking in the app, it looks like the Director piece has changed significantly. I use it b/c my home computer is so old that the video is very laggy. The videos imported from the old app but it seems that I can only use the 1st 10 seconds of each video... not cutting a perfect spot in the middle like previously. Anyone else notice changes with that?

Reactions: markarch
I have two questions after looking through these posts.

1) My iOS upgraded the app automatically. I didn't intend on upgrading the firmware just yet. Any issues running old FW with new app?
2) From poking in the app, it looks like the Director piece has changed significantly. I use it b/c my home computer is so old that the video is very laggy. The videos imported from the old app but it seems that I can only use the 1st 10 seconds of each video... not cutting a perfect spot in the middle like previously. Anyone else notice changes with that?

The same happened with my iPad. It has updated automatically to the Go-version.
I didn't upgrade the firmware. Still on 1.2.6

I flew a couple of minutes on a low altitude in my backyard.
Everything looks normal except for the warning that I have to upgrade the firmware.

Wow, I guess I dodged a bullet. Just yesterday I got to thinking that DJI might release an update to the app. I had iOS auto updates turned on so I went in and turned them off. Apparently just in the nick of time. I will update but want to do it on my own terms. Especially after reading about others experiences...

Wow, I guess I dodged a bullet. Just yesterday I got to thinking that DJI might release an update to the app. I had iOS auto updates turned on so I went in and turned them off. Apparently just in the nick of time. I will update but want to do it on my own terms. Especially after reading about others experiences...

Make sure you have background app refresh of all so, or it will recognise there are updates available in the background and then prompt you that everything needs updating in your aircraft status. I was smart enough a while back to turn off auto app update, but not smart enough to turn background app refresh off. :mad::mad:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20