DJI admitted GO app issues on iOS 9

Reaction score
DJI finally admitted and announced DJI GO app with compatibility issues on iOS 9. Unfortunately, there is no further details about what sort of "minor" compatibility issues so far.
12001039_627851637317646_662195035074612764_o.png

DJI Forum|DJI GO for iOS9

Few and far between.
Personally, my Phantom 3 continues to fly like a free bird.
It's Never had any of the odd behaviors or unwanted flight characteristics associated with update issues. None.
I like to update mine, with new improvements immediately upon their release.

RedHotPoker

Only issue was very fist time it crashed. Ever since then its been fine. Does have me concerned that it might crash in flight though now :(

I don't think I've had any issues either. In fact, I don't think I've had any issues with any upgrades, either FW or DJI app. My P3P is my 6th DJI quad, so I've seen my share of problems AND crashes and one complete loss due to fly away. At this point, I'm very happy with my P3P and now have 170 flights!

Reactions: JIM MILLER
The general release date (non-beta) for iOS 9 was September 16.

How many people have upgraded their iPad to iOS 9 and then flown their Phantom?

As a third-party developer of FPV Camera app, we were well aware of some obvious compatibility issues since iOS 9 beta has been around for months. We did our best endeavors to address those known issues as much as possible weeks ago, though it couldn't iron out everything.

DJI has a lot more resources, and hope they will address all the issues properly.

Reactions: atki
Definitely experiencing control and video lag at distances where I didn't before.

I should add I do a lot of fpvlr so my lag issue seems to start at about 4000 metres away whereas I used to fly out to over 6000 metres before I'd get some lag on the video feed. If I flew it like a granny within a kilometre or two I'd be reporting smooth as ever flight too.

I updated my iPad mini 2 cellular the day iOS 9 came out. I experienced major lag at ranges less than 30m. I have rolled back to iOS 8.4.1 and am lag free again.

My own fault for upgrading immediately and not waiting for compatibly checks.

If you haven't upgraded I would wait or ensure you have backed up your device in case you need to roll back.

Reactions: AL T
I think it's another indicator that DJI is more focused on sales and profits rather than customer service and experience. Either they did not thoroughly test the app with IOS 9 as they should or knew they had a problem, ignored it and hoped for the best. Like I am not supposed to care being an involuntary beta tester?

I just bought a Phantom 3 Advanced and had to upgrade my iPad to the mini 4 with IOS 9 in order to use the app. Their advice to wait or downgrade to 8.4.1 does me no good.

As a third-party developer of FPV Camera app, we were well aware of some obvious compatibility issues since iOS 9 beta has been around for months. We did our best endeavors to address those known issues as much as possible weeks ago, though it couldn't iron out everything.

DJI has a lot more resources, and hope they will address all the issues properly.
It sounds like you tried to get rid of the issues and possibly they are minor?

The issues with DJI (if you have them) range from severe lag to loss of connection at short ranges to the inability to fly. Those are not minor issues.

It sounds like you tried to get rid of the issues and possibly they are minor?

The issues with DJI (if you have them) range from severe lag to loss of connection at short ranges to the inability to fly. Those are not minor issues.
Per the feedback from FPV Camera users, it works great on iOS 9 and iOS 8, though there are plenty of rooms for improvement. Apple claims iOS 9 is 20% fastest than iOS 8 on the same device, IF the app is optimized for iOS 9.

Those DJI GO "minor" issues probably mean they don't affect all/majority users, while many users reported no issues at all on iOS 9.

Reactions: aopisa
The ONLY thing I use my iPad Mini2 for is the GO app. I think I'll hold off on 9.0 until I hear nothing but good things. Updated my cellphone though and am enjoying the 9.0 features.

Reactions: Mike Mauk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20