Critical BATTERY ERROR while flying over a lake

Reaction score
Flying over a lake this morning with my son. Calibration went fine. auto take off. Hover was rock Solid.
we flew around for a bout 5 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. Then my screen starts blinking a red message saying "Critical Battery Error".....I was seeing visions of my p3p at the bottom of the lake. I immediately flew the p3 towards shore and had my son catch it.

You will never guess why I was getting this message.....My son turned off the battery and said to me "Maybe you should have pushed the battery in firmer until it clicked and locked into place.

Apparently, Dad, who is usually the over cautious one, inserted the battery, but did not click it in place.
There was a good millimeter gap between the battery and the p3p.

I know we are quick to find faults with our p3's, but I am amazed with this technology and the fact that it warned me of this battery error. I also feel like there was an Angel watching out for me and not letting the battery fall out and my p3p crashing into the lake.

The lesson to be learned" MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS CLICKED INTO PLACE" I will never do that again.

Congrats on manning up and taking the blame. Lesson learned.

Glad you were able to get it back! I thought I read that the critical battery error would make it land immediately, wherever it was?

Glad you were able to get it back! I thought I read that the critical battery error would make it land immediately, wherever it was?
This warning didn't look like the critical battery low warning where it does start landing automatically. And also it showed that I still had 13 minutes or so of flying time. I definitely could tell by this warning that something was wrong. really cool that it could sense that something was not right with the battery.

Reactions: snerd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik