DJI future for Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hey all!
So we all know that DJI don't advertise the Phantom 2 much anymore (obviously) and they even hid it from their website around Christmas time so people would buy Phantom 3s. But what scares me is - when will they stop making batteries? I don't need another battery yet, but may do in 3, 6, 12, 24 months... Will I be forced to go third party aftermarket? Or will DJI continue to manufacture Phantom 2 batteries... but for how much longer?
Thanks!
Baldrick

Phantom 2.jpg
The DJI website says the Phantom 2 is no longer being produced, I assume that means batteries as well. Don't invest any more time or money into a Phantom 2, DJI is not so neither should you.
Edit: It says the P2V+ is no longer being produced and you cannot even buy it from their website but they do still have the Phantom 2 available, maybe until stock runs out? Either way I would be saving for a P3 or even the P4 if the rumors are true.

Last edited:
Um well a bit late for that isn't it! I DID buy the phantom 2 and I won't upgrade until mine breaks or I get a lot of money or mine becomes totally outdated. So I have got to continue getting batteries until it's done. My drone isn't like the phantom 3 - it's for my GoPro, as a tool for filmmaking. So as long as I GoPro I will need the phantom....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm sure the DJI marketeers will continue to recommend to produce the batts. until some (declining) sales level is reached.

These are likely produced/manufactured by a 3rd party vendor so it's no real work for DJI other than supply chain management.

Also I already invested the money so i am so going to get my money's worth by flying it. Why not invest time when my drone is better than the phantom 3s. (except for their sonar bouncing!)

Also I already invested the money so i am so going to get my money's worth by flying it. Why not invest time when my drone is better than the phantom 3s. (except for their sonar bouncing!)

And also it says vision+. Which is good, because like I said the phantom 2 is the only recent drone that flies the GoPro - a massive sales point

I'm sure the DJI marketeers will continue to recommend to produce the batts. until some (declining) sales level is reached.

These are likely produced/manufactured by a 3rd party vendor so it's no real work for DJI other than supply chain management.
You have a good point. I just saw that they are still selling phantom fc40 batteries so that is a hope!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers