Critically low battery landing, why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well dispite the great view yes you made yourself look irresponsible and broke rules that we cant
This does make you look bad for drone pilots
What's the purpose of this flight--fun and games,it had no real purpose, remember planes can come out of nowhere, what if it done the worst and wind carry it off somewhere, terminal velocity of a brick be pretty dangerous,,who cares if it was over water,seems you know the rules but flaunt them cause everything is illegal there and no one cares,probably lucky no one report you,lots of eyes on this forum,,
As for flying over houses it does make a few unhappy and always a risk of major like errors that shut your drone off in flight which myself and others have experienced first hand,,my p4 only freefall from 72ft and smashed concrete roof tiles on my own house luckily but goes to show things can go bad..also you not following rules of flight sets bad example since you dont want to give drone pilots a bad name,you have achieved that by showing a flight that breaks all the rules and for the world to see..I'm no drone police and cant tell you what to do but dont put others at risk for your enjoyment, your sort of lucky it autoland and not drift away with high winds that rth cant fight,man be careful ay,,I respect all but yes slight moan at you,sorry for that but your flight shows lot of risk and to get your drone back is a fluke,take care out there ?
You are right in all you say and I am sorry for the mishap with your drone. I have responded to Andy9 above and mentioned the reasons for my flight, maybe that will make you judge me a little less negative. Fly safely !

I must admit that when you see an image like this from "up there", it's sorely tempting...................?????

You are right in all you say and I am sorry for the mishap with your drone. I have responded to Andy9 above and mentioned the reasons for my flight, maybe that will make you judge me a little less negative. Fly safely !
#21 is ist mention of your flight purpose though didnt have to go to space to do it
Negative, mate I think your cool but broke basic laws of flight, what would you do as a aircraft pilot if you seen a drone outside you wing,it be all over the news
Yes I try have good day and same to you ,,;)

Reactions: skymonkey
With the battery at 69% and a voltage of 3.74 my phantom 3 Pro decided to land. Problem is that it was 4500 feet in altitude and above water. Due to the sun rising I could not see it until he was only 350 feet from me. As they always do with me, when they decide to go for 'RTH' or 'Landing' they report signal lost in the first seconds after deciding to do their own stint anyway. The good thing is that, although the wind was some 7 - 8 knots at surface, probably stronger higher up, he kept the horizontal position and although I had the boat ready to intercept him I could steer him into my wife's hands and slow him down for an easy catch. Here is the video from the drone's perspective, of course the thriller is in the last 10 seconds.

Does anybody know the parameters that trigger critically low battery landing ? I only know the 10% figure and have seen them land with defective batteries at 3.4 volts even just 5 seconds after take-off with a 'full' battery. Did not expect this to happen in this situation, was actually more prepared for a RTH action. Actually he decided he wanted to land when the green segment of the battery control bar disappeared. What I also would like to know is if anybody else has experienced loss of signal right after the drone decides to go home or emergency land. In this particular situation I had perfect control and video going up all the way, recaptured signal only after a loooong while ! Do they do it on purpose ?

You could of asked your questions without posting video. Your video encourages others to do the same. Your justifications for your actions in this lawless town do not make this acceptable to the majority in the aviation community.
The Mods should take down the video as it encourages others to do the same.

You could of asked your questions without posting video. Your video encourages others to do the same. Your justifications for your actions in this lawless town do not make this acceptable to the majority in the aviation community.
I think I have to agree with that since we where told the best action is last 10 seconds where the hand catch happens,,hopefully the log will arrive to see what happen but yeh the clips been there long enough for those to watch,,mayby it is time to remove it to prevent copycat flyers having a go..............
So I'm a wet paper bag,who cares,funs over on this flight

Got it, edited the post. Hope that now I might get some answers to the questions that moved me to post here, cause I still have no clue why DJI drones behave like this.

I think I have to agree with that since we where told the best action is last 10 seconds where the hand catch happens,,hopefully the log will arrive to see what happen but yeh the clips been there long enough for those to watch,,mayby it is time to remove it to prevent copycat flyers having a go..............
So I'm a wet paper bag,who cares,funs over on this flight
Thanks again for your hint. I removed the video and edited the text ... still hope to read some interesting thoughts about why the drone would decide to land with the battery almost full.

Thanks again for your hint. I removed the video and edited the text ... still hope to read some interesting thoughts about why the drone would decide to land with the battery almost full.
Good on ya mate but no one can do much till you upload log from flight,we can guess but it's just a guess or speculation and that's no good if want to know what happen

Got it, edited the post. Hope that now I might get some answers to the questions that moved me to post here, cause I still have no clue why DJI drones behave like this.
Please upload the flight logs for the flight and we might find the reason for the drone's action. Without the data we can only speculate!!

People from one culture who cherish
telling person from another culture what to do...
World War III anybody...?
Mr. Russian Pilot, when they assign you to drop
nuclear bombs, please avoid South Florida
because I'm OK with what you described...

Got heaps of friends in the Jupiter area ... greetings from Урочище Dzhily-Su !

What on earth is this supposed to mean?

Reactions: Meta4
I'm not from any culture except human culture, your post inappropriate

Ha yeh that's bad alright,if I reply to post #31 what's on my mind I will get banned, :)
My fingers want to write something regarding #31 so logging out so it dont happen

Yeah well you removed it but I put it back. Please don’t start threads
and remove your content. This is over.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member