DJI Christmas Email sortof bothered me.

So, it doesn't 'sortof' bother you, it actually actively bothers you

this reminds me a little of the GS guys that lose their mind because the fuel gauge on their bikes doesn't always go all the way up to the top
"GS"???

BMW GS? Arguably one of the greatest motorcycle ever made?

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: daytona125
I was driving through NC once, many years ago, during the season. Passed a trailer on the side of the road that had a white bed sheet hanging in the window that someone had scribbled "Jesus is the reason for the season". As I went passed I noticed on the other side another bed sheet that said "Merry Xmas"

I got a bit of a chuckle.

My day job used to revolve around repairing Japanese and Chinese technology. If you have ever worked with one of their technical manuals (translated to English), you are amazed when they actually get it close to correct. I am impressed that they even bothered...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I mean I understand that most dji employees are probably Buddhist or atheist which is fine. But if you are going to be sending out a Merry Christmas card have the good taste to spell out Merry Christmas not use the dang X. They spelled it that way 4 times for the email. Then the greeting was weird again or at least it was to me..."Dear Creator" wth?

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year from DJI
Well, most American companies are still sending out Happy Holidays, I give DJI thumbs up for the Christmas card!

Reactions: BigD451
I understand Christ in Christmas. But I also think that the world's biggest problem today is everybody thinks everything should be so %=&$ politically correct. There are so many touchy people "looking" for something to gripe about. JMHO

Yep! I've been chewed out, on this forum, by two posters who took my postings badly. Seemed to me, they took things waaaaaay out of context, and their reactions seemed like micro-aggressions to me. Wow! Really touchy.
But, we have posters here from all over the planet. Probably the most diverse forum I've ever visited. I suppose I should expect a much wider range of reaction from folks here. I just don't think its my responsibility to change how I write in order to not offend someone who's sensibilities I have no experience with. If someone gets grumpy, I'll just ignore them.

Reactions: NRJ and BigD451
Not sure why people get so worked up about folks using Xmas or "holidays". I generally find its from folks who are religious devouts who dont understand what Christmas really is. If you're an imbecile, you might be surprised to learn that its origins have absolutely nothing to do with Christianity.

Reactions: Schnoidz
Well muslim terrorist have been around for decades too shoul dI like them should they not bother me too?

And yes it did upset me. I spent $1200 with them. why can't they take the extra millisecond and spell out Christmas?

No, they should wake you up so you carry a sidearm.
Have you considered it was the indian translator that changed it. Not sure what the icon for christmas looks like in chinese. But a lot make a living walking all over your back.
So second nature for the culture. Would prefer they name one of the new islands after drone myself. Shaping island like DJI lends itself to a sea brake wall as well for dropping anchor.
But I didn't get one. Hope it wasn't becasue I have cookies from haunaka candle site.

Not sure why people get so worked up about folks using Xmas or "holidays". I generally find its from folks who are religious devouts who dont understand what Christmas really is. If you're an imbecile, you might be surprised to learn that its origins have absolutely nothing to do with Christianity.

There, you see... A good example of when to use ignore.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4