Crystal Sky and Mavic Air

Reaction score
I am trying to get to the bottom of whether I can use the 5.5” CS with a Mavic Air. Leo at DJI’s on-line chat system says it can be used but not recommended because they’re still working out some issues. Has anyone tried this combo and found a problem?

I use it and have zero issues.
Here is the solution I found for mounting as I wanted to use the quick disconnect because I also use the CS on another drone.

Attachments

• a25.jpg
    a25.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 587
  • a26.jpg
    a26.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 626
  • a27.jpg
    a27.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 642
Leo at DJI’s on-line chat system says it can be used but not recommended
Be very careful with the DJI chat system or the DJI forums itself. A very high percentage of the time most of these individuals are not very knowledgeable at all about their own products, specifically an aircraft or RC. I think you will find that you get far more accurate advice and other information around here. Most ( If not all of us) around here are actual flyers with real information. Just a point for you to consider.

Thanks, guys! I was wondering about the DJI chat info. Dude told me you can’t do it then sent another message saying it will work but might have problems. Hey, AeroMirage, got a link to where I can buy that mount?

Dude told me you can’t do it then sent another message saying it will work but might have problems.
You may get similar answers here as well, however you will get explanations and probably more information than you need. Personally, I can't advise on your particular topic other than what I said earlier. Sooner rather than later, you will have an answer that you can consider.

Thanks, guys! I was wondering about the DJI chat info. Dude told me you can’t do it then sent another message saying it will work but might have problems. Hey, AeroMirage, got a link to where I can buy that mount?

Mavic Pro Crystal Sky Mounting Bracket (5-7 Day Processing Time) - FlyHighUSA

It ain't cheap, but it is very well made and works well. Only improvement I made was to install a few nylon ty-wraps on it to keep it tight to the RC. I never remove it as my case holds it with the CS mounted.

Attachments

• a33.jpg
    a33.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 516
I am trying to get to the bottom of whether I can use the 5.5” CS with a Mavic Air. Leo at DJI’s on-line chat system says it can be used but not recommended because they’re still working out some issues. Has anyone tried this combo and found a problem?

I Use The Crystal Sky On A DJI Matrice 210, & While The Display Quality Is Phenomenal, It Prevents Me From Using The Available Intelligent Flight Modes.

I Know You’re Asking About The Mavic Air, But I Thought I’d Pass My Matrice Experience On To You In Case The Mavic Air Has The Same Issues With The Crystal Sky.

Nice case, mind me asking where you got it?

I designed it then had GPC make it for me. I was tired of having to constantly fold / unfold the drone. This gives me faster deployment. I can be in the air 30-45 seconds after arriving to a shoot. Plus way less wear and tear on the moving parts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues