DJI Christmas Email sortof bothered me.

Reaction score
I mean I understand that most dji employees are probably Buddhist or atheist which is fine. But if you are going to be sending out a Merry Christmas card have the good taste to spell out Merry Christmas not use the dang X. They spelled it that way 4 times for the email. Then the greeting was weird again or at least it was to me..."Dear Creator" wth?

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year from DJI

Let's face it it's Dji staffed by Chinese people that take months to wander e mails

Xmas, which has been in usage in the U.S. for decades, bothers you, but using the holiday for a commercial solicitation for sales does not?

There are more important things in the world to get upset about.

Xmas, which has been in usage in the U.S. for decades, bothers you, but using the holiday for a commercial solicitation for sales does not?

There are more important things in the world to get upset about.
Well muslim terrorist have been around for decades too shoul dI like them should they not bother me too?

And yes it did upset me. I spent $1200 with them. why can't they take the extra millisecond and spell out Christmas?

Reactions: Mavikhan
There is a long history of of using X. "X means Christ". The first letter of the Greek name for Christ (Christos) is translated into our alphabet as an "X". The Greeks had no "X" in their alphabet at that time.
There is no disrespect.
It seems the Chinese actually got it right.

I mean I understand that most dji employees are probably Buddhist or atheist which is fine. But if you are going to be sending out a Merry Christmas card have the good taste to spell out Merry Christmas not use the dang X. They spelled it that way 4 times for the email. Then the greeting was weird again or at least it was to me..."Dear Creator" wth?

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year from DJI

francis_zps62cq8raj.jpg

You got an email from a drone company.....it wasn't about killing puppies....

Well muslim terrorist have been around for decades too shoul dI like them should they not bother me too?
I'm sorry, I didn't realize DJI had sent jihadis out murdering people.

And yes it did upset me. I spent $1200 with them. why can't they take the extra millisecond and spell out Christmas?
So what? You gave them $1200, they gave you their product. That's all they owe you.

There is a long history of of using X. "X means Christ". The first letter of the Greek name for Christ (Christos) is translated into our alphabet as an "X". The Greeks had no "X" in their alphabet at that time.
There is no disrespect.
It seems the Chinese actually got it right.
well since we have an x in the alphabet I guess it's time to spell it out.

So, it doesn't 'sortof' bother you, it actually actively bothers you

this reminds me a little of the GS guys that lose their mind because the fuel gauge on their bikes doesn't always go all the way up to the top

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj