DJI BATTERY LED1 FLASHES 3X , not charging

Reaction score
hi, we took our drone out on friday morning, had it crash - probably fell around 15 m(last height we saw before aircraft disconnected) - gimbal broken / battery popped out.
the battery looked like it slightly shifted up in the case ( as in the metal looked a bit scrunched up near the top) but still charged and worked fine so we took the drone out again around sunday
once again we had a crash, hitting a wall and falling - not really too high. once again the battery popped out and it looked as if it shifted up yet again. i was able to shift the battery a little down again by smacking it against my hand. now when i try to charge it, the led1 (the light furthest from the power button) flashes 3x(along w the power button) nothing for ~5secs and repeats. it is led1 which isnt mentioned in the manual...
we were able to get it "charging" by force charging but would not charge past the led1 before it returned to the error mentioned above.

please help.

Oh my dear lord. You should have stopped after the first crash. What were you thinking!! That is quite reckless. Not only for your safety but others as well. I don't want to sound demeaning, but you really should have asked for assistance before even considering a second flight with a damaged aircraft. I would not touch a "crashed" battery, no matter what the circumstances. Those LiPo's are very sensitive, not to mention an issue with the control electronics within the battery itself. And in answer to your primary question, I think you have a badly damaged batttery.

Reactions: Oso
Its hard to imagine anyone actually doing what is outlined in post 1. I'm wondering if its real and if it is I agree with what @Fly Dawg said.

Reactions: Fly Dawg
Welcome to the forum. I would say the battery is damaged. It also sounds like it has the voltage that has dropped too low. When the voltage gets too low they may never be able to charge again. Not just the DJI batteries, but all the batteries of that type. Please try to learn from your mistakes. They do cost.

......and plz dispose of the damaged battery properly. Your local waste hauler and/or landfill doesnt want a fire .

Reactions: steve60
Welcome to the forum. I would say the battery is damaged. It also sounds like it has the voltage that has dropped too low. When the voltage gets too low they may never be able to charge again. Not just the DJI batteries, but all the batteries of that type. Please try to learn from your mistakes. They do cost.
what does too low a voltage mean?

I think your battery is toast! Good thing you only have one battery... Visualizing what happened is a OMG situation but it did make me laugh. At first if you don't succeed try try again. I would get a new battery and practice flying in an open area for a few hours. Have fun fly safe.

I think your battery is toast! Good thing you only have one battery... Visualizing what happened is a OMG situation but it did make me laugh. At first if you don't succeed try try again. I would get a new battery and practice flying in an open area for a few hours. Have fun fly safe.

thanks for the tactful response. its been a rough few days.. :'(

Reactions: BigAl07 and Erised
First off... Welcome to PhantomPilots.

Secondly I want to genuinely apologize for the RUDE responses posted above. I can assure you this is not how we normally treat new members especially when they are here asking for help.

As stated above, that battery should be considered a goner and properly disposed of. One reason why people seem to be over reacting is because the battery is a HUGE single point of failure for our aircraft and unlike other R/C aircraft systems, if the battery fails there is zero redundancy and it falls out of the air with zero control. Even though they seem expensive for the size of the item they are AMAZING and should be treated with very high regards and respect. Any time you have a battery that looks, acts, smells, sounds not 100% right it needs to be replaced or you risk causing more damage and possible bodily harm.

Good luck and SAFE Flights :)

For my fellow PhantomPilots members... we are better than this and we need to be more endearing and compassionate especially for new members here asking for help and not knowing the "norm" around here. We are better than this and we need to prove it.

First off... Welcome to PhantomPilots.

Secondly I want to genuinely apologize for the RUDE responses posted above. I can assure you this is not how we normally treat new members especially when they are here asking for help.

As stated above, that battery should be considered a goner and properly disposed of. One reason why people seem to be over reacting is because the battery is a HUGE single point of failure for our aircraft and unlike other R/C aircraft systems, if the battery fails there is zero redundancy and it falls out of the air with zero control. Even though they seem expensive for the size of the item they are AMAZING and should be treated with very high regards and respect. Any time you have a battery that looks, acts, smells, sounds not 100% right it needs to be replaced or you risk causing more damage and possible bodily harm.

Good luck and SAFE Flights :)

For my fellow PhantomPilots members... we are better than this and we need to be more endearing and compassionate especially for new members here asking for help and not knowing the "norm" around here. We are better than this and we need to prove it.

Thanks! I'll be sure to dispose of the battery correctly. We're beginner flyers so we weren't sure when batteries were toast or the difference between a crash and a bad crash. Thanks for the info, really appreciated.

Reactions: BigAl07
we were able to get it "charging" by force charging but would not charge past the led1 before it returned to the error mentioned above.
Just to add, NEVER force charge phantom or any other "smart" battery especialy if they are damaged. Smart battery have electronics inside that control charging and if they dont charge normal way it means that something isnt right. Lipo battery is very dangerous if not charged correctly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello