damaged

Reaction score
My P4 was ran over by a car while just on the edge of road on the left side. I was trying to adjust software and car was approaching. I yelled stop and waved my hands. He didn't stop and my drone went under his car.

His insurance company has denied the claim. they say it was in the road and he didn't see it. He was driving West I was on the opposite side. Have Airdata showing my location.

What should I do?

Speaking with over 25 years handling property and casualtly claims.... make arrangements to have your Phantom repaired or replaced and pay the bill. Be thankful that you don't need to address any damage to the vehicle.

Roadways are for vehicle's.. not for leaving personal property on them and hoping that a vehicle is not using the road. If you were not close enough to the Phantom in time to remove it once you saw the vehicle, you left it unattended on the roadway.

Speaking with over 25 years handling property and casualtly claims.... make arrangements to have your Phantom repaired or replaced and pay the bill. Be thankful that you don't need to address any damage to the vehicle.

Roadways are for vehicle's.. not for leaving personal property on them and hoping that a vehicle is not using the road. If you were not close enough to the Phantom in time to remove it once you saw the vehicle, you left it unattended on the roadway.
I am thankful that he didn't run over me. I was about to try to pick it up but I could see he wasn't stopping. I guess it comes to "care, custody, and control". he was going about 5mph, easily brake, and was on the wrong side of the road. Maybe his dark wrap around sunglasses blinded him and he would be in his 80's, reflexes were not working. God only knows why he didn't stop.

Always good to fly with cones where you take off and land and a reflective vest when on the road, plus if I am doing DroneBase Pannos, people ask less questions.

Roads are for cars, poor judgement. Why would you even put your drone at risk by placing it on a roadway? Totally agree with tcope.

Sorry mate but no sympathy... It's like me pulling up a chair and sun bathing in the middle of the freeway hoping no one will hit me. Why did you do that on the road of all places?

drone data 9_14 earth diag.JPG
AIR DATA SEPT14 2017.JPG
It was a deadend street condo house. Not a roadway. This is airdata info. I was more in the driveway than the road. The car came acroosed the road, like he wanted to run me over.

your drone had no business any where a car driving would stand the chance of a collision.they have the ultimate right of way. no matter how you try to justify it .

Last edited:
Reactions: snowghost

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl