Crooked Gimbal Problem....

Reaction score
Hi! I've had some ongoing problems with my gimbal... Sometimes I'll turn my phantom on and the gimbal will function perfectly fine, but sometimes it will tilt to the side during a flight... Nothing drives me crazy more than crooked video... Anyhow, my gimbal will also sometimes make clicking sounds and "skip" right after I turn it on then quits about 30 seconds later... Is there anything that I can try? Please help? Thanks guys...

Not sure if this is it or will fix it, but make sure the set screw at the top of the gimbal arm is tight against the flat part of the D shaft coming out of the bottom of the gimbal base. Also, in the app there is a gimbal calibration tool if you haven't run that?

Not sure if this is it or will fix it, but make sure the set screw at the top of the gimbal arm is tight against the flat part of the D shaft coming out of the bottom of the gimbal base. Also, in the app there is a gimbal calibration tool if you haven't run that?

Alright I haven't looked for the screw yet, but, in the app I can't find "Gimbal Calibration" anywhere... Please note that I'm using the DJI Vision application and NOT the DJI Pilot application...

First check the cable connections to the gimbal make sure they are all push in good and are solidly connected. Start there.

If the tilt is 1 or 2 degs then you need to plug into a PC/Mac and do an advance calibration.
Do on a perfectly levelled surface (use spirit/bubble level).
Do it when phantom has NOT been flown for an hour.
Do it Immediately when the phantom is powered on.
if you do it right, the Adv Calibration will not show the temp warning and it will be done in 1 minute. Finding a levelled surface helps with yaw and gimbal tilt issues.

If the tilt is more than 2 degs than you may have a roll/pitch motor problem.

Ok so I've taken a few of your guys' suggestions and the gimbal is currently perfectly straight... Hopefully it stays that way, I'm going to try to be really careful with it... Fingers crossed...

Reactions: Bag1
Hi I just ordered a P3 pro and I'm afraid this will happen to me, because it drives me crazy. Have you had any issues since? Hope not.
thx

Hi I just ordered a P3 pro and I'm afraid this will happen to me, because it drives me crazy. Have you had any issues since? Hope not.
thx

Ok so really the best thing that I think you can do is keep the gimbal clamp on at all times except during flight... Be VERY gentle while taking the clamp on and off... The gimbal is a super fragile thing and if you're careful with it you should be fine.

Reactions: Bag1

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.