Critically low voltage warning

Reaction score
I got my drone second-hand about a month ago and it came with 5 batteries. It is a phantom 3 Advanced and 2 of the batteries had been charged 27 and 33 times. The other three had only been charged once, once and 5 times. Those three all worked fine. I tried to fly with the two older batteries today but both times I flew it up I got a critically low voltage warning and the drone auto-landed. Both of these batteries were at about 60% charge (I hadn't charged him for ages so they auto-discharged). I checked the voltage from the controller but it looked all fine (All green). Does anyone know anything about this?

I tried to fly with the two older batteries today but both times I flew it up I got a critically low voltage warning and the drone auto-landed.
Both of these batteries were at about 60% charge (I hadn't charged him for ages so they auto-discharged). I checked the voltage from the controller but it looked all fine (All green). Does anyone know anything about this?
The % battery indicator is not a good indication of the actual voltage, particularly when you are using partially discharged batteries.
There's a good reason that DJI tells you to always have a fully charged battery.
You can see the actual voltage and how far it dropped by going to:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

The % battery indicator is not a good indication of the actual voltage, particularly when you are using partially discharged batteries.
There's a good reason that DJI tells you to always have a fully charged battery.
You can see the actual voltage and how far it dropped by going to:
DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
I recently flew my P3P a few weeks after previously fully charging both batteries. Charge indicators showed less than full but voltage was fine. about thirty seconds after takeoff I received a low voltage alert. I promptly turned around to return home at full speed. Progress was being monitored on my iPad and before I realized it was forcing a landing it drove straight into heavy tree branches shearing the camera off completely as well as other damage. Being a low time drone pilot (many hours of RC heli time) my question is why is there no warning of eminent landing, in which case I wouldn't have tried to get home first? The drone is probably a total loss due to cost effective repairs considered. Sad because body is completely intact. Might need one motor but the camera and gimbal costs will likely be too expensive.
TIA
Carl

I recently flew my P3P a few weeks after previously fully charging both batteries. Charge indicators showed less than full but voltage was fine. about thirty seconds after takeoff I received a low voltage alert. I promptly turned around to return home at full speed. Progress was being monitored on my iPad and before I realized it was forcing a landing it drove straight into heavy tree branches shearing the camera off completely as well as other damage. Being a low time drone pilot (many hours of RC heli time) my question is why is there no warning of eminent landing, in which case I wouldn't have tried to get home first?
Are you sure the voltage was fine?
Post a link to your flight data on Phantomhelp so we can see what happened.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31