DJI fly app download onto a tablet for the mavic air 2

Reaction score
I got tired of fooling with the on and off function of the camera on my phantom 2 vision so I bought a mavic air 2. With the phantom, I had an ipad as my video interface so I bought an android tablet for the mavic. The dji fly app downloads but will not install. Has anyone else tried to load the app to a tablet? I went through the list of compatible android devices and they are all phones. Is there a tablet out there that will work?
Thanks.
Barry

I got tired of fooling with the on and off function of the camera on my phantom 2 vision so I bought a mavic air 2. With the phantom, I had an ipad as my video interface so I bought an android tablet for the mavic. The dji fly app downloads but will not install. Has anyone else tried to load the app to a tablet? I went through the list of compatible android devices and they are all phones. Is there a tablet out there that will work?
What tablet did you buy?
There are lots of good tablets and DJI's listing is not very helpful.
For the Fly app, the important thing is that the phone or tablet must be a 64 bit device.
Here's a better listing: Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help
For DJI Fly ... you need to look at the devices in blue - the column on the right.

Meta4,
Thanks for the information and reply. I bought an off brand, (cheap). I ordered one that was on the list you provided. My grandson will like the new tablet he's getting for his birthday. The new tab;et will be here Monday so I'm good to go. Thanks again for the info. Barry

Thanks.
Barry
I have the same issue. I can download it on to Samsung Tab A. The APK won't install.

DJI claims the iPad mini 4 is compatible with FLY but it’s not, ever since the first update. It’s a power hungry app so check with others before buying a tablet. CPU overload is a common problem. Had to buy a mini 5 to use FLY with my Air2.

Reactions: ron-ep
Yip DJIFLY app nothing really special without anything in app that's special considering it takes decent device to run as I found out also,cant handle little phone screens either so once my mini mavic was activated I've gone back to my faithful Samsung 10/1 tablet and litchi ,,

I have the same issue. I can download it on to Samsung Tab A. The APK won't install.
Yes, I have the same problem it takes forever to and and lot of battery time to get my android tab to connect to the camera.. as much as I like the dji products( Phontom 4v2 and mavic air 2 I tend to fly my Yuneec Typhoon H plus most f the time. Wish I had bought it first before fooling with DJI. Very frustating equipment . When the Phantom works it is great but it is a whole long procedure to get it to connect and get in the air. I think DJI is going up for sale soon and I am going to Autel or another Yuneec Drone... they work every time.

Yes, I have the same problem it takes forever to and and lot of battery time to get my android tab to connect to the camera.. as much as I like the dji products( Phontom 4v2 and mavic air 2 I tend to fly my Yuneec Typhoon H plus most f the time. Wish I had bought it first before fooling with DJI. Very frustating equipment . When the Phantom works it is great but it is a whole long procedure to get it to connect and get in the air. I think DJI is going up for sale soon and I am going to Autel or another Yuneec Drone... they work every time.
Take props off and put in fridge for a good 30min to cool the whole thing down,,then do IMU calibration, this should make it start up without long warm up time ,,very serious and this does help some phantoms, it's been tryed over the years by various flyers and just might help yours,while not proven to work,cooling down cold seems to do something to the IMU that when in normal air temperatures you are ready to fly faster,,try it

This is for your phantom, not yet heard of it fixing any mavics but hey never know

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31