Developers: Can we talk about flight logs?

Reaction score
I know this has been visited a few times but I didn't find the answers I was looking for.

The Flight Logs for DJI are obviously encoded and they are likely encoded in something DJI has created. Obviously this encoding is not supported and undocumented, which means DJI can change this encoding at their discretion.

Have they ever changed it before? I assume the known converters out there have to re-jig their code, right? Do they ever go down because of this?

Next question...

I'm aware that there are converters out there, but that's not what I need. Has anyone actually cracked the code yet? I'm a developer and I've been trying for the last 2 days to work it out. The converter sites out there have cracked it, but obviously the King knows and he's not telling.

I have a project in mind and it would require that I be able to handle the conversion myself, server-side. I've found an open-source Python script which is buggy at best and Python isn't my language of choice, however I have a fair bit of experience in it. I certainly don't have enough knowledge to start unpacking the weird, proprietary binary-like code that the Flight Logs are encoded with, not in Python anyway.

Now, I don't want to get in to the pro's and cons of doing this myself, I would just like to accomplish it for my reasons, so if we can avoid the "don't reinvent the wheel" comments, I'd appreciate that! If anyone has an inkling in to any project that has perhaps even made the slightest bit of progress where I can view the code, I'd appreciate it very much.

This is just a guess - but the companies that have access to the encrypted logs probably have a contract with DJI to decrypt the logs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl