DJI admitted GO app issues on iOS 9

Is it even possible to downgrade a iPad Mini 4 since there was no previous iOS? I dont think so?

Is it even possible to downgrade a iPad Mini 4 since there was no previous iOS? I dont think so?
No, I don't think so. And that is another problem with DJI waiting until days after IOS 9 came out to say there was a problem (with no specifics). So those with new devices cannot downgrade and don't even know if it is safe to fly.

You guys need to look deeper under the hood. Flight Logs lose all location info, replaced by Map Loading, and the red aircraft icon never leaves the launch point any more, during flight playback. There are issues, even if minor, on all iOS 9.0 devices after syncing the Flight Logs. :(

OK good call. I had not noticed that before, yes the red arrow stays put but I haven't lost any flight info. Flying wise I have had no problem (yet).

You guys need to look deeper under the hood. Flight Logs lose all location info, replaced by Map Loading, and the red aircraft icon never leaves the launch point any more, during flight playback. There are issues, even if minor, on all iOS 9.0 devices after syncing the Flight Logs. :(
WOW I just noticed that on mine!

Go to Apple and sign up as BETA tester for IOS 9.1. It works flawlessly. Also, make sure you turn off Background App Refresh. You'll be fine. Buddy told me about this and have had no issues since.

It seems A7 devices are experiencing the lag issues with iOS 9.

I have an iPad Air (1st gen), and it lagged all over the show, downgraded back to 8.4.1

For those who don't know how to downgrade, go here

How to downgrade your iPhone or iPad from iOS 9 to iOS 8.4.1

This is what I was thinking, I hope it's just software teething and can be remedied and not A7 processor incapable of running future OS's (and GO apps) stably. Wouldn't be the first time Apple released software that the older devices couldn't handle. However the new OS has a much smaller foot print so hopefully it's just a case of OS/Go being a little buggy and something that'll be fixed.

Yea, more likely to be a compatibility issue, especially given people are reporting 9.1 works fine.

I'll just stick with 8.4 until DJI come to the party ;)

Reactions: bobmyers
OK good call. I had not noticed that before, yes the red arrow stays put but I haven't lost any flight info. Flying wise I have had no problem (yet).
Thanks for the confirmation. The important part, indeed, is no flying related issues. The flight logs can be synced and still properly viewed from any other iOS tablet device that you can install DJI GO onto under 8.4.1. I verified this yesterday. My Air 2 is still on iOS 8.4.1 and the logs all still properly display the location info, and the arrow still leads the flight path as it is played back, even though on my two other iOS devices on iOS 9 it doesn't and the location is Map Loading, after all are synced.:cool:

Go to Apple and sign up as BETA tester for IOS 9.1. It works flawlessly. Also, make sure you turn off Background App Refresh. You'll be fine. Buddy told me about this and have had no issues since.
Good info. Apple will now surely be quick to roll out the 9.1 update, unless they want to wait to include yet more fixes to other things that 9.0 broke.
Allowing App updates to Auto-Install is a two edged sword! Better to install them manually, after making sure they don't break more than they fix.

iOS 9.1 beta might work better for DJI GO, but likely to brick more other apps (such as GoPro) while other developers and apps are not ready for it.
Very true. It's another whole can of worms, especially while it is still in Beta.:eek:

I'm flying and filming with a P3A using iPad air and IOS 9 with no problems nor glitches to over 3 km ( 2 miles) .
Everything works great except for the flight record replay where the icon does not follow the route, but that it secondary.

Reactions: Hessam
I upgraded to iOS 9.0.1 and took my P3P and mini 4 out for a test flight and there were a few moments but not terrible. I was just playing around in the park. Seeing if I could get the system to work the way my mini 2 did on iOS 8.4 which rarely had a glitch (except if you took a picture and the screen would have to completely refresh.)
Autopilot is another issue all together.

The Mini 4 will unfortunately always fall behind the Air 2 in performance because of its inferior dual-core A8 processor. The Air 2 has the superior A8X triple-core version which is far more powerful.

"The new A8X chip inside Apple's iPad Air 2, is a triple-core variant of the A8, with a higher clock speed (1.5GHz vs. 1.4GHz), a larger L2 cache (2MB, up from 1MB) and 2GB of external DDR3. It also uses an internal metal heatspreader, which the Apple A8 eschews. All of this points to slightly higher power consumption for the core, but also to dramatically increased performance." Read more at: Apple A8X iPad Air 2 Processor Packs Triple-Core CPU, Hefty Graphics Punch | HotHardware

Reactions: Oso
I've been flying with an iPhone 6 on iOS 8.4 and never once had any issues or overheating. It is entirely reasonable to assume that the iPad mini 4 on iOS 9.x should be expected to run just as reliably. The A8 vs A8x perf comparisons are accurate but should not be construed to suggest that the A8 is not up to the task.

The Mini 4 will unfortunately always fall behind the Air 2 in performance because of its inferior dual-core A8 processor. The Air 2 has the superior A8X triple-core version which is far more powerful.

"The new A8X chip inside Apple's iPad Air 2, is a triple-core variant of the A8, with a higher clock speed (1.5GHz vs. 1.4GHz), a larger L2 cache (2MB, up from 1MB) and 2GB of external DDR3. It also uses an internal metal heatspreader, which the Apple A8 eschews. All of this points to slightly higher power consumption for the core, but also to dramatically increased performance." Read more at: Apple A8X iPad Air 2 Processor Packs Triple-Core CPU, Hefty Graphics Punch | HotHardware
Does the Air 2 incorporate a barometer?

I've been flying with an iPhone 6 on iOS 8.4 and never once had any issues or overheating. It is entirely reasonable to assume that the iPad mini 4 on iOS 9.x should be expected to run just as reliably. The A8 vs A8x perf comparisons are accurate but should not be construed to suggest that the A8 is not up to the task.
Certainly didn't mean to imply that the Mini 4 isn't up to the task, but when upgrading from any Mini, the iPad Air 2 should be the first choice, unless there is a reason to compromise. The app will only become more complex over time, and is designed for the Air 2. Unfortunately, the Aple Keynote incorrectly stated the Mini 4 would have the same processor as the Air 2, which mislead many people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31