DatCon and CsvView work for P4 .DAT files

Reaction score
DatCon and CsvView now both work for P4 .DAT files. To obtain a copy of DatCon 2.4.0 go here. A copy of CsvView 1.0.0 can be obtained here. DatCon is a beta version. CsvView should be reasonably stable. If you encounter errors with either DatCon 2.4.0 or CsvView 1.0.0 please post them here.

To retrieve a P4 .DAT file use DJI Assistant 2 and go to the Flight Record tab. After confirming that it's OK to put the P4 in Flight Data mode a list containing the recent flights will appear. Select just the Flight Control File of the incident flight and then press Save To Local. Ultimately a file with a name something like DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE[2016-10-27 22-40-28].DAT will be created. This is the file that gets loaded into DatCon or CsvView.

Presently, the following fields are missing; 1) smart battery info, 2) control stick info, and 3) motor data. Documentation on this can be found at the bottom of .csv Column Descriptions

I don't own a P4. If someone could provide me with a P4 .DAT and it's corresponding .txt (from the Go App) that would allow me to find some more fields.

Also, if someone could volunteer to perform a test to obtain the motor data that would help. Check out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
to see what it would entail. PM me if you're interested in doing this.

Reactions: kingkong90210
Thank you Rowland (BudWalker) for long hours and dedication you put into these two tools.

This weekend was my 1st chance of using these with both a .csv and .dat files for the Mavic. Like always, both DatCon and CsvView worked great.

Thanks again...

-Frank

There is a new version of DatCon. Version 2.4.2 can be obtained by downloading it from here. This version fixes the bug encountered after having used DJI Assistant 2 v 1.0.8. There are some other changes as well as some bug fixes.

A new version of CsvView with a fix for the DJI Assistant 2 problem will be put later today.

There is a new version of CsvView. Version 1.0.3 can be obtained by going here to download it. This version fixes the bug that would occur when using V.1.0.8 of the DJI Assistant 2. There are other bug fixes as well as some new features.

Also available is the Mac version at the bottom of the list of downloads. I've not tried it since I don't have a Mac. After unzipping the download file use the RIGHT mouse button on CsvView.1.0.3.jar. Please lemme know how it works if you try this

DJI Assistant 2 version 1.0.9 (2017-01-05) is much easier to use than previous versions. It's also different. Go here to see how to use it to retrieve a .DAT file.

Also with V.1.0.9 there is a Data Viewer that accepts .DAT files. I haven't been able to get it to work but it seems to want to do some of the things CsvView does. You might want to try it.

A bug has been discovered in the latest DatCon (version 2.4.2). This bug appears when version 2.4.2 is the first DatCon to be installed. I.e., if a previous version of DatCon has been installed and ran there shouldn't be a problem.

If DatCon 2.4.2. is the first to be installed then it will crash the first, second, and third time it is run. The 4th run and thereafter should be fine.

There is a new version of CsvView/DatCon. This new version has some new features as well as bug fixes. If you get a chance try out the MagData Player. The new versions can be obtained here CsvView and here DatCon. Both versions are a beta that will turn into a non-beta versions in a few days if there are no problems.

There is a new version of CsvView/DatCon. This new version has some new features as well as bug fixes. If you get a chance try out the MagData Player. The new versions can be obtained here CsvView and here DatCon. Both versions are a beta that will turn into a non-beta versions in a few days if there are no problems.
Can someone here please take a moment and help the mentally challenged. I can't get either DATCON or CsvView to run on a computer running win10 pro v1703. In all this effort, I have reinstalled Win 10 on a new drive, have the latest version of both programs, both 32 and 64 bit Java runtime. But nothing I do will get either of these programs working. When I install CsvView, it goes through the motions right down to the end where I select open and after that absolutely nothing happens. With Datcon, it does the same thing but with this one, a desktop icon will appear but when I finish it and select to open, SAME THING. Nothing happens. CsvView did ask me to install the 64 bit Java, which I did.
Of course, this computer is my best up to date super blaster with an I7 processor, 16gb memory, 240gb SSD, 2TB data drive and a 24in monitor.
Sitting next to it is an old ASUS 10in notebook that runs both of these program without a hitch:confused: The notebook runs win10 home v1607. Maybe the answer is to connect the 24in monitor to the notebook and forget this other computer.

I would be most grateful for any hints
Kentm

Can someone here please take a moment and help the mentally challenged. I can't get either DATCON or CsvView to run on a computer running win10 pro v1703. In all this effort, I have reinstalled Win 10 on a new drive, have the latest version of both programs, both 32 and 64 bit Java runtime. But nothing I do will get either of these programs working. When I install CsvView, it goes through the motions right down to the end where I select open and after that absolutely nothing happens. With Datcon, it does the same thing but with this one, a desktop icon will appear but when I finish it and select to open, SAME THING. Nothing happens. CsvView did ask me to install the 64 bit Java, which I did.
Of course, this computer is my best up to date super blaster with an I7 processor, 16gb memory, 240gb SSD, 2TB data drive and a 24in monitor.
Sitting next to it is an old ASUS 10in notebook that runs both of these program without a hitch:confused: The notebook runs win10 home v1607. Maybe the answer is to connect the 24in monitor to the notebook and forget this other computer.

I would be most grateful for any hints
Kentm
In your home directory there will be a log file for each; .csvViewLog and .dotdat. Could you provide those please. You can copy the contents of those two files into a post or you could zip them and attach to a post. You can also email these to [email protected].

What version of CsvView and DatCon are you trying to use?

Thank you so much for the reply. CsvView is v1.1.0 and DATCON is v2.3.0.
I found the two files you mention but I am not sure how to open them or include them here.
I will email them to you.
KentM

Thank you so much for the reply. CsvView is v1.1.0 and DATCON is v2.3.0.
I found the two files you mention but I am not sure how to open them or include them here.
I will email them to you.
KentM
I figured out to open them and here is the CsvViewLog
Version 1.1.0
InstallDir C:\Program Files\CsvView\
MSG: Created working Dir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir
MSG: Created working Dir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir\temp
MSG: Created working Dir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir\datPlayers
MSG: Created working Dir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir\datMPPlayers
MSG: Created working Dir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir\datP4Players
MSG: Created working Dir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir\datP4PPlayers
MSG: Created working Dir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir\datI2Players
MSG: Created working Dir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir\txtPlayers
MSG: Created working Dir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir\litchiPlayers
MSG: Created working Dir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir\fpvPlayers
MSG: Created working Dir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir\autologicPlayers
WorkingDir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir
TempDir C:\Users\merke\.CsvViewDir\temp
TXTlogToCSVtool Exists?: C:\Program Files\CsvView\executables\TXTlogToCSVtool

and the .dotdat shows that I told you the wrong version but here is the file

Version 2.4.6

I am in the process of comparing those files with the working computer...

Thanks
Kentm

Further comparison between the two computers shows that the installation on the new computer is not creating the folders in the "ProgramFiles" nor "Programfiles(X86)" folders. I just now downloaded all the files from the website and will try the latest versions to see what happens.

Further comparison between the two computers shows that the installation on the new computer is not creating the folders in the "ProgramFiles" nor "Programfiles(X86)" folders. I just now downloaded all the files from the website and will try the latest versions to see what happens.
Check your email. I responded earlier to your email to [email protected]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31