DJI Assistant 2 has virus

Bit defender blocked it as well, it is the paid version of Bit Defender: Bit Defender Total Security 2018.

I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 from the DJI site and tried to install it on my PC but Bit Defender blocked it saying it contains a Trojan, I went back to an older version of DJI Assistant which installed and ran without triggering the anti virus protection.

Just checked with the Bit Defender again and it comes up with a root.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant\Root.exe

Last edited:
OK< so the story from DJI, it was a false positive. However, strange thing is, I had downloaded Ver 1.1.8 and they told me to download 1.1.6 and I did that from the site they posted.
When I uninstalled the Assistant, it said it was Ver 1.1.7! So, where did that come from and why do I go back to an earlier version to get away from the Trojan? Oh well, installed 1.1.6 and it seems clean, it also did not tell me the drivers were unsigned.
So, not sure exactly what is going on, but the 1.1.6 seems OK.

OK< so the story from DJI, it was a false positive. However, strange thing is, I had downloaded Ver 1.1.8 and they told me to download 1.1.6 and I did that from the site they posted.
When I uninstalled the Assistant, it said it was Ver 1.1.7! So, where did that come from and why do I go back to an earlier version to get away from the Trojan? Oh well, installed 1.1.6 and it seems clean, it also did not tell me the drivers were unsigned.
So, not sure exactly what is going on, but the 1.1.6 seems OK.

Sophos has flagged it with virus as well. it must have deleted something as it does not run on my Mac. downloading older version.

Been busy, family matters, but now back to a bit of flying, Downloaded the Assistant 2 again today and no problems, installed, runs and no alerts.

I've gotten no virus or malware warnings on DJI Assistant 2 at all, since installation or otherwise. Using Bitdefender and Malware Bytes.

But...I'm sure I'm missing something...so if the kind folks here could please help me to understand exactly what 'DJI Assistant 2' is or even does...it may clear up some things.

When I set up my P4P+, I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 onto my MacBook Pro as directed. I did not try to download it to my Android phone.

When I open the app on the MacBook Pro, I see a page with a link to instructions on 'How to Connect to Inspire 2' in the center of the page. In the upper left of the page is the text, 'DJI Assistant.' At the bottom left of the page are two icons; an envelope and a telephone. Clicking on either of these takes me to the contact page of the DJI website. In the upper right of the page is my email address with a twirler. I click the twirler for the drop down menu and my email is there again, (clicking it highlights the email, but does nothing else), and an option for me to logout of Assistant 2. Also at the upper right side of the page is the language selection menu. In the lower right corner of the page is the DJI Assistant Version number: V1.2.0.

That is it. The only thing I am able to do with what I can see of DJI Assistant 2 is go to the DJI website contact pages.

What am I missing???

EDIT: For the record, my P4P+ has been flying fine, the RC is performing fine, camera/gimbal working properly, etc.

Last edited:
Quote: The only thing I am able to do with what I can see of DJI Assistant 2 is go to the DJI website contact pages.What am I missing???EDIT: For the record, my P4P+ has been flying fine,
Bill Ballard
DJI Phantom 4 Pro+
Future FAA 107 Commercial Drone Pilot

I may have missed something in translation, but what are you expecting to do with the Assistant app? Have you connected your model to the assistant software, or are you expecting to do something or possibly learn something without the model actually being connected via your PC or other device.
Maybe I simply misunderstood your post, that's possible as well. : )
My interpretation of Assistant 2 has been a tool used to help with upgrading/downgrading firmware, among other things. eg Vision, calibrations etc.
You may find the specific info. you are looking for in tutorials offered by DJI, or YouTube to further assist you in your quest.
Btw, a good rule of thumb, " If it's not broken, don't fix it".
Have a nice day! : )

Last edited:
Reactions: svjobeth
Quote: The only thing I am able to do with what I can see of DJI Assistant 2 is go to the DJI website contact pages.What am I missing???EDIT: For the record, my P4P+ has been flying fine,
Bill Ballard
DJI Phantom 4 Pro+
Future FAA 107 Commercial Drone Pilot

I may have missed something in translation, but what are you expecting to do with the Assistant app? Have you connected your model to the assistant software, or are you expecting to do something or possibly learn something without the model actually being connected via your PC or other device.
Maybe I simply misunderstood your post, that's possible as well. : )
My interpretation of Assistant 2 has been a tool used to help with upgrading/downgrading firmware, among other things. eg Vision, calibrations etc.
You may find the specific info. you are looking for in tutorials offered by DJI, or YouTube to further assist you in your quest.
Btw, a good rule of thumb, " If it's not broken, don't fix it".
Have a nice day! : )

No, you didn't miss anything in translation. I could have been more clear in my statements that I was asking about the Assistant app's usefulness without the AC connected. And, if I'm completely honest, it never occurred to me to search for a tutorial on the app...:rolleyes:

And I 100% agree with your "if it's not broken, don't fix it" rule of thumb!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT