Date and Time Stamp wrong on P4P?

Reaction score
Think I saw someone else had this with their new P4P. I just dumped my first card from mine and noticed that the date is for yesterday and time is wrong too. Where is this set?

Was just about to comment as well. My date is wrong for movies. Shows as correct month and day but 1950. Time is correct. Photos are fine.

Just did the firmware update and used a fresh SD card which I formatted in the drone.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
As I noted in the other thread I had the same problem until I reset the time under the standard Android settings (meaning I changed the system time to some odd value and then reset it back to the current time.) Since I did that my flight log time stamps have been correct.

As I noted in the other thread I had the same problem until I reset the time under the standard Android settings (meaning I changed the system time and then reset it back to correct.) After I did that my flight log time stamps have been correct.
I am an Ipad guy so is this diff than Android settings?

I am an Ipad guy so is this diff than Android settings?
Really? That's interesting and odd if there was the same bug in both Android and iOS. I guess I'd try the same thing, go into the OS time settings and then set and reset, nothing to lose.

Really? That's interesting and odd if there was the same bug in both Android and iOS. I guess I'd try the same thing, go into the OS time settings and then set and reset, nothing to lose.
You mean actually reset the time of my ipad? Or is it a setting in the GoApp?

I mean reset the time of the iPad. I don't think there's any separate setting in the DJI GO app.
Your a genius man. I had never set my ipad time I don't guess unless it got changed to Cupertino time wherever that is. LOL. All good now.

Reactions: Fskew
Both P4P's I've had were off on the date/time by many hours even though the tablet was right on the money. My new P4P is showing file date/time that is pretty much exactly 16 hours late. That is, when I take a picture at, say, 11:23PM MST on 09Dec16 and my tablet correctly displays that time the image and video files are showing 7:23AM on 09Dec16. I tried changing the data on my Android tablet then changing it back so it is correct and that did nothing to fix the problem. If someone has a fix how about a more detailed procedure and not simply reset the date -- that did not work for me.

Brian

Changing the time on the iPad did not fix my problem. Videos still show correct month, day and time but year is stuck at 1950

Changing the time on the iPad did not fix my problem. Videos still show correct month, day and time but year is stuck at 1950
Hmmm! Guess I better check my vid files after I set my ipad time correctly. I have shot any new clips since I did that. Just thought would be it for sure in my case.

Who is the brave soul that wants to tell DJI about this and get the same old response of we need a screen shot?

Both P4P's I've had were off on the date/time by many hours even though the tablet was right on the money. My new P4P is showing file date/time that is pretty much exactly 16 hours late. That is, when I take a picture at, say, 11:23PM MST on 09Dec16 and my tablet correctly displays that time the image and video files are showing 7:23AM on 09Dec16. I tried changing the data on my Android tablet then changing it back so it is correct and that did nothing to fix the problem. If someone has a fix how about a more detailed procedure and not simply reset the date -- that did not work for me.

Brian
I was having the same issue too. I ended up using a different memory card. That solved the problem.

In addition to the date/time bug the Go 4 app also has some bugs as well. I have the grid with two vertical and two horizontal bars the break the video into thirds which is useful for checking the horizon tilt and staying within the rule of thirds and I also have the target marker in the center of the screen which is useful for aiming and knowing if you're moving right or left of center, but every once in a while they'll disappear and I have to go turn them off and on again for them to re-appear.

Brian

Yes, I should note that I was seeing two problems, one was an incorrect date and time on the flight logs recorded in the P4P+ flight log utility and the other is the time stamp problem you are noting. Alas, resetting the OS date only fixed the first problem for me, but I am still seeing incorrect timestamps on captured video and photos, just like you. At first I thought the timestamps were maybe in GMT, but no. I can't make any sense of them, they are off by some odd number of hours. Hopefully the bug will be fixed soon, my guess is that the correct local time correction is not being sent to the P4P from DJI GO so the internal clock in the P4P is off. The DJI GO 4 app seems to be extensively re-written and there sure are a lot of regression errors.

Yes, I should note that I was seeing two problems, one was an incorrect date and time on the flight logs recorded in the P4P+ flight log utility and the other is the time stamp problem you are noting. Alas, resetting the OS date only fixed the first problem for me, but I am still seeing incorrect timestamps on captured video and photos, just like you. At first I thought the timestamps were maybe in GMT, but no. I can't make any sense of them, they are off by some odd number of hours. Hopefully the bug will be fixed soon, my guess is that the correct local time correction is not being sent to the P4P from DJI GO so the internal clock in the P4P is off. The DJI GO 4 app seems to be extensively re-written and there sure are a lot of regression errors.

The files from today are 16 hours off (late) just as the test shots were last night. I used a new uSD card, the Sandisk 128GB Extreme Plus card that BB had for $79. The three flights I made today totaling just under 59 minutes ate up 41GB so it would have fit on a 64GB card but my fear is that I'll rush to get in another flight and not know the 64GB card is marginal for a 4th flight. Also, two of the batteries I used are the older P4 batteries and I got a bit of 18 minutes out of them while landing at 28% and 24% -- the one high capacity battery that came with the P4P gave me over 22 minutes and I landed at 27%. So, I definitely want to get 2-3 more of the Part 64 batteries, but when I do then 3 flights is all you can fit on a 64GB card so the 128GB will give me more headroom in case I forget to swap it during the day.

Brian

The files from today are 16 hours off (late) just as the test shots were last night. I used a new uSD card, the Sandisk 128GB Extreme Plus card that BB had for $79. The three flights I made today totaling just under 59 minutes ate up 41GB so it would have fit on a 64GB card but my fear is that I'll rush to get in another flight and not know the 64GB card is marginal for a 4th flight. Also, two of the batteries I used are the older P4 batteries and I got a bit of 18 minutes out of them while landing at 28% and 24% -- the one high capacity battery that came with the P4P gave me over 22 minutes and I landed at 27%. So, I definitely want to get 2-3 more of the Part 64 batteries, but when I do then 3 flights is all you can fit on a 64GB card so the 128GB will give me more headroom in case I forget to swap it during the day.

Brian
Hey Brian, have you figured out a way to fix this date time stamp on the still images from the P4P? I thought changing my ipad time back and forth had fixed it but it has not. Mine is off 16 hours too!

Reactions: Fskew

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers