OOO

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I spent two weeks alone in the mountains of Black Sea region of Turkey. All shots were taken with P4P (more than 80 flights) during this period. I learned a lot from your critics. Thus, please criticize me as hard as you can.

Thanks,

Please watch in 4K.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stunning vid OOO! great shots, music and great post work. Nothing to criticize here. Watched it on my laptop and then on my 75" 4K, wow! Couldn't make out what kind of animal that is at 1:05? I appreciate you sharing.

Reactions: OOO
Stunning vid OOO! great shots, music and great post work. Nothing to criticize here. Watched it on my laptop and then on my 75" 4K, wow! Couldn't make out what kind of animal that is at 1:05? I appreciate you sharing.

Thank you! I watched it several times but didn't see any animal.

Couldn't see much of what must be beautiful country for all of the clouds. They are a great effect to break out of but shouldn't be the focus of the entire video. Great music match, though.

Reactions: OOO and WV. Rootman
I get real wrapped up in your videos. I felt like I was there, feeling the sense of rugged mountains and the sky. Music was great.

My wife agrees with post #4. (She is real critical) She wanted to see more of the lake. She thought, too much clouds and wanted it to lead to something else.

Reactions: David Cooke and OOO
man that was just fantastic! Spectacular job with the editing- especially the time ramping in clouds - excellent music choice- I was so wrapped up in how well video was put together didn’t really compare land/cloud time- just great

p.s. did your obstacle avoidance beep you in those clouds? It happened to me once

Thank you all for the comments and feedback!

Couldn't see much of what must be beautiful country for all of the clouds. They are a great effect to break out of but shouldn't be the focus of the entire video.
My wife agrees with post #4. (She is real critical) She wanted to see more of the lake. She thought, too much clouds and wanted it to lead to something else.

I agree! There are two main reasons why you see too much cloud shots in this video.
1) I spent 14 days alone in these mountains and I've done more than 80 flights during this period. Only 2 dasy were without fog/cloud. In other days the fog was so thick that it was impossible to see what was around. For the most of the time If you could see 20 feet in front of you you were lucky! Thus, there was very little time to film the landscape.
2) For this video I intentially selected the footage with sunset/sunrise and fast moving clouds. Because the emotions I felt while shooting this video were love, separation, loneliness and stress...

p.s. did your obstacle avoidance beep you in those clouds? It happened to me once
Yes, sometimes it beeps when fliying through the fog/clouds and towards the sun. Thus, I always turn OA and VPS off when fliying in tight spots, through the fog/clouds and towards the sun.

I have 600 GB of raw footage form these locations. I'll put more landscape footage in my next video.

Last edited:
You expressed your feelings well. I wish I could have done what you did. It gives me greater perspective and brings me closer to God. I used to do though things. It took a while for my wife to get use to me being away so long in the mountains. She knew I came back a better man really refreshed. I felt more at home in nature than around the indifference of man. Unfortunately I can’t do that anymore with my health issues. Now, welcome back to the real world.

Reactions: Lo-Rider and OOO
Wow! It's a fantastic video! Indeed one of the most wonderful video I have ever seen. I have enjoyed every second of it so I cannot critique nothing about it. On it can be saw the care you have put selecting scenes, music and editing.

Wow! It's a fantastic video! Indeed one of the most wonderful video I have ever seen. I have enjoyed every second of it so I cannot critique nothing about it. On it can be saw the care you have put selecting scenes, music and editing.

Thank you so much my friend! To be able to fly above the clouds I had to climb those mountains. For the most of the time my launching spots were above the fog/cloud levels. I must say it was really hard to carry P4P, in addition to regular multi-day backpack, to the top of the mountains. But at the end it was worth it. Again many thanks for the kind words!

Thank you! I watched it several times but didn't see any animal.
I have watched Departure several more times but also can not duplicate what my minds eye saw the first time I watched it. Must have been these old eyes playing tricks on me. Showed it to a few people over the weekend and heard nothing but rave comments. I think the video and it's clouds portray the emotions you were feeling with uncanny accuracy. Again, thanks for sharing. You sir,have a winner.

Yeah man. I was absorbed into it. I loved the clouds, and although they may obscure parts of the ground, they do serve to enhance the reality of flight.

Hi Everyone,

I spent two weeks alone in the mountains of Black Sea region of Turkey. All shots were taken with P4P (more than 80 flights) during this period. I learned a lot from your critics. Thus, please criticize me as hard as you can.

Thanks,

Please watch in 4K.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I’d like to watch in 4K on my TV. But need the YouTube link.

Thank you. YouTube link

Thank you.

Thank you.
Are you kidding me? I am totally stunned by this. Nearly speechless. I feel like I want to just sell my stuff now because you’ve done it all already. :). Seriously though. I’m enraptured by this. Serious talent. Not only flying and planning your flights, but also the post production. I bow to your prowess. ;-))

Reactions: OOO and Brockrock
Thank you for this nice comment. Did you watch it on 4K TV? I'm curious how the video looks on a 4K TV (I don't own one).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.