DJI Go Crash

Reaction score
Wondering if someone could confirm the following

- if the app crashes and the aircraft is out of controller range, will the unit still RTH?
- If the app crashes and for what ever reason it will not re-load will the aircraft still RTH?
- if the app crashes does the RTH button on the controller still work?

Just had the app crash today and was still able to control as the drone was still in sight but was wondering what are the options when the drone is out of sight...

Cheers

I've never had an app crash on me but from my experience as long as you have a green light on your controller, you can control the RTH. If your light on the controller goes red, RTH will kick in after a couple of seconds. Happened to me a couple of days ago and sure enough it came home. Nervous wait as you can't see anything in the app but I knew my settings were good and I had to be patient.

if the app crashes and the aircraft is out of controller range, will the unit still RTH?
RTH will be auto initiated 3 seconds after the remote controller signal is lost.

If the app crashes and for what ever reason it will not re-load will the aircraft still RTH?
If the app crashes, you'll still be able to fly the Phantom since the remote controller will still be connected to the Phantom. The app is not needed to fly the Phantom since it's only controlled by the remote controller.

if the app crashes does the RTH button on the controller still work?
Yes -- as long as the remote controller is connected to the Phantom.

Reactions: Quag79
Can you explain crash? You are not hooked up to any internet when you are flying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I got a black screen with "DJI go has stopped working" or something similar.

I was just worried if this happened if i was out of range...would RTH still initiate and if i fired the app back up would it connect to the drone if still out of range

If you are out of range for more than three seconds RTH will be activated even if the app crashed. It will also activate if you turn of the controller. If you can't get the app back off turn the controller off as last resort and it will RTH

would RTH still initiate and if i fired the app back up would it connect to the drone if still out of range
RTH will only auto initiate if the remote controller signal is lost for 3 seconds. If the remote controller is still connected, you'll still be able to control the Phantom -- even though you cannot see the real-time video in DJI GO.

When the app is fired back up, it'll connect to the Phantom if it's within range or when the Phantom comes back into range.

When the app is fired back up, it'll connect to the Phantom if it's within range or when the Phantom comes back into range.
There is a thing with this - and should be called at laud here:
When the app connects back, it will set the home point on the location your Phantom is at the moment!.
Always remember that.

When the app connects back, it will set the home point on the location your Phantom is at the moment!
That should never happen.

Maybe it should not, when the app crashed with me a few times. I came back to the range and connected back.
Take a look at my logs here:

There is one flight:
First part:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Then app crashed
I restarted the app and here is the log from second part:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Here is another flight pair:
1: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
crash and
2: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
And this is more dangerous since the home position was set in the river ;)

Both flights I was able to fly back to me and land normally.
Also I learned I can set home during flight to my phones GPS - and this will be my recovery.

However I'd like my app to not crash

Here is a few things you should do: In your phone or tablet settings, Uninstall all apps you don't need, disable all automatic notification for all apps, if you are using chrome make sure all the auto stuff in it is disable because chrome is a big big user of resources. disable google play auto update, after you have cashed your maps in GO turn off wifi and blue tooth and set on airplane mode. This will free maga resouces and help your phone to run GO. GO 4 and 4.1 use up lots of processes, my samsung tab4 can not run these firmwares. You can also disable cash video in GO settings, as this records low res video in your phone, your videos will only be on the card in your craft. This will help, have fun!

Will try to disable cache video. This seems like a viable option here.

And I do not like putting device into flight/airplane mode - this way I see the map details (internet connection).

Today the weather here was a hell. Will try to fly tomorrow. Since the app crashed almost every time - I'm sure I'll notice the difference.

Thanks guys!

Hi Erised
It's not just good enough to put the phone or tablet on flight mode?

Yes flight mode should work to shut them all down, I don't know if it keeps them loaded and paused so I just turn them off. I use a tablet and wifi is the first on my pull down list, I never use bluetooth, I just mentioned it in case he's using it.

Reactions: Saeed Sadeqin

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31