DBS mod is terrible

Reaction score
i bough my debs antenna from DBS mods and my video feed as gone from great before the mod to unviewable after the mod. i was little distorted at first but after 3 days of flying i can't make out any image on my monitor now. to say the least I'm pissed. I've sent 3 emails to the company and have not had any response . don't do this mod. not worth it.

I've tried several times to contact them but no responce. If anyone has a phone number for dbs mods in Florida I'd love to get it so I can call them.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your setup. Please give them a chance to reply to you before you condemn them. A lot of people have great success with DBS. I'm sure they will sort it out for you.

Reactions: dirkclod
so they suggest my range extender is burnt out. I've checked my wires before and just checked agin and all looks connected . any suggestions on how to test if the wires are connected right or if antenna is working properly?

Are they sending you a new one?

FYI - Keep in mind you should never power up the system without antennas as it can burn it up. So never use it or test it without them on.

Are they sending you a new one?

FYI - Keep in mind you should never power up the system without antennas as it can burn it up. So never use it or test it without them on.
this is their reply.

It's difficult for me to diagnose from the description and because I didn't do the install myself.

Parts of your description sounds like one of the wires in the range extender got kinked or bent too far , or the u.fl connector metal shield is contacting the wifi module cover.

Then you say it is getting worse after more flights, sounds like a cable isn't connected at all and the radio is burning itself out running with no 50 ohm load from an attached antenna... have you been powering on the extender without any antennas attached at any time?

I've checked all the connections all seem ok. also i tired the bird on this morning and the video is not as bad as when i turned it off a few days ago but distorted still like when i first installed the antenna. the other strang thing is that i don't get any better distance either on the remote or video, and everyone else says that get great result with this mod. hoping they give more help here but looks like ill be waiting thru the weekend now.

Very unsatisfied. I read very mixed reviews on different forums . For me it didn't increase my range and made the video feed poor. I even second guessed my self and bought another range extender new and re did the install making sure I did every thing right. No crushed wires, never turned on with out antenna connected no damage to internal parts of the extender. And yet still no crazy long range flight and poor picture on three different devices , my andriod, my wife's iPhone and a iPhone mini. Worse part is DBS never followed up with me and won't respond to my emails and I can't seem to find a number to call and talk to a person.

Reactions: williamjamesfpv
Reactions: dirkclod
Very unsatisfied. I read very mixed reviews on different forums . For me it didn't increase my range and made the video feed poor. I even second guessed my self and bought another range extender new and re did the install making sure I did every thing right. No crushed wires, never turned on with out antenna connected no damage to internal parts of the extender. And yet still no crazy long range flight and poor picture on three different devices , my andriod, my wife's iPhone and a iPhone mini. Worse part is DBS never followed up with me and won't respond to my emails and I can't seem to find a number to call and talk to a person.

@Doug Porter - I'm sorry to hear about your experience. The worst thing is investing your trust in a company/product and then not getting the support you paid for. This is exceptionally sad considering that DBS knows that when we take on such risks, we are effectively voiding our warranty. Honestly, I was going to put in my DBS order today... but now I think I'm going to hold off. Thank you so much for the heads up, and I hope you can get a hold of someone by phone soon. As a paying customer, you should not be getting this kind of run around. Wish you the best of luck, and if I manager to find a contact phone number for them, I'll be sure to pass it on your way. Liked your post! :)

I have to disagree that it terrible! I have tried every antenna combo for p2v+ and couldnt get past 10,000 ft.
I got the itelite panel and now can hover around at 13-15.
I use the itelite for the wi-fi , have had no luck with the 5.8 end . So i use a 5.8 helical for that. Sorry for those that r having trouble but for me and my friends its a winner!

I installed a DBS on my P3P. I fly in an area that is totally covered by 30' tall trees so my range won't be as far as in a clear field. Before the max range I got was 4100 feet. Today I flew and got 7000 feet in the same area with the DBS. When I lost signal once I turned my bird 180 degrees and flew backwards and actually got a lot better signal strangely enough. When I first installed the antenna I didn't get much out of it until I tightened the hell out of the connections. I think that good connections are really important. Don't laugh at my range, remember that I am flying behind trees.

Can you not revert back to factory state and see if it is the DBS causing the issue

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl