DJI Care nightmare

Reaction score
I purchased a P4 a couple weeks ago. I also purchased DJI Care. The P4 was having stability issues and vision sensor errors. It wouldn't enter into the calibration tool. I chatted with a nice guy from DJI support who decided after an hour of trying different things that the drone needed to be shipped in for repair. I had just purchased it from Best Buy so I returned it and got the P4 Pro instead. I wrote to DJI to have them transfer the DJI Care as soon as I activated it. For 2 days they have been telling they are working on it and a decision will be made soon. Why is this so hard, and what happens tomorrow when my 48 hours has expired?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I purchased a P4 a couple weeks ago. I also purchased DJI Care. The P4 was having stability issues and vision sensor errors. It wouldn't enter into the calibration tool. I chatted with a nice guy from DJI support who decided after an hour of trying different things that the drone needed to be shipped in for repair. I had just purchased it from Best Buy so I returned it and got the P4 Pro instead. I wrote to DJI to have them transfer the DJI Care as soon as I activated it. For 2 days they have been telling they are working on it and a decision will be made soon. Why is this so hard, and what happens tomorrow when my 48 hours has expired?

What happens in 48 hours?

I had to email a picture of the return receipt and they refunded my DJI care. They won't transfer it, you have to get a refund and buy a new policy for your new Phantom.

Chinese New Year?? It's not worth trying to get anything done with Chinese businesses ATM. Either it won't happen or you might wish it hadn't.

I am now past my 48 hours. I can't buy the new warranty. And I am really ticked off. Why wouldn't they tell me to purchase another one if that's what I needed to do?

Hi Doug,

I was in a similar situation as yourself. On Friday I called the Carson, CA telephone number and selected option 3 for DJI Care. That put me in touch with a individual in the Philippines. This individual tried to help, but was unable to understand the concept of transferring the DJI refresh policy to a new aircraft. After 10 minutes, I politely asked to be transferred to someone in the United States.

The US representative requested that I write an eMail to [email protected]. In that eMail I clearly detailed (in bulleted text) purchase dates and serial numbers. I also provided pdf copies of my receipts.

Within less than 5 hours I received an eMail transferring the DJI Refresh form the old to the new aircraft.

On Monday I suggest that you attempt a similar strategy.

Donald Barar

Doug, if I'm not mistaken, the 48-hour window is the time you have to purchase the plan WITHOUT having to prove the drone is in working order... After that, you can still purchase the insurance but you'll have to send them a video to document that it still works, that it's not broken.

Good luck to you in this endeavor.

Hi Doug,

Not sure if you had the opportunity to talk with someone in the United States. If not, I encourage you to do so. I too was getting the run-around from individuals in the Philippines and in the PRC. However, once I made contact with the someone in the US, they were able to pull up my file and understand what I was requesting. I still had to write an eMail (most likely to someone in the PRC) but I think that the US contact was able to intercede in someway. Like I said in my earlier eMail, after getting nowhere for several days, I got almost immediate results.

Don

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl