Diversity monitor set-up

Reaction score
I have a PQ801 7 inch 5.8g diversity monitor, also sold under many other names, including 7032R. This is Fatshark compatible and I have it working with the 250mw tx, but apparently only on one channel. (There is no manual at all.)

When I switch from channel one, where I have a clear image to channel two... nothing.

I know that each channel has its own switch configuration on the back of the monitor, but I can't figure out how to configure channel 2 without losing the image on channel 1.

please help!

There was a manual with mine. You can download one from the Flysight website. What antennas do you have fitted? Mine was set to diversity mode by default. As it switches between the antennas, corresponding blue leds at top left and right of the screen show which antenna is receiving. Don't think mine has a switch on the back as you described. Is it branded Flysight?

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Unfortunately we have different models, this is mine:
http://www.fpvmodel.com/pq801-7-inch-5- ... _g492.html

However, I'll sit down with the manual link you gave and see if I can puzzle this out. I appreciate the thought!

Another thing that occurs to me: I have my Fatshark 250mw well wrapped in velcro so I was hoping not to have to strip that off, but... do you know if there are dip switches on that tx for both channels one and two? I set up my original fpv over a year ago so I don't recall if I had to do anything with dip switches -- I've been using a one channel RMRC monitor, not a diversity.

IrishSights said:
Model number is different from mine (RC801) so probably not talking about the same beast.

First google hit on a manual for the RC801 came in at:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...eQRKHp_czW3ZvXg&bvm=bv.66699033,d.ZWU&cad=rjt

The Fat Shark transmitter will only transmit one channel (frequency) at a time. Note you may wish to match frequencies and not channel numbers as the the channels on the monitor may not be the same frequency of the transmitter.

Someone correct me if wrong, but doesn't the Fat Shark shipped set to channel one (frequency 5740). Your monitor must be set to frequency 5740, which maybe a different channel number on the monitor.

From the Fat Shark web site, the 250mW dip switch settings chart.

Attachments

• Fat Shark.jpg
    Fat Shark.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 653

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl