created a brick

Reaction score
It started out an issue with pink/red and white lines in bright areas of the picture.
the suggestions i found was change the ribbon cable (and it worked).
the picture was beautiful!
THEN.
last night I go down to button everything up and in my standard luck, the drone won’t connect to the controller. I’m getting 3 flashing yellow lights from the camera button. I try to pair again with no luck. So I plug into assistant 2. It says there are conflicting firmware issues, and I should update. I do. It stops at 24%, and that’s it. So I try downgrading software with no luck. I set back to factory settings which it did, but still no remote pair, and still can’t update firmware. I notice now the camera light is solid red. So, the ribbon solves my picture problem, then the drone became a brick. I have no idea what to do at this point. I’m about to see how this brick flies if you throw it like a frisbee!

sorry. but I am not familiar with "AC" (im a noob, kid of).
But if RC refers to Remote, and AC refers to drone, it would be AC, and done with DJI assistant 2 for phantom (since the remote wont connect to the drone anyway). DJI assistant was the program that told me there were firmware incompatabilities between some modules.

The conflicting firmware could be between the aircraft and the remote. Updating the remote firmware is quite easy, And may solve the conflict

the remote states it has the latest firmware through the DJI go 4 app.
is there another way to update the remote for the P$P other than the go 4 app?
I looked on line and cant find anything.

Also,
the remote is off when i have the p4p plugged into the DJI assistant 2.
I suppose anything would help and is possible, but how would the remote affect the drone if its not on?

Does the firmware of the remote affect the AC if not on or connected?

How did you try re link,,under rc settings in app ? Sometimes a manual link works
Screenshot_20200215-074733_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Capt KO
You're fine with the remote. Sounds like you have the latest and greatest. Firm

Make sure you don't have an SD card plugged in during updates, linking, etc gets confused

How did you try re link,,under rc settings in app ? Sometimes a manual link worksView attachment 117247
Thank you for that.
I had tried that last night.
the remote even said "remote linked" after.
but linking button on drone remains solid red, even as or after pressed.

Is there anyway to force feed the firmware upgrade?
it doesnt work through app (since remote wont connect), and it fails each time on DJI Assistant 2.

is there a way to load it on an sd card and force the phantom to update?

You should be able to get the link button on the AC aircraft to flash, when pressed, whether it’s linked up to anything or not. It sounds like everything is fine with the remote. If link is always red without blink when pressed, agree, it’s firmware related.
Have never done AC firm updates using SD myself. ?

If link had blinked, I would have suggested that your remote got reset to a P4S or P4A instead of 4Pro. Wish I could help more. Good luck.

I kind of thought that also. I’m convinced if I can get it to update, I can work things through. But, the update keeps failing. I’m at a loss. This is what I see when I plug into assistant.

Attachments

• 19E40D9E-7FA5-4BDE-8065-8186B8B10027.jpeg
    19E40D9E-7FA5-4BDE-8065-8186B8B10027.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 201
I haven’t updated an AC in over a year. I had to do a few remotes because I was forced to. (Had 12, now just 6) I know this ain’t helpin. Past updates I did were mixed results. My original P4P was hardest, couple of tries to get 95% before success. Scared me. Very cautious now

At 24%, does it stop or pause? There are some very long pauses during the update.
Please, No Frizbee

Did the link problem start with the replacement of the ribbon cable? Assuming not because you’ve gotten a view from the drone already.

Did you try updating from the device when asked? What did it say to do after you hit confirm?

Is there anyway to force feed the firmware upgrade?
This video shows how to force a reinstall on a P3.
I don't have a P4 and have no idea if the process will also work on a P4 model.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: JoBe
I haven’t updated an AC in over a year. I had to do a few remotes because I was forced to. (Had 12, now just 6) I know this ain’t helpin. Past updates I did were mixed results. My original P4P was hardest, couple of tries to get 95% before success. Scared me. Very cautious now

At 24%, does it stop or pause? There are some very long pauses during the update.
Please, No Frizbee
At 24% it sits until I get this message every time.

Attachments

• 9E78CE9D-8970-4C75-AF86-A787F97F70D1.jpeg
    9E78CE9D-8970-4C75-AF86-A787F97F70D1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 219
Did the link problem start with the replacement of the ribbon cable? Assuming not because you’ve gotten a view from the drone already.

Did you try updating from the device when asked? What did it say to do after you hit confirm?
I actually had the camera working perfectly. I just confirmed it has nothing to do with the camera. I have 2 p4p’s and I swapped them. The one with the update problem still has it, and the other work’s perfectly with the swapped camera

Reactions: Capt KO
This video shows how to force a reinstall on a P3.
I don't have a P4 and have no idea if the process will also work on a P4 model.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Unfortunately, p4p doesn’t have the update separate. So no way to do it. (I just found out)

• Sad
Reactions: Oso
Did you switch cameras just to find out if that was the problem? Or was one of the cameras bad? At least you’ve got something to fly while you try to figure it out. Maybe somebody’s dart will stick. Out of darts

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic