The luggage / bag / case debate - which is best?

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I own a P4P and have seen a few threads here and there on these sorts of forums with people discussing the pros and cons of what packaging, case or bag they use to carry or transport their drones.

I am posting this thread, as I didn't just want to share thoughts, but get some suggestions....

I own the v1 of the AIRPORT HELIPAK (THINK TANK). I believe anew version (2) came out last year but the dimensions were different (larger). I chose this product for a few reasons:

1) It suits most airline carry on regulations for size
2)The 'soft bag' set-up allows additional packaging of other expensive gear, like camera/lenses
3) It had a raincoat feature for when the weather happens to turn bad, quickly
4) It fits the drone, RC, accessories and additional batteries with ease

However, I have now found that after getting a set of the DJI Goggles RE, I literally have no space for them. I didn't get the combo with a free bag included and honestly, carrying a second bag kind of defeats the purpose. I do plan on travelling in airplanes with my drone, particularly for international trips, so the protection and/or carry on factor is om importance to me....though I'm not sure if any quality manufacturers have at all, caught up to the "drone and goggles" in a single bag/case yuet thats suitable for carry on.

So, what do you have? Why did you choose that type of bag/case?

Also, if you are familiar with the other manufacturers out there; have any caight up to start releasing bags targeted towards this sort of equipment to fit a P4P, accessories, RC *AND* a set of the goggles?

Opinions and suggestions appreciated.

RoOSTA

Hi I use a solid shell backpack [emoji309] for my PS3SE I chose it over a case because I like to hike with my drone so a case was to awkward. The backpack only holds the drone/RC/props/Batteries it has no room for anything else. The other thing is I take it as carry on baggage when I fly. It’s well with in the carry on bag sizes (in Aus).

I just ordered and received today, the Case Club for the P4P. It's the case that can hold the P4P with the props on and hold 6 batteries. I don't have that many, but plan to in the future. It seems to me it's made more for traveling on airplanes or for a several hour drive to maybe a more remote location than taking it down to you local park to fly. It has the handle in it for dragging behind in you (in airports) and wheels for the same.

Honestly, it's a bit bigger than I think I need but I'm sure I'll use it as I drive around either Las Vegas or to LA just for ease of use and not knowing where I'll be flying it outside of my normal area.

Pat

I don't have the DJI Goggles, but the upper pocket on this thing is fairly big, so I think they'd fit. Plus, the price isn't too bad.

https://www.amazon.com/Lykus-DBP-10...pID=413s1KqgG9L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Looks like a nice bag...but can confirm after checking the pocket with the RC in there, the goggles almost certainly wouldn't fit in there together with the RC.

I just ordered and received today, the Case Club for the P4P

Wow that's a lot of batteries! Do you really use or need space for that many? Would be good to get your feedback here after a few months/weeks usage (depending on how oftne you lug that around with you) on the pros/cons of the hard case.

Cheers
RoOSTA

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj