DJI GO android update 2.8.1

saw that update on my android too but scared to go ahead update it.. since Im seeing new reviews for today has some bad and some good.... Anyone else went ahead to update, any problem? my phone is SG Grand Prime (android).

Didn't notice any difference, I only upgraded by mistake because I accidentally uninstalled the app by mistake, didn't even realise there was a newer version, what's meant to be the issue this time?

Is 2.7k video option still there ?

They forgot that on iOS but did put it back after a few days.

I just updated and I don't see the name change option on my Android. I do now have it on my iPad mini.
Thanks for checking!

I've yet to receive any update notification on my phone. Is there a manual way to update to the latest version. I have a galaxy s4

Thanks for checking!
no problem, the Android is 2.8.1. Looks like latest iOS is 2.8.2 (2559), so they are still a minor version apart. Maybe name change is still coming when 2.8.2 for Android comes out.

edit: its still buggy I think. I changed my name on my ipad, but it does not show on the Android. when i upload flight logs from android, its the old name still, but from ipad its the new name. it does not allow the additional drones showing up to be cleaned up either, they are stuck in there.

I've yet to receive any update notification on my phone. Is there a manual way to update to the latest version. I have a galaxy s4
Download DJI GO 2.8.1 APK | APKPure.com
that should allow you to download the apk. You need to have the allow 3rd party sources option enabled in settings i think.

Last edited:
Come to think of it and reading the posts on video drop outs from the latest 2.8.2 IOS update I did get a video drop out at a distance I usually sail past so I'm wondering if 2.8.1 for android is effectively the same as 2.8.2 IOS with video issues?

I use my Kindle Fie HDX and it automatically downloaded the 2.8.1 a few days ago and it seems to work fine. I'm a newbie with the P3 and have only flown it 3 times in beginner mode so far. The Kindle works great except no maps. Not a big deal for me as I'm ALWAYS going to be in visual range.

I have disabled auto updates on my android tablet.....I don't feel like being a tester for DJI :)

Anyway I use Litchi most times....but I think it does use some of DJI code so I will not rush to update.

I tried 2.8.1 and 32-channel hack was not working
I went back to 2.6.0 and it's working again. is it working for anybody in 2.8.1?

Yes, its working on my Nexus 7 with 2.8.1. Did you try re-copying the file over? it needs to go in the 'Android\data\dji.pilot\files' folder. I just did it on my S6 phone with 2.8.1 installed and it took the 32 channel hack / config file fine. I had to kill the app and re-launch it, but otherwise worked fine.

Last edited:
yes
hm, then it's strange

I'm also looking at a phone without Phantom connected, i can see the channels, but cannot pick any channels .. says "channel 17 set fail" (probably cause its not connected to RC/phantom). I will check more out this afternoon when i get home from work.

yes
hm, then it's strange
So i checked once i got home with the Phantom connected. I tried on both my S6 android phone and my nexus 7 tablet. Both have the file in place and, according to the app the extra channels are showing.

W228Gro.jpg

What was interesting though, is that i had it on custom before the update. I think 2.8.1 update changed that setting back to auto. I also notice that when auto is selected, the additional channels are not available, as seen here:

QASadT2.jpg

I don't know if this was the behavior before or not .. I don't have 2.8.0 to test with, can you check this? it seems that auto is only using the default channels, whereas I recall auto would pick any of the 32 channels prior.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.