Disgruntled about DJI service?

Reaction score
Anyone who has had the misfortune of dealing with poor DJI service should start a DJI complaint section on "Customer Service Scorecard" to let others know. Maybe it will help, or at least vent a bit. I haven't had an issue yet as I just replace it at Best Buy when bad (Twice!) so I have less info on contact with them which I know would be slow with their current RMA process and and 'required shipping' since DJI in Los Angeles hides behind a locked gate.

Submit a new listing

Sort of surprised they are not on it yet. This poor guy ( Dealer Warranty RMA ) has been without the Phantom for three months as it seems they lost it and now their own people on their own DJI forum will not respond back to him regarding them losing it. Another in the same thread took 5 months to get back.

It is interesting to read some 'Scorecard' stories though. Canon camera seems to have gotten better over the years against Nikon or Sony which are pretty poorly rated. I worked retail selling them and the scoring runs pretty much true to what we found in retail too. Nikon shut down small repair centers and quit selling parts to individuals a few years back which hurts the brand overall when you lose a battery door in Alaska and have to send it in for $200 flat-rate repair.

Example of Canon vs. Sony (or Nikon which is about the same): Canon vs Sony

DJI needs to up their repair and service plan, imho. Just have some parts person who can ship out a piece if out of warranty, or at least be able to find the repair order on site. Okay, they need a Walk-in service center too, and not hiding behind a locked gate that requires a $45 UPS shipping fee to cross in a few days, along with a prior RMA that takes a few days both.

Seems to me that is would be to their advantage to have a service center/retail center. Certainly it would make an advertising impact.

Seems like this so-called 'DJI warranty' is sort of a disservice; meaningless to even have with all these grievances but only to get nowhere.

I just had an excellent service by DJI. I had my P3P shell crack fixed the day they received it and was shipped back to me the next day. It was an easy process for me from start to finish. They sent out update emails throughout different states of repair/testing and such. So I knew what was going on. In addition they paid for shipping both ways. Very happy with their top-notch service.

Reactions: Phil56
Nice to hear something positive about their repair service. May I ask what the turn around time was start to finish?

Nice to hear something positive about their repair service. May I ask what the turn around time was start to finish?

It was exactly 1 week; I dropped it off at a UPS Store on Monday and just got it back yesterday.

I sent my P4 out to the DJI Carson CA repair site (after a crash) via UPS ground on the 15th, they quoted the repair/I paid for it on the 23rd, they flight tested it on the 28th and I received it via UPS ground yesterday the 3rd. So I am happy to have my P4 back.

I liked that I was able to track progress of everything on line. It ended up being $240 in damages, (no charge shipping back to me.) Frankly, I was expecting it to be more.

One thing though, I suspect that they just swapped my P4 out for a new/or refurbished unit on hand, and re-linked my remote controller to it. I say this because the serial number is not the same on the inside battery compartment, and I had a label inside the battery compartment with my FAA registration number which is missing. So I will have to kill my old FAA registration and get a new one for the new airframe's Serial Number. Not sure how that's going to work with my DJI GO account.

One thing though, I suspect that they just swapped my P4 out for a new/or refurbished unit on hand, and re-linked my remote controller to it. I say this because the serial number is not the same on the inside battery compartment, and I had a label inside the battery compartment with my FAA registration number which is missing. So I will have to kill my old FAA registration and get a new one for the new airframe's Serial Number. Not sure how that's going to work with my DJI GO account.
They swapped my P3P out as well when I sent it there for the shell cracks.

You don't need to kill your FAA UAS registration number since it's not tied to a particular aircraft's serial number. Just reuse the same number. You don't need to do anything with DJI Go account either. Once you sync new flights in the app, the flight records will be shown under the new aircraft even though it has the same name as your old one. In other words, you'll have 2 different sets of flight records for 2 aircrafts.

I sent my phantom 4 in due to stress cracks. No crashes. Under warranty I thought. 6 months old. Was told frame was not covered. Sent in on Apr 23 2017.invoice $239 to repair. Long list of repair parts. Was told my drone i sent in will be repaired and I will be getting my original drone back.
A week after said repair finally will be shipped. Arrive May 26th 2017. More than a month for process. Was told originally by customer service 10 days door to door. Now examining the air frame # on shipping a different drone is being sent. Why does Dji have to lie about everything. I Just feel betrayed. I have never experienced such poor customer service before.

I just got my Phantom 3 back from having the RC unit and gimbal repaired. Cost plenty too. Took > a month 'in their hands', plus shipping. The job done was of terrible quality. They didn't even install drop kit on the gimbal and it is hanging off. What garbage-work. It is not the first time but it's the last.
IMG_0185s.jpg

I just got my Phantom 3 back from having the RC unit and gimbal repaired. Cost plenty too. Took > a month 'in their hands', plus shipping. The job done was of terrible quality. They didn't even install drop kit on the gimbal and it is hanging off. What garbage-work. It is not the first time but it's the last.
View attachment 83047
That's pretty sad.

Is it yours, or did they do their refurb swap?

It's mine though they swapped the case/shell. Looks like a new RC unit though - and this is even worse. - since I am working with this right now, Squeezing the little tabs on the smart phone /tablet holder, and the smartphone clamp is not rising up - so not only the trashed-up drone but they apparently replaced my RC unit with another broken one - it looks new but is just broken in a different way. Reminds me of summer camp - there is reason you have to write your name on your undergarments! well lemme see if I can fix this, and I'll post back.

edit - BTW it's in need of firmware upgrades.. they didn't bother. For certain they never did have 'fast' service or good 'customer service' but they used to fix things right and completely.

Last edited:
If their just swapping out most of them then what's the hold up? It should go from "being evaluated" to "shipped" if there is no actual repair to be done. Inventory the damage an toss it in the pile to be refurbed. What's the hold up?

FW updated, everything fixed, OK now how can I bill DJI for 2 hours of my technical time?

Took ya awhile to make your first 2 post there ECM.
Welcome to posting on the forum :)

Thank you! I been so busy.. work all the time. hate for my first posts to be complaints but when a person has so little time for fun, and the fun is spoiled, that's what happens! Anyway now we can go fly. It's a family thing.

Reactions: dirkclod and Phil56

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor