dji go problem

Reaction score
Just received my Phantom3 as a birthday gift and can't register it.

I've been in contact with customer support by phone today two different times trying to solve my problem and I can't seem to get anyone to understand my problem. I get through installing the dji go app all goes well set up an account and I can connect my aircraft to my phones wi fi then I proceed to the activation page and when I get through the processes of setting up the controls it asks me to connect to internet to complete the registration, when I click the register button it says internet connection required, I've tried all recommended solutions, such as going to a different connection, even a different email acc. all to no avail.

Please help me with this as of now all I have is an expensive paper weight.

I tried to email customer service and it wont go through. customer service said that the problem may be my phone not compatible its an LG g3. I can't really afford to buy a new phone.

I posted this on the Dji forum but only got one reply and that was not any help.

Reactions: jack james
I had a lot of problems when I first went to register my first phantom (PS3). It asked me to to register and activate my account bu my house wifi/internet was so crap, I hopped in my car and went for a drive until I was able to access my 3G mobile/cellular service. Fired up straight away and returned home and away I went. Your device doesn't appear in the recommended list of devices for the DJI GO app but that shouldn't stop you from at least activating your account.

I had a lot of problems when I first went to register my first phantom (PS3). It asked me to to register and activate my account bu my house wifi/internet was so crap, I hopped in my car and went for a drive until I was able to access my 3G mobile/cellular service. Fired up straight away and returned home and away I went. Your device doesn't appear in the recommended list of devices for the DJI GO app but that shouldn't stop you from at least activating your account.

I have good 4G service at my house. I kinda wondered if the phone would make that much difference just activating my account. Maybe with using the app to fly it would cause problems.
Thanks very much for your reply.

I have good 4G service at my house. I kinda wondered if the phone would make that much difference just activating my account. Maybe with using the app to fly it would cause problems.
Thanks very much for your reply.
Nah, once you've fully activated your account with your username/password on either your tablet or phone device and you are logged in. Good to go. Just not sure with your particular device when connecting to the app and you are powered up. When you have finished the activation part and you have set up your account, turn on the AC and RC, switch the device into airplane mode, go into your wifi list and you should see the phantom's 12341234 own generated wifi. Click that, open the app and hopefully you are connected. You can actually fly the PS3 without an app once you've activate the account, you just don't have any vision or telemetry to use via the app.

@weldor,
Welcome to the Forum!

You are actually disconnecting from the Phantoms WiFi and connecting to your home WiFi to do the registration?

You cannot register your Phantom wile you mobile device is connected to it.

Rod

@weldor,
Welcome to the Forum!

You are actually disconnecting from the Phantoms WiFi and connecting to your home WiFi to do the registration?

You cann
@weldor,
Welcome to the Forum!

You cannot register your Phantom wile you mobile device is connected to it.

Rod

Yes I go to settings on my phone and disconnect the Phantom and connect my phone back up to my home wi fi still no go, even tried using 4G on the phone after disconnecting my home wi fi still no go.

Thanks

If anyone else has any ideas I'm still unable to register.
Thanks to all that have helped so far.

Yeah, your going to have to try another mobile device, there was a thread a few weeks ago, I gave up for now, I can't find it.
That guy never got his to register, I think he returned it, I don't think he tried another device, I wish I could find it.

Rod

I'll see what I can do this weekend about borrowing a phone somewhere.
Thanks for the help.

Boy! If it's not one thing its it's something else. Thought I would go into the app again and try it again, now it says I have to upgrade the firmware and after watching the tutorial and viewing the comments it looks like this might open up another can of worms.

Not sure what i'm going to do now.

Skip the firmware upgrade for now, just ignore it.
We are assuming you have a P3S, I don't see where you stated what you have.

Rod

THANK YOU.... I contacted my son and he said he left one of his old phones in some things in the garage. Found it it's a Samsung S5, after charging the battery up went to airplane mode, downloaded the app went through the log in procedure and it registered perfectly. Thanks again.

Now all I have to do is wait for the weather to improve to try it out.

Should I worry about the firmware upgrade? I've read a lot of bad things about it.

Reactions: RodPad
THANK YOU.... I contacted my son and he said he left one of his old phones in some things in the garage. Found it it's a Samsung S5, after charging the battery up went to airplane mode, downloaded the app went through the log in procedure and it registered perfectly. Thanks again.

Now all I have to do is wait for the weather to improve to try it out.

Should I worry about the firmware upgrade? I've read a lot of bad things about it.
Relief at last! Personally I would learn to fly it first before updating any FW. You will least have a basic understanding of how the package behaves before going through the next set of hoops. Turn off auto updates on your device so that you don't drop into panic mode one morning and have to work through the update process, it's not difficult but one migraine at a time....

Thanks, that's what I'll do, I always keep auto updates turned off in my apps. Is there another place I need to turn it off in the Dji go app itself ?
Roger on the one migraine st a time.

Thanks, that's what I'll do, I always keep auto updates turned off in my apps. Is there another place I need to turn it off in the Dji go app itself ?
Roger on the one migraine st a time.
No, when you get the FW update appear in the app, just ignore it and fly normally. When you get comfortable, maybe have a crack at it. I'm not sure if PS3 updates include all the new geofencing limitations, they do with the later models and many people are cursing having updated either the app or FW. Fly it like you stole it and you'll be fine.

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg
P3S => Fly-it or Fryware-it (Rod)

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing