DJI GO app for Android compatibility with Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Reaction score
Now that the new app is available for Android, what is the status of video lag time & overheating with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S? Improved? The same? God forbid, WORSE?

Anybody performed a long duration flight yet to evaluate?

Thank you.

I believe it was released about an hour ago. It's probably too early to tell :)

Reactions: AlmostTan
Needs more time for testing to get reports back.

'Bugs Fixes' (sic) - you'll just have to "try it and see" if it works for you.

I have the same tablet...not holding my breath for better performance, but they might surprise me.

Reactions: n6vmo
Don't know if you guys with the Tab S realize this, if you disable automatic updates in playstore and rollback Google Play Services (by hitting uninstall in app manager) till the option is no longer there, the performance you expect to see will be back aka no lag. Haven't tried the Go app yet, in the middle of moving this week so I'll be late to the "party" :)

okay, i tried that but there are some steps I miss. Could you give me a detailed step by step procedure? Are there any youtube movies on it?
Explain it to me like I`m a four year old;)

I have installed the new DJI GO app without difficulty. Firmware update on P3A, battery, and remote completed.

Next...with trepidation and wonder...an actual flight!!!

I'm hearing of potential app crashes out there. How's it going for those using Samsung devices?

Also, what is the status of video lag?

I'll post my experience, but likely won't be able to fly until tomorrow evening. [emoji17]

I loaded it this morning on my Tab S and Asus Zentab.

I tried it with Play Services enabled. The lag is still present in my two test flights. It appears improved but but after about 6500' feet of flight it started frame rating pretty bad and did so until I landed. Still not usable.

I am not going to rollback play services anymore as the Asus is working. The rollback was only a partial fix for me as the lag was still terrible.

On my Nexus 9 rolling back Google Play Services worked perfectly. On my Samsung I haven't rolled back and the lag is crappy. You should see how smooth it is on the Nexus though, including while running a screen recorder.

Can anyone send me a link to this playstore thing settings etc etc so I can try one more time. I tried to do it, but had major problems with otherthings like applications and settings. I`m currently using my dads ipad and that works extremely good! Does anybody know if there is a "warning" for over exsposure in the new app as it is in the IOs versions?

I use Tab S for my P3p. I haven't installed any single update neither to the tablet nor the P3, no google play account nor services here. All works well, so I'm not gonna change anything. Ony the Director often crashes but it means nothing.

I just returned from a test flight with my P3P with the DJI Go App on my Samsung Galaxy Tab s (10.5") and everything worked perfectly. No lag, great look to it, and easy to use UI. A part of me kinda wishes I had something negative to say about it, but I don't. Good job DJI.

Do you still need to disable google play services to avoid lag/performance issues?

I just returned from a test flight with my P3P with the DJI Go App on my Samsung Galaxy Tab s (10.5") and everything worked perfectly. No lag, great look to it, and easy to use UI. A part of me kinda wishes I had something negative to say about it, but I don't. Good job DJI.

That's really good to hear. Makes me hopeful for my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 also.

Do you have Google Play Services rolled back, or is it a standard set up?

That's great information. I'm having difficulty removing many of the Samsung apps. I can uninstall the updates, but not many of the apps themselves.

Did you root your tablet, or how were you able to remove so much of this crappy bloatware?

Thank you for helping me.

okay, i tried that but there are some steps I miss. Could you give me a detailed step by step procedure? Are there any youtube movies on it?
Explain it to me like I`m a four year old;)

1. 'Play Store' app > Settings > Auto-update apps > "Do not..." to turn off automatic updating

2. 'Settings' app> Security > Device Administrators" and uncheck/deactivate "Android Device Manager" as a device administrator

3. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL (scroll right if needed to see this option) > Google Play Services > Disable (or Uninstall)... then choose to uninstall any updates from the stock version when prompted.

4. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL > Google Play Services > Enable ....this will enable the older stock version of google play services

Ignore future upgrade requests for Google Maps etc as that will upgrade Google Play Services also. (until there is a proper fix from DJI)

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=16777&page=17#pid151670

Read through page 16/17/18 of this thread for more background on this possible workaround.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31