Critical low voltage with 44% battery remaining

If it says 50 or more I don't expect the battery to in fact be empty.
Keep in mind that you should be landing around 30% battery (or when the first battery cell reaches 3.4V). It's a common misconception that the battery can be flown down to 0%.

Full throttle has never ever given me any strange warnings or auto landing before.
The propulsion message was added in firmware 1.6, so it's going to be a new experience for many people. As you can see by where the cell voltage was heading in your log, it was a great addition to the firmware.

If the battery cant handle whats going on when showing more then 50% i find it to be something wrong. DJI seems to agree...
I find it very odd that DJI agrees -- unless you sent them the internal flight log and they saw something more than what is showing in the log above.

Keep in mind that you should be landing around 30% battery (or when the first battery cell reaches 3.4V). It's a common misconception that the battery can be flown down to 0%.

The propulsion message was added in firmware 1.6, so it's going to be a new experience for many people. As you can see by where the cell voltage was heading in your log, it was a great addition to the firmware.

I find it very odd that DJI agrees -- unless you sent them the internal flight log and they saw something more than what is showing in the log above.

Would really value your input on this or anybody's for that matter, why pick you to quote on easy "puppy sidewalk old drone long road" no offence if you in your 20's but doubt,
Got this critically low voltage message for first time a week ago difference with myself I fully charged just before flight,
Temp was 6* Celsius / *43 Fahrenheit
Battery temp @ takeoff 15* Celsius so flew very close till 25* Celsius as advised by app
Vid I wanted was hover over subject & then full up & reverse
Battery has 99 cycles
This is screen shots on landing, I did hit rth on rc & also got low propulsion power reduced warnings?? I think as he acted very slow on inputs, to be honest when RED warnings happen it time to panic so not sure about last reduced power quote but he was definitely off colour
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459982934.641182.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459983029.254309.jpg

VLOS throughout,
The good news I landed him safely but afraid of this battery which was the original that came with him last May 2015, have another 2 maybe about 60 cycles each,
A bit long winded & I need bed now but is this dude toast or safe as I no longer trust him
Just charged him see pic
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459984185.754521.jpg

Thanks in advance you guys
Ptr

Got this critically low voltage message for first time a week ago difference with myself I fully charged just before flight
Please upload your flight log here and post a link back here.

Please upload your flight log here and post a link back here.
Daughter @ college has my laptop & to be honest it's @ its end game 2.5 year old acer, have a few $ put aside but as I fly with a iPhone 6+ would love a iPad mini 4 & nice laptop later @ the very least 1 that can handle editing vids which acer couldn't do crash crash baby @1080p, question flew care free since May 15, have 3 batteries 1 on now 102 cycles other 2 about 60 cycles, never put voltage on main screen but have, now looking just @ this am I over analysing & go back to care free or should I have concerns as to how long do batteries actually last, was perfect conditions to fly in my location today but my now battery fear is getting the better of me, when is cycles to much or is it variable , P3P is my 1st investment into this & I'd like to keep him around, in advance T

Well this happen to me yesterday. I was about 800 meters offshore shooting some photos of the coastline on a perfect day at Phillip Island, Australia. Suddenly a critical voltage error can up and I was losing altitude. I panicked and headed the drone back towards me. In the back of my mind I already thought my P3s was a going into the drink. (Also think perhaps wife will let me buy a P4 or inspire). Luckily I just made it to a grass patch by the beach narrowly missing the trees. I had no idea what happen. Now after reading these forums I realize that I did take off with a battery that has been sitting for about a week. I did notice my battery was only about 65% shortly after take off.

Lesson learnt. In future I will charge the batteries before flying and not days before hand. Also I should have checked the battery was fully charged before I flew.

I was lucky that I didn't lose the drone. Thank you to all those posting on here so now I can ensure I won't make the same mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: SolidP and Digdat0

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1