DJI admitted GO app issues on iOS 9

I downloaded the ISPW file from your link as a zip folder and unzipped it with WinRAR. The problem I have is the is no ISPW file with in zip file for the iPhone 6 plus. Am I missing something?

EDIT: With the release of iOS 9.02 on September 30, Apple stopped signing off on iOS 8.4.1. Users can no longer upgrade or downgrade to those versions of iOS using iTunes.

Try this. I didnt need to zip or unzip anything.
DJI admitted GO app issues on iOS 9 | Page 4 | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:
The download is taking ages and still says restore.zip on it
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443479992.311471.jpg

Download complete shows as zipped file.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443480464.920566.jpg

Extracted

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443480612.690857.jpg

Inside firmware folder

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443480656.547729.jpg

There is also no ipsw in any of the other folders. Not sure if Windows 10 is changing something

Last edited:
The download is taking ages and still says restore.zip on it View attachment 32188

Download complete shows as zipped file.
View attachment 32189

Extracted

View attachment 32190

Inside firmware folder

View attachment 32191

There is also no ipsw in any of the other folders. Not sure if Windows 10 is changing something
Don't know what to tell you sir. It downloads only an unzipped ipsw for me. I even just now tried the IP6+ file and it downloaded the ipsw only. Sorry that it didnt work for you. My guess is that its a setting in your Windows 10 since I just saw this on youtube when I did a quick google search.

Reactions: bobmyers
Thanks for this. You know I have downloaded that file from about 10 different websites lol.
I hope you don't have a data bandwidth limit!

here is a screen shot of the download. It has Restore.zip on it
I hope you don't have a data bandwidth limit!

Lucky I Don't no but think of all that wasted time I wont get back. That's it changed now so thanks again for that. I wonder why Windows would change the file. I will have a go with the phone tomorrow.

here is a screen shot of the download. It has Restore.zip on it

Lucky I Don't no but think of all that wasted time I wont get back. That's it changed now so thanks again for that. I wonder why Windows would change the file. I will have a go with the phone tomorrow.
Outstanding. I am thrilled it worked for you. Cheers sir.

Reactions: JoBe
... do not unzip it .. just remove the .zip from your file name and you are good to go !!! fly safe

Go to Apple and sign up as BETA tester for IOS 9.1. It works flawlessly. Also, make sure you turn off Background App Refresh. You'll be fine. Buddy told me about this and have had no issues since.
GlennG, so I tried it, it doesn't work. I have an iPad Mini 2 WiFi/Cellular with DJI Ground Station app installed. I was running iOS 9.0.1 and it all worked fine with my DJI Phantom 2 v.3 with pro-installed DJI Ground Station hardware. When I upgraded to iOS 9.0.2 the DJI Ground Station app would not run, as soon as it came up it would crash. If I turned my iPad's Blue Tooth off, the DJI Ground Station app would run but could not "see" my DJI Ground Station hardware (Blue Tooth transmitter/receiver station), as soon as I turned the iPad's Blue Tooth back on, the GS app would crash. I upgraded to the Public Beta iOS 9.1, that did not fix this problem. I'd love to hear EXACTLY what it was your friend did to make his work again using the method your described. BTW, I turned off the Background App Refresh as well, that didn't fix anything either.

GlennG, so I tried it, it doesn't work. I have an iPad Mini 2 WiFi/Cellular with DJI Ground Station app installed. I was running iOS 9.0.1 and it all worked fine with my DJI Phantom 2 v.3 with pro-installed DJI Ground Station hardware. When I upgraded to iOS 9.0.2 the DJI Ground Station app would not run, as soon as it came up it would crash. If I turned my iPad's Blue Tooth off, the DJI Ground Station app would run but could not "see" my DJI Ground Station hardware (Blue Tooth transmitter/receiver station), as soon as I turned the iPad's Blue Tooth back on, the GS app would crash. I upgraded to the Public Beta iOS 9.1, that did not fix this problem. I'd love to hear EXACTLY what it was your friend did to make his work again using the method your described. BTW, I turned off the Background App Refresh as well, that didn't fix anything either.

In short, this is for the P3, not the P2. I'm not saying there aren't iOS 9.x problems with the P2, but I can't say I know of any, since I only fly the P3. Let me ask you this - if you're flying a P2, why are you posting in a P3 thread?

In short, this is for the P3, not the P2. I'm not saying there aren't iOS 9.x problems with the P2, but I can't say I know of any, since I only fly the P3. Let me ask you this - if you're flying a P2, why are you posting in a P3 thread?
Great Question:D

I was trying to indicate that the iOS issues transcended more than the P3, but I also thought I could get some insights or help here... I was wrong about the "help" part.

I was trying to indicate that the iOS issues transcended more than the P3, but I also thought I could get some insights or help here... I was wrong about the "help" part.
This is a P3 forum and the OP is about DJI GO app. If you are referring to DJI Bluetooth based Ground Station hardware and software app for P2, I suggest to create a new thread in the corresponding forum to seek help.

I have a iOS mini 3 and have been trying to download the Dji go app to it for the first time and it keeps telling me that my mini is not compatible. I am running IOS 9.0.2. How do I fix this? I have downloaded it on my iPhone 6 with no problem but I need my mini to work. Any suggestions for a new pilot?

I am flying a 3 pro.....

Thanks...

I have a iOS mini 3 and have been trying to download the Dji go app to it for the first time and it keeps telling me that my mini is not compatible. I am running IOS 9.0.2. How do I fix this? I have downloaded it on my iPhone 6 with no problem but I need my mini to work. Any suggestions for a new pilot?

I am flying a 3 pro.....

Thanks...
With respect, it sounds like you don't actually have a Mini 3. Did you buy it used?

Try to put the model number into Google and look at the results to verify its actually a Mini 3. We recently had another user here who was also sure about his Mini, but it turned out that he actually had a Mini 1 which gave the "not compatible" message when he tried to download the GO app.

Reactions: JoBe
With respect, it sounds like you don't actually have a Mini 3. Did you buy it used?

Try to put the model number into Google and look at the results to verify its actually a Mini 3. We recently had another user here who was also sure about his Mini, but it turned out that he actually had a Mini 1 which gave the "not compatible" message when he tried to download the GO app.

Brand new out of the box mini 3.

After 6 days of trying to get it to download did another iOS update and it download. DJI has issues with their app.

Thanks....

Reactions: Poundofnuts
Few and far between.
Personally, my Phantom 3 continues to fly like a free bird.
It's Never had any of the odd behaviors or unwanted flight characteristics associated with update issues. None.
I like to update mine, with new improvements immediately upon their release.

RedHotPoker
Your "free bird" remark made me do a double take! Free birds won't come back! LOL Just teasing, I'm glad your bird is working good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20