P$P Vision System Error

Reaction score
I purchased a 2nd hand P4P to go with my Mavic Pro
Screenshot_2018-01-28-10-52-40.png
. The P4P has the Vision System error after booting up. I get this same message on the Crystalsky or iPad Mini. Here's what Idid:
  1. Calibrated the IMU- Didn't fix
  2. Reloaded the latest firmware- Didn't Fix
  3. Tried to calibrate the vision system with DJI Assistant2 but the FWD vision sensors do not project the box onto the screen.
  4. Cleaned the FWD, AFT and Down looking sensor faces with cotton swab and alcohol- didn't fix
  5. I have searched the interweb high and low for someone with this same problem but haven't found it.
The bird seems to fly just fine except it tends to drift around probably because the downward looking vision sensors aren't working. Because of this, I am not flying it because I'd hate for something other system to roach itself and cause the unit to become a yard dart. AFAIK the collision avoidance system isn't working in any way that I can detect and is totally FUBAR. I contacted DJI but haven't heard back yet.

Any of you big brain types have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance...Kleetus

I have just posted my own thread about a problem that included a Vision System Error Message. It corrected itself after I turned everything back on and off and re-inserted the SD card. it may be that you also have a temporary glitch.

I have just posted my own thread about a problem that included a Vision System Error Message. It corrected itself after I turned everything back on and off and re-inserted the SD card. it may be that you also have a temporary glitch.
I saw some other posts from members with a similar by rebooting, in and out with the sd card, swapping batteries, swinging a rubber chicken and boiling garlic but nothing that I have read and tried has fixed this one. I'm thinking it's hard broke. That's a term we use in the airplane repair biz that basically means re-racking the radio or re booting is a waste of time and is going to be expensive. :(

Thanks for the responses though. I certainly appreciate it but I am surprised that there aren't any more responses.

Kleetus- Drowning in Atlanta.....

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164