DJI Go app crashes and will not re-launch...... solution!

Sorry if I'm coming across brash, this issue really has me pissed off. Earlier in a post, you stated that you were not on IOS 9 and 2.4, so can you confirm whether or not you're running IOS 9 and 2.4, because that makes all of the difference in the world? And yes, I have tried everything you have suggested and more.
I have stated many times I am running iOS 9.1 (latest) and GO app 2.4 as well as latest FW from DJI with no trouble. There was one post that was easy to misinterpret, because I missed a comma. I apologized for that. But if you review my posts you will see I have even posted flight log from a test flight with all the latest updates and it scores 100 in HealtyDrones log interpretation for signal integrity. We are both posting in a couple threads.

I agree that something is up. For some and I am one of them it works perfectly for others not. There are several 5 stars and 1 stars in the ratings. Now I do believe that is far more common for someone who is having trouble to post bad review, than someone who is just out flying. I do the same thing, if I have a problem I post right away. But if I am not I rarely do, other than if I see some posts stating something is not working for any one at all and it works for me. Mostly because I want to help solve the problem.

I am sure DJI is looking into why some are having problems. And I also bet they use the latest versions of tablets and they are "clean", just running their app. Until we find out what is causing these problems, giving DJI and these boards as much info as possible about installs that don't work and installs that do will help. So please help out by reporting exactly hardware and software as well as install of iOS history to DJI support.

So if your numbers are correct, then it would be safe to say that Almost 5,000 people have downloaded 2.4 since it's only been out 5 or 6 days. 5,000 is higher than I would have guessed but we'll go with it. Out of the 5,000 only 20 something people have written reviews, which makes the 5,000 number look a little off, but we can still go with it. Out of the 25 reviews, you can currently only view 15 of them. All of the reviews are 1 star, except 2 people that gave it 5 stars, and one of those two people is Olof (because he said he would rate it) and I would assume the other is you, or one of the DJI GO app developers. The point is, the reviews prove that 9 out of 10 people that have installed 2.4 are having issues and think it's buggy and causing their problems. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to prove a point by stating the facts.

So if your numbers are correct, then it would be safe to say that Almost 5,000 people have downloaded 2.4 since it's only been out 5 or 6 days. 5,000 is higher than I would have guessed but we'll go with it. Out of the 5,000 only 20 something people have written reviews, which makes the 5,000 number look a little off, but we can still go with it. Out of the 25 reviews, you can currently only view 15 of them. All of the reviews are 1 star, except 2 people that gave it 5 stars, and one of those two people is Olof (because he said he would rate it) and I would assume the other is you, or one of the DJI GO app developers. The point is, the reviews prove that 9 out of 10 people that have installed 2.4 are having issues and think it's buggy and causing their problems. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to prove a point by stating the facts.
The other way to look at it is only 20 people are having problems bad enough to go back to the AppStore and write warnings or bad reviews. And even if it is out of 5000, that is a small number, there may be even more DLs as a lot of users update when the tablet tells them to and when the DJI screen tells them to. I bet the number is much higher than 5000.

Also bear in mind very few of the users actually come to this board, or any board. They just go fly.

The other way to look at it is only 20 people are having problems bad enough to go back to the AppStore and write warnings or bad reviews. And even if it is out of 5000, that is a small number, there may be even more DLs as a lot of users update when the tablet tells them to and when the DJI screen tells them to. I bet the number is much higher than 5000.

Also bear in mind very few of the users actually come to this board, or any board. They just go fly.
I'm sorry but I don't understand your logic Olof? You're implying that the only people that review apps are the ones that have problems with the apps? If that's what you're going to go with, then please explain how tens of thousands of apps have 5 star reviews?

I have stated many times I am running iOS 9.1 (latest) and GO app 2.4 as well as latest FW from DJI with no trouble. There was one post that was easy to misinterpret, because I missed a comma. I apologized for that. But if you review my posts you will see I have even posted flight log from a test flight with all the latest updates and it scores 100 in HealtyDrones log interpretation for signal integrity. We are both posting in a couple threads.

I agree that something is up. For some and I am one of them it works perfectly for others not. There are several 5 stars and 1 stars in the ratings. Now I do believe that is far more common for someone who is having trouble to post bad review, than someone who is just out flying. I do the same thing, if I have a problem I post right away. But if I am not I rarely do, other than if I see some posts stating something is not working for any one at all and it works for me. Mostly because I want to help solve the problem.

I am sure DJI is looking into why some are having problems. And I also bet they use the latest versions of tablets and they are "clean", just running their app. Until we find out what is causing these problems, giving DJI and these boards as much info as possible about installs that don't work and installs that do will help. So please help out by reporting exactly hardware and software as well as install of iOS history to DJI support.
That's just the problem, I can't even get through to DJI support. I've been on hold three different times on three different days now for over an hour each time and still have not gotten through to a tech. However, I understand this is common with DJI.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your logic Olof? You're implying that the only people that review apps are the ones that have problems with the apps? If that's what you're going to go with, then please explain how tens of thousands of apps have 5 star reviews?
I am saying that I don't think you can come to the conclusion the over 90% of users are having problems from the data we have.

And I do believe with a new version of an app that the people who rush right back and write a review are the ones who are having problems. Lets see how this shakes out in a couple weeks or months even. I see this a lot with other apps as well.

Are you in contact with DJI to figure out what is going on?
If so what are they saying?
Are you back to flying yet?
Did you manage to go back to 2.3 or earlier?

I think some info about what may be the problem would be more constructive than this back and forth we have been having.

Fly safe and have fun...

That's just the problem, I can't even get through to DJI support. I've been on hold three different times on three different days now for over an hour each time and still have not gotten through to a tech. However, I understand this is common with DJI.
Have you tried this link?

Send a Report | DJI

It may take a while but they will respond and assign a case # you can check on.
I find often this is the best route to take with manufacturers have busy phone lines.

I've wasted an hour thinking of all the variables that might affect whether a user has a working system or not. Here are a few:

Device used - iPhone xxx, iPad xxx, Android xxx etc.
Device operating system level (iOS, Android, etc.)
Memory on device
Aircraft firmware level
Battery firmware level
RC firmware level
Sequence of upgrading operating system, firmware, GO app.
Airplane mode on or off
Other apps closed or not
RC version 300A or 300B
RC to device cable quality
SD card quality and formatting
Number of re-install attempts
device re-booted between installation attempts or not.
Video cache recording or not
Video cache cleared or not
Hardware decode on/off
Temperature
Possible interference from cell towers, etc.
Phase of the moon

I've seen posts that you must upgrade the RC firmware with GO 2.3.0, before upgrading GO to 2.4.0. And I've seen exactly the opposite posted.

Reactions: olof Ekbergh
Ive told you the current dload approximations. The math is as follows for the current iTunes Market to determine DAILY dloads.

number of iPad downloads = 13,516 * rank-(0.903)
number of iPhone downloads = 52,958 * rank-(0.944)
Those are negative exponents BTW... no way to do superscript on this forum.

I've wasted an hour thinking of all the variables that might affect whether a user has a working system or not. Here are a few:

Device used - iPhone xxx, iPad xxx, Android xxx etc.
Device operating system level (iOS, Android, etc.)
Memory on device
Aircraft firmware level
Battery firmware level
RC firmware level
Sequence of upgrading operating system, firmware, GO app.
Airplane mode on or off
Other apps closed or not
RC version 300A or 300B
RC to device cable quality
SD card quality and formatting
Number of re-install attempts
device re-booted between installation attempts or not.
Video cache recording or not
Video cache cleared or not
Hardware decode on/off
Temperature
Possible interference from cell towers, etc.
Phase of the moon

I've seen posts that you must upgrade the RC firmware with GO 2.3.0, before upgrading GO to 2.4.0. And I've seen exactly the opposite posted.
Agreed it could be anything. I also had no video feed after installing 2.4 but thought about it some, and did a low level format of the SD card which solved it for me. (Didn't just use another card, did a format with 4096 bytes allocation, and old usb 2.0 ports to slow it down) also un-checked the quick format button.. Video was back again and has been ever since

Here's what happened to my video after DJI GO 2.4 update. iPad mini 2 cellular 9.1 was working fine before 2.4. It's only the display, cashe and recorded video are fine. Doesn't happen on my Samsung Tab 4 but the video is very choppy.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445978360.821233.jpg

The zebra lines indicate an over exposure. You can turn that off in the camera settings if you don't like it. Try reducing the video feed range down to 4 and see if that helps

Here's what happened to my video after DJI GO 2.4 update. iPad mini 2 cellular 9.1 was working fine before 2.4. It's only the display, cashe and recorded video are fine. Doesn't happen on my Samsung Tab 4 but the video is very choppy.View attachment 34356
What is wrong with that video?

Are you referring to the zebra stripes?
If you are those are turned on and off in settings, I think it is called over exposure indication or something like that. It indicates blown out pixels, that is brighter than can be recorded. Turn down ISO or increase shutter speed, but the best solution is to add a ND filter to correct exposure.

Or am I missing something in your post?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj