Deciding on Phantom 2 Vision+ (Plus), got questions!

soamz said:
Like in India, we have trees trees and trees only.

Should we only fly in open fields ?

Thats a good way to start with any new gadget thats airborne.
You need to build up experience, your brain has to do it in automated mode and that takes time.
So a tree standing in the way when that gray mass between the ears goes out of service is not something thats funny.

Okay, so better to buy from Amazon or DJI website itself ?

I guess, there is some offer somewhere with free 2 batteries ?

Apart from P2 Vision+ , do I need to buy anything else ? Like any other addon ?

I will get Phantom Plus Vision + only.

Please let me know where can I find best offer.

soamz said:
I will get Phantom Plus Vision + only.

Please let me know where can I find best offer.

Where are you located? India?

B&H Photo is a good place to buy and they ship international. DSLRPros is supposed to be good too. Others will chime in with their favorite dealers as well.

I will buy from USA, as Im traveling now.

So, where ever any good deal or offer is there, I will buy it.

B&H deal comes with 2 extra batteries ?

soamz said:
What is difference between the normal battery and the smart battery ?
There is no normal battery. Not for the Phantom 2 anyway.
The original Phantom had a standard LiPo battery. That required a smart charger to charge properly.

The Phantom 2 "Smart Battery" has the smart charger built in so the included charger is just a simple power supply.
It also allows you to turn the Phantom on and off without unplugging the battery the way you have to with most RC flyers.

Okay, if we buy s smart battery, we dont need to buy an extra battery charger ?

soamz said:
Okay, if we buy s smart battery, we dont need to buy an extra battery charger ?
You'll get a charger with the Phantom. It's up to you if you want another one to charge two batteries at once.
The charger is a simple dumb 12v power supply with the proprietary Phantom 2 power connector and it get's pretty hot when charging. I think it's a bit underpowered.

You will want two at least. It takes about an hour and a half to charge one after being fully flown. I started with 2, now I have 4. That is about right for me

Okay so better to buy phantom + extra battery package ?

So not buying smart battery ?

B+H has a 2 battery with a charger combo for a slight discount. So I picked that up after getting 2 batts w the phantom

I like this box better. You can custom design the cutouts to place your bird where you want it. By arranging it with the Phantom in the center there is enough room to leave the props on. It has a good review on Irixguy channel.

Attachments

• case from I.jpg
    case from I.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 271

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20