DJI GO

I've noticed the gimbal calibration movement is now different and doesn't look down during calibration.

Also I've been having issues with trying to select the 5 & 7 sec intervals on the interval timer. It hasn't been working. Now that this new firmware is installed I've noticed the 5 & 7 secs are greyed out and not selectable.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438687858.077997.jpg

To update your 2nd and other batteries, just insert the battery and switch the craft on, with, of course, the updater file still on the SD card. The battery will update automatically. From what I could see, the two middle green lights on the battery flash during the update, and I think the little light just above the lens on the gimbal plate also goes red/green flashing at the same time. Once the battery lights become normal and the gimbal light goes solid green then the battery update is done. A minute or two is all.

For those that grabbed these "updates" and installed then right away... thank you for being the beta testers. Please keep us posted on how things work out.

I sit back and wonder of people think these "updates" are really going to change/add things to their flying experience. So far the biggest change I see is the name of the app. It's a good thing DJI made this change.... now they can start working on adding all the things that should be in the app and correcting all of the existing issues. Or perhaps they simply choose to change the name and give people the impression that this was a new app?

Me...? I'll stay with 1.9 and the original Pilot app until... oh, wait... I'm on Android.... so I'll wait until I have a choice and then wait to see how the "update" works.

So far I've not seen any good reason to update the original app.

Also I've been having issues with trying to select the 5 & 7 sec intervals on the interval timer. It hasn't been working. Now that this new firmware is installed I've noticed the 5 & 7 secs are greyed out and not selectable.

Just a thought. Perhaps, those intervals are only available if you save only JPG files? It might be that it sometimes takes more than seven seconds to write both Jpeg and RAW files to the SD card.

-- Roger

Just a thought. Perhaps, those intervals are only available if you save only JPG files? It might be that it sometimes takes more than seven seconds to write both Jpeg and RAW files to the SD card.

-- Roger

I think you may be correct. I'll do some testing tomorrow.

When you say you can update via the app- but it does via card- that means you updated by putting the ad card direct into P3 Gimble, leaving RC on & connected and the Update begins on its own??
Or do you still initiate the update on the app when the card is inserted into P3?

ALSO - as my iPhone updates Apps automatically, DJI Go is on there this morning. But I can't figure out how to USE it.
Luckily I'm using my new iPad Mini 3 for the drone- and its WiFi only. I turned off the Auto Updates.

On Pilot I can open the app & go through many of the settings without actually turning on the RC or P3. But on Go I can't figure out how to see anything other than the Store & on screen Tips about the new features.
CAN I view the actual working of the app without turning on everything?
And if I allow Pilot to get converted to Go on my iPad, will that kill my bird until the firmware is updated ?????
Got me worried.
How do you actually USE the new app??

ALSO - as my iPhone updates Apps automatically, DJI Go is on there this morning. But I can't figure out how to USE it.
Luckily I'm using my new iPad Mini 3 for the drone- and its WiFi only. I turned off the Auto Updates.

On Pilot I can open the app & go through many of the settings without actually turning on the RC or P3. But on Go I can't figure out how to see anything other than the Store & on screen Tips about the new features.
CAN I view the actual working of the app without turning on everything?
And if I allow Pilot to get converted to Go on my iPad, will that kill my bird until the firmware is updated ?????
Got me worried.
How do you actually USE the new app??
Just click the view in camera mode on the new DJI go app and it will bring you to the interface, regardless of whether your drone is connected or not.

How do I get to. Camera Mode? Seriously I've no clue at all how to use this new app.
Use small words, step by step....[start with Where do I go from here??
ATTACH=full]26524[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438695947.170528.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438695947.170528.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 306
I just finished testing this app in android version. There is some ongoing issues in android which must be why the android release is delayed. I would think it is not far behind.

I want to 1st say to all I hope we have learned our lesson here with updating firmware early. Most should now know to wait at least 10-14 days and see what type of things are taking place, if any.

Last edited:
Installed new IOS app, and updated FW on the bird, the RC and all batteries.
Calibrated IMU and RC sticks as well as compass.

Did 2 runs (2 batteries) a few minutes ago. Everything looks perfect. Rock solid !

Well done DJI !

Installed new IOS app, and updated FW on the bird, the RC and all batteries.
Calibrated IMU and RC sticks as well as compass.

Did 2 runs (2 batteries) a few minutes ago. Everything looks perfect. Rock solid !

Well done DJI !
Did you have a horizon issue like me with the previous version? If so, has it been fixed? I had to always set the gimbal at -1.2.

Reactions: Oso
This firmware was beta tested and previous releases were not, so I think this will at least work with less bugs..... hopefully.

Alan

Thanks I edited my post.

Well, I did finally turn on the controller & P3. Once I did that the View in camera mode appeared. I was able to check & modify all settings
Then did a quick flight straight up & around my house around 105' H
This is with my iPhone 6 - iOS 8.4

So far all good. This is using DJI Go without updating firmware.
So far so good.
Still keeping the iPad on DJI Pilot until I've tested more.
Still going to wait a bit before updating FW.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20