Dead Battery at 47%

Reaction score
Normal flight with my P3S today , checking app after updating to 3.1.23 , landed with 47% showing in the app and on AirData as well , now the battery will not turn on at all , no red led , is it dead ? any thoughts

Normal flight with my P3S today , checking app after updating to 3.1.23 , landed with 47% showing in the app and on AirData as well , now the battery will not turn on at all , no red led , is it dead ? any thoughts
The voltage it was delivering is much more important than the % indication.
Was the battery at 100% when launched or partially discharged?
You'll see a lot more information if you go to:
DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.

Press and hold the battery button until it shows remaining life level.

So it's an aftermarket battery from Banggood. You know what the going joke is, don't you? When your AC goes down, it's gonna BANG GOOD!

If you're sure you want to continue using it, you might put it on the charger, and then try to turn the battery on. If it still doesn't do anything, I would happily retire it if I was you.

So it's an aftermarket battery from Banggood. You know what the going joke is, don't you? When your AC goes down, it's gonna BANG GOOD!

If you're sure you want to continue using it, you might put it on the charger, and then try to turn the battery on. If it still doesn't do anything, I would happily retire it if I was you.
Tried charging it , tried pressing power button and then connecting to charger --- nothing , I think it died the moment I powered off my P3S , probably just the control board --- cells are probably ok , was a perfectly performing battery until today , only had a couple of flights on it , was a " free " battery from Bangood -- lost in the mail , refunded and then showed up about 3 months after ordered so no great loss

how long do I leave it on the charger to determine if it is dead , it's a PH3 battery from Banggood , September 2017
I have a PH3 and it appears that DJI newest firmware is bricking them. I flew on the first one for 10 mins no issues. After that it would not power back on. The company sent me a another new PH3 battery. I put it in the P3S and when I powered it on, my iPad popup and said there was a battery firmware for it, this time I did not install it. Flew for 7 mins, landed, powered off and that was it. I've opened both cases and the batteries are still charged but the board is dead. I understand everyone else that say only use DJI batteries. But that should be up to the user and if DJI wants to say if you use Non-DJI batteries it voids any warranty then it's up to the user. It's crazy to pay $150 for a drone that cost $400 (refurb) or $500 new.

I think I've flown with my other non DJI battery on the latest firmware without ant problems , haven't flown much lately due to work , anyway I ordered a DJI battery from Besybuy -- black Friday deal for $130 cad. , way better than the normal $220 cad , and have recycled the dead one .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers