Discussion about an ideal case for the P2V+

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a new owner and am looking to purchase a case for my P2V+. I have seen several discussions and videos on the dozens of different cases out there and I am finding it difficult to decide.
I could use any advice that is offered.

Here are the key issues for my use:

1. I will mostly be traveling in my car to local places to fly. I do NOT anticipate ever checking this on an airplane.

2. I am not sure of the pros and cons of a case that would allow me to keep the props on, or even keep prop guards on. I will have removable prop guards installed (Bezem).

3. I will do not anticipate doing any long hikes with the phantom.

4. Hard vs Soft?

Thanks so much

LarryR

Not for everyone but i really like my backpack, holds everything secure including extra antennas. Well made and comfortable to wear if you need to. A review here.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2vajqmu.jpg

Bought a £29 backpack. Useless! Then bought a Koffer hard case that is fantastic - well if a case can be!

I have the gopro hard case. Pricey but worth every penny. I take it with me daily. I also just bought a backpack for when I go hiking. , I'll be getting the hard case and back pack for my P3 also

https://goprofessionalcases.com

Definitely one of the best if not thee best cases on the market, I have friends who have used all types of different choices including: cases with pick n pluck / other pre cut type foam cases ,,, & they don't compare,,the blue layer of foam that is used on the top really makes a huge difference u can easily wipe it clean & it doesn't wear out easily,,my friend even tried mimic the same finish on his pick n pluck(obviously no where near as professional finish) & it has made it much tougher ,,have a look there's wheeled versions,,prop guard on versions,,carry on plane luggage version,,backpacks,,

Basically the cases them selves are very similar to pelican,
But the big difference in these to any other cases I've seen
Is in the Foams & strong design on the inside

https://goprofessionalcases.com

Definitely one of the best if not thee best cases on the market, I have friends who have used all types of different choices including: cases with pick n pluck / other pre cut type foam cases ,,, & they don't compare,,the blue layer of foam that is used on the top really makes a huge difference u can easily wipe it clean & it doesn't wear out easily,,my friend even tried mimic the same finish on his pick n pluck(obviously no where near as professional finish) & it has made it much tougher ,,have a look there's wheeled versions,,prop guard on versions,,carry on plane luggage version,,backpacks,,

Basically the cases them selves are very similar to pelican,
But the big difference in these to any other cases I've seen
Is in the Foams & strong design on the inside

Can you leave the props on while in the case? Will they get bent?

Larry

Larry
Tradecraft makes one specifically for the V+ that allows the props to remain on in the case. I love it.

Last edited:
The Tradecraft one designed for the P2V+ is awesome and is designed so you can leave the props on while in the case.
http://www.tradecraftcases.com/Tough-Case-XRV-for-DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-p/xrvplus.htm
This is the case I have. It is a well constructed case. It is waterproof also. You can leave your props on if you prefer with this case but I do not like to keep mine on as you have to make sure you have them positioned in a certain way as not to catch a edge of a prop while closing the lid.

I am very pleased with my HPRC 2700. It is very strong and the foam cutouts are tailored for the Phantom 2V+. It was a bit expensive, but is a 1st class case.

gopro case and amazon back pack works perfect for everything I need

Larry
Yes u can, but as mentioned by someone earlier you need them in position ,I don't leave them on for the simple reason they only take like 30 secs to remove all 4, & I can fit 6 props in the front compartment that's made for em

Hrpc are good cases ,, but the inside is still pick n pluck,,my friends was falling to pieces after about 6 months use,, so he went and got a goprofessional & the difference like I said in the inside(which to me is where it counts as the outsides are all pretty similar hard plastic,,lol) was massive,,

The conclusion: best cases all round is definitely the goprofessional imo,
But if your not interested in having the great quality foam insert ,
The Best Cases are pelicans just for there outsides(which is not much diff than the ones goprofessional use)

I am very pleased with my HPRC 2700. It is very strong and the foam cutouts are tailored for the Phantom 2V+. It was a bit expensive, but is a 1st class case.
Is the foam finished any diff to there old ones ? Used to be pick n pluck, and even if it's pre formed if it's just that regular grey foam I can't see it lasting long specially if your a little ruff with it & or taken the drone and stuff in n out on a regular, could u post a pic of your case inside please?

I
gopro case and amazon back pack works perfect for everything I need

I had to get a little second case when I'm traveling far ,I have to take off my stage 4 antennas bird side & remove all boosters / antennas pilot side takes about 10 mins max, ill post some pics soon showing how my cases are & what they carry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.