DJI GO 4.0.4 Android (Phantom 4 Pro)

Reaction score
I just wondered please if any users had yet had experiences of the Go app crashing on them mid flight? If it has, what was your experience, did you lose control (of the aircraft), what were the consequences (if any at all), and what did you do to overcome the crashes (of the software, that is). And if you have had a crash, any opinions/ thoughts as to why or have any of you communicated with DJI about these experiences? I have had two crashes: once whilst I was doing a POI circling of a windmill, and a second time whilst I was flying quite close to wind turbines. Fortunately, with the windmill, the drone carried on circling until I could re-establish connection and abort (the video came out all weird too with a lot of artifacting intermittently), and the second time I rapidly reset the controller and rebooted the software to re-establish connection. Neither time did RTH trigger, interestingly.

I just wondered please if any users had yet had experiences of the Go app crashing on them mid flight? If it has, what was your experience, did you lose control (of the aircraft), what were the consequences (if any at all), and what did you do to overcome the crashes (of the software, that is). And if you have had a crash, any opinions/ thoughts as to why or have any of you communicated with DJI about these experiences? I have had two crashes: once whilst I was doing a POI circling of a windmill, and a second time whilst I was flying quite close to wind turbines. Fortunately, with the windmill, the drone carried on circling until I could re-establish connection and abort (the video came out all weird too with a lot of artifacting intermittently), and the second time I rapidly reset the controller and rebooted the software to re-establish connection. Neither time did RTH trigger, interestingly.
Hi only once after a update was about 700+ft look at tablet to see where i was and screen was frozen,,had to restart app mid flight but was already in rth,regained control no crashin invoved,,pretty scarey anyway:eek:

Reactions: Nowelly
I have had several unexplained app crashes with my Nvidia K1 tablet. Never lost control; all I had to do was relaunch app and it reconnected. RTH didn't trigger because the RC still had radio link with the P4P. I hear this is an issue with the K1; haven't reached to DJI yet.

My app is DJIgo4 v 4.0.4

did you lose control (of the aircraft)
If DJI GO crashes and/or your mobile device shuts down, you'll still be able to continue flying with the remote controller. As long as you know how to use the remote controller and can see your Phantom, you should be able to easily recover it.

Hi only once after a update was about 700+ft look at tablet to see where i was and screen was frozen,,had to restart app mid flight but was already in rth,regained control no crashin invoved,,pretty scarey anyway:eek:
Definitely ... I was thinking: "oh ****, that's my drone destroyed if I cannot sort this little mess out fast! I was also worried in case anyone might be directly below (I was on a national park trail at the time)

If DJI GO crashes and/or your mobile device shuts down, you'll still be able to continue flying with the remote controller. As long as you know how to use the remote controller and can see your Phantom, you should be able to easily recover it.

But what if the flight was an automated flight, like a point of interest? I was trying to control the aircraft with the controller and it wouldn't respond. Is there a way to abort an automated flight on the controller away from the app software (like a button on the controller that acts as a "stop" function?)

Is there a way to abort an automated flight on the controller away from the app software (like a button on the controller that acts as a "stop" function?)
Toggle in and out of Sport Mode to cancel the automated flight mode.

I have had several unexplained app crashes with my Nvidia K1 tablet. Never lost control; all I had to do was relaunch app and it reconnected. RTH didn't trigger because the RC still had radio link with the P4P. I hear this is an issue with the K1; haven't reached to DJI yet.

Have you ever seen the Dutch guy on youtube "nevermindyourown"? Well worth watching (!) he uses that tablet (just recently switched from Samsungs). Thanks for sharing that: I use a Sony Xperia Z5 phone rather than a tablet personally, but I do gather that Android is more prone to issues than iOS, or am I wrong in that?

Definitely ... I was thinking: "oh ****, that's my drone destroyed if I cannot sort this little mess out fast! I was also worried in case anyone might be directly below (I was on a national park trail at the time)
But what if the flight was an automated flight, like a point of interest? I was trying to control the aircraft with the controller and it wouldn't respond. Is there a way to abort an automated flight on the controller away from the app software (like a button on the controller that acts as a "stop" function?)
Thanks for interestin topic ,,its just gone midnite,,gota go dream about flyin:)

I currently have a Google Pixel XL and the app crashed at least 3-4 times per flight . You restart the app and it connects pretty quick . Which is why I'm going iOS device strictly for P4P in week

Exactly the same for me! I contacted DJI support sending them the logcat with the crash data from my Shield K1 to help their investigations. The reply from support has been the following:

"My apologies on the inconvenience of the DJI Go app 4 that keeps crashing on your device. As of this moment our engineers are currently reviewing that concern about android nougat. In the meantime please revert back to marshmallow to avoid your app to crash."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic